There is hope .... and its all done to CD!

I just wanted to post this for all you girls who have extreme PCOS.

Apart from this week being the week I dropped under 100kg, yesterday I got a period! Whats all the joy about? I have been taking hormones for the past 5 years as I NEVER saw a period without hormones. Ive been told I probably never will and when I try to have a baby, i wont be able to - to be honest I also thought this would be the case if I dont even have a period.

Now that I have my period and it came by itself, I couldnt be happier!

I dont know if its the weight loss in general, dropping under 100kg, or just the happiness I feel lately after years of struggling with my weight and now losing it.

Anyway thanks CD, cos its probably a combo of all the above and its all down to you!

Amazing news!!! I'm the same, have had irregular periods since I was 14, sometimes going months without them- have had 3 lots of surgery to remove cysts. When I'm on Cambridge I get a regular monthly cycle- gives me hope!! Xx

Aww! Thats great news xxx

Thats great news! And really good to hear. I was told as a teen it would be unlikely I would ever fall pregnant, having not had a period for two years and severe PCOS. No one mentioned weight as a factor, just wrote me off. I was 21st! At 19 years old! I wish someone had told me... anyway, lost some weight and periods came back, now seem to be regular so maybe one day! I'm on a different VLCD so losing fast, I hope that one day I'll be a parent.

thanks for this. i have noticed that since i started cd i have had 2 periods in 3 months. this is a record for me as previously it was about 2 periods in a year. i also used to have a lot of pain before and i have noticed that this has decreased. :)

I think I'm the opposite to you guys. I have pcos too and when I lose weight my periods start to get more regular but this month (2nd on cambridge) i'm already 5 days late!

Siobhan is there any chance that you might be pregnant?

My niece has PCOS and fell pregnant with her little boy really quickly when she started Cambridge.

Thats great news! And really good to hear. I was told as a teen it would be unlikely I would ever fall pregnant, having not had a period for two years and severe PCOS. No one mentioned weight as a factor, just wrote me off. I was 21st! At 19 years old! I wish someone had told me... anyway, lost some weight and periods came back, now seem to be regular so maybe one day! I'm on a different VLCD so losing fast, I hope that one day I'll be a parent.

This is the 2nd time I have lost a large amount of weight and my periods have started naturally. I think its safe to say weight hinders most of us (even though I have some friends who were bigger than me when I started and have had babies!).

Nothing can beat happy vibes from our weight loss and lots of positive thoughts!

xx

thanks for this. i have noticed that since i started cd i have had 2 periods in 3 months. this is a record for me as previously it was about 2 periods in a year. i also used to have a lot of pain before and i have noticed that this has decreased. :)

Thats great!

I had loads of pain in my boobs the day before the period came, it was horrible, but who cares, im ovulating!:D

Siobhan is there any chance that you might be pregnant?

My niece has PCOS and fell pregnant with her little boy really quickly when she started Cambridge.

Yeah that would be great Siobahn!

My CDC says that she has had many girls with PCOS who have been trying to get pregnant without success for years and whilst doing CD they get pregnant..... and I intend to be one of them!

She calls them Cambridge babies - if I get pregnant I will make Cambridge the babies middle name!

I think its not just the weight loss that helps with pregnancy, its the detox the body goes through during CD and the happy thoughts and positive attitude we have when we lose weight too.

Hello all, i'm not pregnant was just a week late. I really can't wait to be a mum but I want to lose all this weight first x x

Back