There's Nothing I Can Eat & Will I Lose Any?

Sharloid

Hi, i've recently started counting points again as i've put 5 stone on in the last few years but i'm having a bit of a hard time, I hope some of you will be able to help.

Firstly, i'm on 26 points. Now, i've worked it out, and i'm sure what I usually eat (when not dieting) is equal or less than that. I'm worried that by counting points and trying to use them up that i'll end up eating more than I was before and thus not losing weight?

Secondly, i'm rather limited with my food. I created a list of things I like or can tolerate (everything except biscuits, chocolate and cakes pretty much) and I onl like 26 savoury items and 26 sweet/misc things! That's only 52 food things to base my whole diet on and it's pretty hard. I've obviously looked through cookbooks and what not but I can't find many that use these foods etc. Now I often just end up having a plate of carrots with a sprinkling of cheese, and that gets pretty lame after a while.

For reference (incase any of you have any ideas) here's my list:

Savoury
Vegetables
Carrots
Broccoli
Onions
Cauliflower
Cabbage
Leeks
Spinach
Potatoes
Sweetcorn
Peas
Tomato sauce
Pulses
Barley
Kidney beans
Baked beans
Tinned Spaghetti
Carbs
Wholemeal bread
Wholemeal pasta
Brown rice
Pitta breads
Mains/meat
Quorn mince
Chicken breast
Bacon
Low fat sausage
Vegetable fingers/grills/burgers
Healthy pizza
Eggs

Sweet
Fruit
Bananas
Apples
Strawberries
Raspberries
Pineapple
Peaches
Grapes
Raisins
Satsumas
Melon
Desserts
Yoghurt
Ice cream
Jelly
Fruit pot
Meringues
Chocolate mousse
Angel delight
Ice pops
Breakfasts
Porridge/oats
Cornflakes
Museli
Weetabix
Crumpets
Other snacks
Bread sticks/crackers
Low fat cheese spread
Healthy crisps
Pistachio nuts

Is this a list of the things you can eat?

x

Yep! All the foods I like/can tolerate. :)

Well it looks a good list to me you can do lots with those food. Welcome to the WW boards you'll find a lot of support on here.

M

Hiya im a little confused,your lists has a good variety of foods on it so i am wondering why you say there is nothing you can eat :confused:

have a look on the recipe thread too there are some lovely meals to choose from...
Good luck with your journey..its very friendly here and im sure you will be addicted in no time at all..:)

I was just asking for ideas really, i've read through some of the pages in the thread but haven't really found anything (I could have just missed some!). :)

I was a little confused too as your list consists of everything you should eat!

If you point everything correctly then you will lose weight. I'm on 24 points and I've lost nearly 2 stone so it does work!!

What about:

Bolognese
Free veg soup
Veg curry
Veg chilli
Sausage frittata
Pitta pizzas
Chicken curry
Pasta with tom sauce and chicken
Roast chicken dinner

List is endless luv!

You have a really good list of foods and it's just a case of cooking things from scratch!

xx

Hiya again..i know its not on yer list but do you like Butternut Squash?
Ita a fab free food and lush done as chips...:)

I guess I just need to be creative and try cooking things a little different and mixing things up!
I don't mind butternut squash but we're on an extremely tight budget which doesn't allow it i'm afraid!

Back