Thermomix

passionflower

Silver Member
Hi peeps do anyone on the Dukan diet owns a Thermomix? and do you have any yum recipes?

I google searched it.
Looks very useful and complex.
I'm sure you put it to good use on this diet.
Not to mention that on Conso you could make your own bread.

My daughter's ex french fiance's Mum had one, a very clever but very expensive machine. She did Dukan that's how I first found out about the regime.

They are very expensive but ours paid for itself in less than 1 year, our shopping bill went down by £30/week and there's only me and hubby, a family of four will recoup the cost in savings a lot quicker. I make everything now from my own washing powder to butter, cheese, yoghurt, bread, fresh jam from tiny amount of reduced fruit in supermarkets, bread only takes 3 minutes, ice creams and sorbets 8 minutes, I could go on and on. And professional chefs love them, every time there's a cooking program on TV I will spot them, James Martin had one this morning on Saturday Kitchen.
It is a godsend for this diet my frozen yoghurt comes out like proper icecream, you could never get it that smooth with any type of blender. Love my baby :)

I'm going to sound really old fashioned but I do it all by hand still! There's nothing nicer than baking bread/pizza dough by hand, I do jam, mincemeat, pickles, cakes, pastry, etc and I taught myself from cookery books. It's very relaxing. I have a hand blender but apart from my coffee machine that is the only gadget in the kitchen.
I fully support more people cooking at home rather than relying on ready-meals, and thermomix looks amazing, but I bet I would put one in the cupboard and forget about it!

I'm going to sound really old fashioned but I do it all by hand still! There's nothing nicer than baking bread/pizza dough by hand, I do jam, mincemeat, pickles, cakes, pastry, etc and I taught myself from cookery books. It's very relaxing. I have a hand blender but apart from my coffee machine that is the only gadget in the kitchen.
I fully support more people cooking at home rather than relying on ready-meals, and thermomix looks amazing, but I bet I would put one in the cupboard and forget about it!
And that was exactly what I was like, believe me i grew up with my mum and everyone I knew cooking every single day and that's what i have been doing all my life, the thought of a pre packed meal sends shivers down my spine. But for me Thermie allows me to sample more fun things like a perfectly cooked Rissotto that takes 15 minutes while I have a shower instead of me stirring it for 45 minutes. Hollandaise sauce is the mother of all sauces (Eggs Benedict my fave breakfast in the world) and cooking it by hand takes skill, patience as is so tricky, with the Thermie is spot on every time no messing. It peels my garlic in 2 seconds, chops up my onions in 5 seconds, steams my rice to perfection my mash potatoes are like fluffy clouds (again steamed not boiled so you do not loose any flavour and you don't gain lots of extra water in there) but the best thing of it is that it cooks fast by induction at controlled temperature and everything tastes 5 times more delicious than the stove version, the minute you start cooking every food starts to loose nutrients and taste, the longer you cook it for the more of this vital components you loose.
Believe me this is not a GADGET its a very intelligent kitchen, and after a year and a half I still use it every single day several times a day.
The other benefit is that having a Thermomix allows you to live a completely Additive free diet, I do not add anything to my jams, just fruit and sugar, yes it won't last as long as the traditional one but when it takes me 15 minutes to make while I do something else its hardly a chore and is so much nicer fresh. It kneads my bread in 3 minutes, I used to (roll eyes) mix it before bed time, pop it in the fridge to prove overnight, pop it in the oven when i got up and before I left for work the bread was done, again no nasties added and do able for an everyday busy person. Before my bread baking was more of a once a week/fortnight at the weekend if i could be bothered job.
The machine will not do anything that you can do by hand and holly molly I still go into Mama Mode more often than not, but its a wonderful addition for people who do not have a lot of time but care about what they eat, and those that have the time but are to scared to try more adventurous things.
And don't get me started on chocolate, if you ever tried to temper chocolate by hand you will know what I mean, thermie makes it a breeze.
Sorry I am off again LOL.

Passionflower, it sounds wonderful would love one. But there is no way I could convince my husband at £800 at the moment. :(

I think it sounds lovely, I do find my time cooking relaxing though (it's about the only time all my children leave me be so I'd be a fool to make it go quicker!). I'm going to show my husband it online so if we win the lottery he knows to get me one as well as a Kirby Hoover! Or if we win euromillions I could buy my own cook/cleaner/housekeeper ;)

Agree it does sound lovely but no way can I justify the price tag :(. DH already frowned when I finally replaced our 12-year old breadmaker (not broken) with an updated model (it's used several times a week, we don't buy any bread, now I have an "add raisin" function and rye cycle - aahhhh :)). Apart from that I do have a few machines but they are all used several times a week: Yoghurt Maker, Slow cooker, hand-held Blender (I'll burn that motor out soon....). But I don't have a 'big' Kitchen Mixer (whatever they're called) and am noticing how more and more recipes assume you have one these days (with instructions like "pulse for 30 sec before adding the flour")

Never heard of the Thermomix until last night when I read this thread. Looked it up today, what a fantastic invention... Sent off for details and hope to be the proud owner of one soon. For the ease of making risotto alone it would be worth it. Pity they don't come in colours to go with my KitchenAid.
Thanks for introducing me.

I would strongly suggest you have a demonstration either before or after purchasing one, my husband said NO WAY straight away when I told him about wanting one, and I was pretty sceptical myself too (I do not part with MY own money easily), 20 minutes into the demo he handed his card to the lovely demo and said can we get it here tomorrow? LOL
You will love it, your whole family will love and it will change your life for the better.

Back