Things I'm actually happy about!

BlackRose

Gold Member
I have had an amazing 2008 so far. An absolutely amazing 2008!!

My little boy (perhpas not so little -he's 11 now :cry:) got an A in his transfer test and accepted into an excellent grammar school that's so hard to get into but I believe just suits his personality perfectly. He's had a really hard time with primary schools so the fact that he bounced back and did so well, I really couldn't be prouder of him.:cry:
My little girl started nursery and took like a duck to water, so thats a relief.

I graduated with a 2:1 which I sooo did not think I was getting.

My 2 sisters struggled with confidence for years and they both finally bit the bullet and went for jobs they both never thought they'd get..and DID! lol

My OH, my lovely lovely OH took me to Paris last week..and proposed so perfectly I couldn't have designed it better myself.

The only taint on all these occasions and happineses has been my weight -and I've had enough. Yay for 2008 and its deliverance of gloat-worthy events and all the things I'm truly truly grateful for..so now its down to me, and only me to sort my body out and take away all excuses to feel sorry for myself.

I think I'll see this wonderful year out with a healthy dose of weight loss and call it a big cherry on top.

Anybody want to share?.. Or have I just p**sed pl who've had a crappy year off?:eek::eek:

Things I am happy about in life is..Being around my family, They are fantastic..I see my Nephews and Nieces faces and it makes me smile so much..They mean the world to me..Oh And Toodles my poodle can't forget him he means the world to me also:p!
Another would be that I am still alive I guess (Morbid is my name :p) As I was 32 stones 3 years ago and eating myself to death :( But now I feel like I am finally getting control of my life, I am looking forward to new things in life..And I will follow my dreams and do the things that I want to achieve :)
If it was not for this diet I could have been stones heavier by now..I LOVE LIPOTRIM!! :D

NICE ONE LAURA!! You certainly should be proud of yourself. You've done brilliantly well...btw 'morbid'- I was proposed to in a cemetery..I get it lol

Bring it on...and post a pic of you when you buy that colourful top! ;)

NICE ONE LAURA!! You certainly should be proud of yourself. You've done brilliantly well...btw 'morbid'- I was proposed to in a cemetery..I get it lol

Bring it on...and post a pic of you when you buy that colourful top! ;)

:D That sounds so romantic in a cemetery, :p you lucky lucky girl :D Thanks sweetie when I reach 19st you will be seeing hundreds of pics of me you will get bored of seeing me he he...Keep it up sweetie ;):D

It was!! lol..and I look forward to those pics! :D

I have had an amazing 2008 so far. An absolutely amazing 2008!!

My little boy (perhpas not so little -he's 11 now :cry:) got an A in his transfer test and accepted into an excellent grammar school that's so hard to get into but I believe just suits his personality perfectly. He's had a really hard time with primary schools so the fact that he bounced back and did so well, I really couldn't be prouder of him.:cry:
My little girl started nursery and took like a duck to water, so thats a relief.

I graduated with a 2:1 which I sooo did not think I was getting.

My 2 sisters struggled with confidence for years and they both finally bit the bullet and went for jobs they both never thought they'd get..and DID! lol

My OH, my lovely lovely OH took me to Paris last week..and proposed so perfectly I couldn't have designed it better myself.

The only taint on all these occasions and happineses has been my weight -and I've had enough. Yay for 2008 and its deliverance of gloat-worthy events and all the things I'm truly truly grateful for..so now its down to me, and only me to sort my body out and take away all excuses to feel sorry for myself.

I think I'll see this wonderful year out with a healthy dose of weight loss and call it a big cherry on top.

Anybody want to share?.. Or have I just p**sed pl who've had a crappy year off?:eek::eek:

What a wonderful and inspiring post... go for it hun, there is nothing stopping you xx

Ive had a crap year but glad yours has been good lol

Only joking!

Mine has been good too, My partner ended up double his annual salary thus enabling me to quit work and look after my beautiful little girl whos 1 1/2. Enjoying spending time with my family who are the most important thing in the world!! They make me so happy, im just planning my wedding at the moment, i get married in may next year and im hoping to have lost my 3 1/2 stone by then! Im 12pounds down so far!

Well lets say "The only way is up" for us all!(and down on the scales)

:D:D:D what wonderful news !!!

CONGRATULATIONS to you both - you make a lovely couple !!!

lotsa love

Debz xxxx

Things I am happy about in life is..Being around my family, They are fantastic..I see my Nephews and Nieces faces and it makes me smile so much..They mean the world to me..Oh And Toodles my poodle can't forget him he means the world to me also:p!
Another would be that I am still alive I guess (Morbid is my name :p) As I was 32 stones 3 years ago and eating myself to death :( But now I feel like I am finally getting control of my life, I am looking forward to new things in life..And I will follow my dreams and do the things that I want to achieve :)
If it was not for this diet I could have been stones heavier by now..I LOVE LIPOTRIM!! :D

WELL DONE - amazing turnaround - you ROCK Laura !!!

Debz x

Last edited:
Ive had a crap year but glad yours has been good lol

Only joking!

Mine has been good too, My partner ended up double his annual salary thus enabling me to quit work and look after my beautiful little girl whos 1 1/2. Enjoying spending time with my family who are the most important thing in the world!! They make me so happy, im just planning my wedding at the moment, i get married in may next year and im hoping to have lost my 3 1/2 stone by then! Im 12pounds down so far!

Well lets say "The only way is up" for us all!(and down on the scales)

Exellent!! That must feel nice, no more guilt about leaving the baby! Time to work on YOU-and I absolutely believe you'll get into your beautiful wedding dress. BRING IT AWWNNN!!! ;)

:D:D:D what wonderful news !!!

CONGRATULATIONS to you both - you make a lovely couple !!!

lotsa love

Debz xxxx

hey hey debz!! I'm feeling very smug -as you can prob tell:eek:- and happy. Thanks, I love my wee James :eek: He's soo amazing to me and the kids, I'd be lost without him..uh oh -gettin weepy. ;)

hey hey debz!! I'm feeling very smug -as you can prob tell:eek:- and happy. Thanks, I love my wee James :eek: He's soo amazing to me and the kids, I'd be lost without him..uh oh -gettin weepy. ;)

he is LOVELY !! but, hey - so are YOU ;)

Debz x

WELL DONE - amazing turnaround - you ROCK Laura !!!

Debz x

Awwwwwww Debz, Thanks very much ((Big Hugs)) YOU ROCK 2!!! :p

Awwwwwww Debz, Thanks very much ((Big Hugs)) YOU ROCK 2!!! :p

thanks hun....but you have achieved so much - well done - look forward to seeing those pics ;)

love

Debz xx

thanks hun....but you have achieved so much - well done - look forward to seeing those pics ;)

love

Debz xx

I will have hundreds on here when I lose more and more weight :p Every angle of me ha ha! Thanks again sweetie :):)

Exellent!! That must feel nice, no more guilt about leaving the baby! Time to work on YOU-and I absolutely believe you'll get into your beautiful wedding dress. BRING IT AWWNNN!!! ;)

I know its good being able to stay with her im very lucky, don't get me wrong were not flush but we manage. I hope i look good in my dress, don't want to be a fat bride! (i know i used the f word)

Congratulations BR, your post made me smile!

My year has been mixed, chicken pox wasn't fun and a very scary interraction with someone from another forum (might explain a bit more one day), on the bright side, I passed both of my counselling courses and have been accepted into the next one starting in January. We moved from London to Norwich, which is lovely and I'm facing some demons in therapy, which just has to be done. The timing seems perfect as I'm not working at the moment so my days are my own...

Although I think finding LT and this community has been wonderful, looking forward to the possibility of wearing clothes I haven't worn for 10 years is almost as confronting as it is exciting.

xxxxx

my year

well i am a naturally positive person so i tend to block out the crap and focus on the good, so unless i think hard about it i wont remember all the crap (good thing too!)

I am delighted about:

• losing weight yaaaaayy for LT
  • passing my nvq 2 in health and social care
  • finding my focus (didn't know what i wanted out of life proffesionally) now decided to train to become a counsellor - now doing psychology course and counselling one starts in october. then doing diploma in counselling and looking to do a degree in psychology.
  • put house on market in prep for move to devon with keith (he's from there)
  • learning to manage my medical conditions better.
  • found an author i love and reading loads of books, (tess Gerritsen) its nice having something that you can switch off to.
  • making more friends than i have in years.
if anyone has had a bad year, you still have time make it a good one with LT, in at least one area anyway!

right things that have made me happy this year
1: I got a promotion in work to Clinical Nurse Manager which meant a nice pay rise
2: I got first class honours in my honours degree
3: I got accepted to UNI to do my masters
4: My sister had a baby girl whom I am godmother to
5: I have two wonderfull little boys whom I am thankfull for every day
6: I have fit into a size 14 trousers something I never remember doing before
I have alot to be happy about.

LOVING IT!! PPL are actually thinkin of good things about heir lives -LOVE IT! LMAO I'm going to keep on reading this thread because seeing happy posts def makes it easier for me. When I feel I've something to live for, something worth getting up in the morning for -it makes me want to take care of myself. I have a good life and I want it to last. Its great that so many ppl are posting with good things. My oh My aren't we all busy bunnies!! ;) ;)

Congratulations and Good Luck to everyone. oxoxoxo :D :D :D

Back