Things that made my first week fly in...

Cezz, are you still around? Exante is sooooo much better! Life got in the way at the end of Jan but I'm restarting and am on day 7 today, still 100% How are you getting on?

Oh gawd, Martin don't even mention the flapjacks! I swear I can still taste them from 4 months back!! :eek:

Tmc, I drink 3 litres a day and how I do it is I have 3 small 500ml bottles. I fill them in the morning and refill them when I'm done and aim to get through the 6 a day to reach the 3L. You can't drink it all at the same time but have you tried drinking a big glass when you get up in the morning? I'm always a bit dehydrated when I wake up and it helps get your metabolism going and gets you on your way to your target 2L.

haha, the flapjacks... I tried one about 4 years ago and I still try not to think of it.

It smelled like gone off dog food and I thought, "it can't possibly taste as bad as it smells."

It tasted worse. :eek:

LOL!! It definitely did. I even tried both flavours! Enough to make you quit on the spot. Put my OH through trying them so he shared some of my LT suffering!

I only tried the coconut one. One bite and spat it out. I decided I'd rather go hungry than eat that!

I've read some people like them. Weirdos :D

I find it really hard to imagine but if you've been on choc shakes for months they probably provide some relief being able to chew

I know I'm more than likely repeating others' advice but I'm just trying to help so here goes...
1) WATER -The water stick has beaten everyone to death I know but it is bloody magic! Think of it as a gift from the Diet Dumbledore.

2) Coffee -obviously only if you like coffee but adding a tsp of coffee and a sweetener to the vanilla shakes -blended with ice -made it feel like i was enjoying an iced latte - YAY!

3) See above with chocolate shake and make it an iced mocha ;)

4) Making the 'hot chocolate' actually palatable - blend the shake with a little cold water until its a paste and then top up in my big mug with boiling water -add a sweetener if you like. Its actually very very comforting - I sit down on front of the tv or with a book and really enjoy it - I actually look forward to it now!

5) Add a spoonful of coffee to make a hot mocha. Same with the vanilla -actually better with the vanilla to make a lovely creamy latte -great for waking me up and filling me up in the morning.

6) I'm not a big fan of the strawberry shakes so just blend them with ice and a sweetener and woopwoop! decent strawberry milkshake.

7) with the 'lattes' (it sounds more exciting to call them that lol) I have actually split the sachet to make two from it -one in the morning and one to cover that mid-morning slump. It really helps me to think I've have myself a little treat to get me through the day.

**8)(added almost 5 years after original post :D) I thought I'd add here the peppermint tea tip, to save people scrolling through all the comments. Basically you add peppermint tea instead of boiling water to the hot chocolate method to make a mint-choc shake. It is really delicious, especially when you're struggling. Iwould also have made the peppermint tea before bed and let it cool over night, then blended it with ice to make a mint-choc shake. I remember all too clearly the need for variety of flavour on tough days.**

I hope I've helped someone stick at least another day on their diet.

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!!!1:D:D:D

Back