Things that made my first week fly in...

I always have my chocolate shakes with hot water in the evenings, makes me feel like I'm drinking a hot chocolate!

Love the tip on adding peppermint tea to chocolate shake ..to create a new flavour..tried it & love it. I think I will try the hot chocolate tomorrow...because it's getting very cold outside & drinking all that cold water is making me feel even colder :D

very helpful to a newbie. Thank you

I know I'm more than likely repeating others' advice but I'm just trying to help so here goes...
1) WATER -The water stick has beaten everyone to death I know but it is bloody magic! Think of it as a gift from the Diet Dumbledore.

2) Coffee -obviously only if you like coffee but adding a tsp of coffee and a sweetener to the vanilla shakes -blended with ice -made it feel like i was enjoying an iced latte - YAY!

3) See above with chocolate shake and make it an iced mocha ;)

4) Making the 'hot chocolate' actually palatable - blend the shake with a little cold water until its a paste and then top up in my big mug with boiling water -add a sweetener if you like. Its actually very very comforting - I sit down on front of the tv or with a book and really enjoy it - I actually look forward to it now!

5) Add a spoonful of coffee to make a hot mocha. Same with the vanilla -actually better with the vanilla to make a lovely creamy latte -great for waking me up and filling me up in the morning.

6) I'm not a big fan of the strawberry shakes so just blend them with ice and a sweetener and woopwoop! decent strawberry milkshake.

7) with the 'lattes' (it sounds more exciting to call them that lol) I have actually split the sachet to make two from it -one in the morning and one to cover that mid-morning slump. It really helps me to think I've have myself a little treat to get me through the day.

**8)(added almost 5 years after original post :D) I thought I'd add here the peppermint tea tip, to save people scrolling through all the comments. Basically you add peppermint tea instead of boiling water to the hot chocolate method to make a mint-choc shake. It is really delicious, especially when you're struggling. Iwould also have made the peppermint tea before bed and let it cool over night, then blended it with ice to make a mint-choc shake. I remember all too clearly the need for variety of flavour on tough days.**

I hope I've helped someone stick at least another day on their diet.

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!!!1:D:D:D

Hi black rose That's great tips and well done on your successful weightloss

Hi all I am starting tomorrow for the first time :) I am anxious like mad I eat big meals all the time and can not help but help others finish their meals (Bad Boy) I know so going from that to shakes is very worrying. All the guidance I can get will be of great help I need you all lol.

Kyle Sr

Hi all, I'm a newbie on LT and on day 4. All is well so far, just looking for some support from fellow trimmers. I have 6 stone to loose, but my mind is in a good place at the moment as we are going on holiday next year so I'm picturing the bikini, that and my best friend gets married and I'm a bridesmaid, she is planning on putting us in the most unflattering colour, but it's her day so there's not a lot I can do about that one, I just know I will look and feel a million times better 6 stone lighter. Please share your success stories with me and how long it took to reach targets

Thank you, thank you, thankyou!!!
Only on day 2 and finding it hard already to face the blandness of the shakes!!! Not hungry or craving though yet which is a huge positive!!!! Your tips actually have me looking forward til tom!! Plus I get to go to the shop and but something for myself tom! Peppermint Tea Yea!!!

Peppermint tea is a godsend :D

I've decided to give lipotrim another try in the new year! I tried it last February and only lasted a week and a half, the diziness and feeling faint were really worrying me and i was struggling after living with two friends and my boyfriend (oh the student life!) my pharmacist didnt tell me that the diziness was quite common so thats why i worried so much and came off it which really upset me!
After reading some of the comments on here im feeling really gee'd up to have another crack at it! Any advice for getting over the faint feeling? Hunger didnt really bother me when i was doing it, i just kept telling myself that whatever i was craving for would still be there a few months down the line!!

I think i managed to lost about a stone in the brief time i was on it last time... Its such a shame i chickened out :(

Oh well onwards and downwards!!(on the scales!)

Lucy :) xx

Can't wait to try some of these. Any advice on how to make the chicken soup taste better? I personally don't think its possible.

Can't wait to try some of these. Any advice on how to make the chicken soup taste better? I personally don't think its possible.

I've started using a hand blender for all the drinks which takes out ALL the lumps... even in the chicken soup. I still couldn't finish it though! I don't think it's possible. I've heard some people say they add black pepper or chilli but you're not supposed to have any of that :/ I've asked the chemist not to get me any more!

Hi Guys!

In response to this, personally I've used black pepper and chilli and my chemist seemed to think these were okay? I think they're not great tasting but sometimes you really need something hot/savoury and can even look less awkward in social situations! Anyway over the years I have not noticed it affect my weight loss or cravings and it definitely does improve the flavour :)!

Hi Cezzi! Thanks for that.. and in fact I think you're right :) Black pepper and chilli raise your metabolism anyway so I am surprised how strict some chemists are about it.

Yeah I thought that too , hmmmm? I do remember watching that awful DVD though (did you watch it as well, cringe lol!!) and it said the reason that the shakes are so bland is because they encourage you to not crave different types of food (Fair enough I guess?)

But I still like food too much :) I put cinnamon in my Vanilla shakes and stuff too, whooooops ! Whatever helps... x

Haha! Yeh I remember the DVD. It's online too. It did get rid of most of my cravings to be fair and I have a pretty bad relationship with junk food *ahem* take aways. I've just switched to Exante because after two weeks on LT I couldn't stomach the shakes anymore. The Exante has bars, shakes, soups and meals so it feels like you're eating again and still on a VLCD. I haven't tried many of the products yet but the bars are so nice and I am a bit worried it'll take me back to binge behaviour because they taste good. However, I couldn't see myself sticking out my 100 day challenge on LT because I was feeling so nauseous and not chewing kept bringing my cravings back. I figure if I'm enjoying this plan more than being miserable I have a much greater chance of lasting that long. Plus, I need to learn discipline with portion sizes anyway and not scoffing things that taste good so it's teaching me that - only 3 things a day like LT!

How are you finding LT? What day are you on?

Ah fair play, nothing wrong with that :) ! as long as you're honest with yourself and you know it's down to commitment and not backing out then that's all that matters! I've done LT a couple of times I personally find it really easy (after the first 4 days lol...) to be honest I agree with you on the shake taste side, but I just figure get it in me it takes two minutes then I don't have to worry about anything until time for the next one. (kinda like medicine?). Not chewing is hard! and the flapjacks don't make it any eaiser they are RANK lol taste like dog biscuits!

Very interested in the Exante diet though, heard many people switching to it from LT! I hope you get on well, that variety sounds very appealing I'm not surprised you're going for it :)!

I'm on my 4th day (but my official 1st day [i.e pharmacy weigh-in] actually starts tomorrow!) But have lost around 4lbs already which is cool..

Keep in touch and let me know how you find it ! x

Hi how's you. I've started my diet plan today and from reading about you you've only recently started yourself. You already lost a lot of weight on here just keep it going. The flapjacks are awful your right ha

I started lipotrim last week....currently on day 6 and have my first weigh in tomorrow. I'm not tempted by food at all I have been out for lunch with friends twice and managed to make do with a green tea and wasn't bothered by my friends eating. My nephew had KFC at weekend which I would normally devour but u had no temptation to take any at all. I'm only finding it difficult to make shakes in front of my family as none of them know I'm on it. I have only 1 person who knows and I managing great. This evening is the first time I was tempted to eat a breast of skinless (over cooked) because I am visiting family and forgot my last shake of the day

I'm also finding it difficult to reach my minimum of 2 litres of water a day I reach 1.8litres and feel like I'm filled with water in my insides.......any tips??!!

My start weight was 16st 2.5lb and am in 5ft 3. I do feel great with my achievement in my forst 6 days looking forward to weigh in tomorrow morning.

Back