Things that made my first week fly in...

It is great! I live on it -hot and cold!

Well done to everyone on the LT diet ! your all doing fabulous. I'm on my 5th day and lost 5lbs so about a pound a day. who ever has come up with mixing peppermint tea with the choco mix is a genious its absolutely delish!! keep up the good work guys and keep posting as it keeps me going too :)

xxx

You lot and the discovery of adding coffee to my hot chocolate and vanilla shakes have made my first week fly by quite happily. So thanks!
:) xx

Hey Rachelle,
I hate the shakes even heated up so I too am stuck with chicken soup with an occassional rotten flapjack. I have tried mouse too. Yuck! I'm only on week one so hopefully won't turn into a chicken.

I try and break up my first drink by having some at half 8 and the rest at half 12 which is my lunch break. Then not again until 6. I spend most of the day thinking about when I can have my next drink. Weird!! Obsessive"!!!

Good luck!! The peppermint tea quite nice.

hi guys have to say i do cheat a bit with the shakes,i add chilli powder,pepper and chili flakes to my soup and sweeteners and a tiny bit of cinnamon to the hot choc,so yum and i really look forward to them,i also space them out well so im not hungry i eat one every 5 hours :)good luck

Thankyou for the peppermint hot choc suggestion, tried it 2 days ago and will be having one every night from now on in, great for a recovering chocoholic and these cold nights :D

peppermint hot choc! thats a great idea. My sister suggested a sweetener with the strawberry the other day and it really tastes like proper strawberry milkshake!! The flapjacks are vile so i will never have a single one of those again! i was sick for 2 days when I had one bite! Hot choc is very nice. has anyone tried mixing the choc and vanilla together? its meant to be quite nice but i dnt like the vanilla much so I havent tried it! xx
good luck everyone.

peppermint hot choc! thats a great idea. My sister suggested a sweetener with the strawberry the other day and it really tastes like proper strawberry milkshake!! The flapjacks are vile so i will never have a single one of those again! i was sick for 2 days when I had one bite! Hot choc is very nice. has anyone tried mixing the choc and vanilla together? its meant to be quite nice but i dnt like the vanilla much so I havent tried it! xx
good luck everyone.

flapjacks taste 'vile' (wot a word) yet u still nicked sum of mine didnt you!! even when i spent ages crushing sweetener tablets n rubbing it on!! :8855:

hahahahaha yeah but it still tasted like a poo brick! I dont understand why they dont have the caramel bars as part of the diet coz they actually taste real nice!

I actually quite like the flapjacks. Granted when I first tried them they tasted like bovril. But once you get used to the chemicallyness they're actually ok. It quite nice to have something to chew.

Hi all - Twinings do the following:

Nettle & Peppermint
Peppermint & Eucalyptus

Theres also Green tea, Lapsang Suchong tea, Earl Grey, Darjeeling (alight golden tea has a delicate character and flavour likened to the Muscatel grape) these are all leaf teas. Pu-Er tea is supposed to aid weight loss - I have seen this at Tesco or Dunnes in Ireland.

I found the following info:

Pu’Er tea has been celebrated since the Tang Dynasty ( 618AD-906AD ) for its health benefits and curative powers in certain diseases. Modern medical science has recently shown that the health benefits of Pu’er tea may be more than just Chinese folklore. Since 1970 France, Japan and China have been conducting many scientific studies on Pu’Er tea which suggest that it may:
aaxibul1.gif
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]reduce cholesterol in the blood stream[/FONT]
aaxibul1.gif
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]reduce body weight[/FONT]
aaxibul1.gif
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]help to reduce high blood pressure, heart & liver diseases related to high saturated fat diets[/FONT]
aaxibul1.gif
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]detoxify the liver[/FONT]
aaxibul1.gif
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]help prevent intestinal infection, digestive problems and constipation[/FONT]
aaxibul1.gif
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]help to prevent the formation of cancer cells in the body due to its anti-oxidants
[/FONT]

As I have a sweet tooth I would take all the above with tablet sweetner. Enjoy!

thanks for the coffee/CHOC shake tip just tried it and its yum! on day ten and struggling today but that shake was just like a little comfort food!! im loving lipo though lost twelve pound this week and cant wait for weigh in on wednesday... good luck everyone keep it up!

I made my chicken soup up today with ground ginger (powder) and a pinch of chinese five spice powder in - gorgeous!!!

Hi all,

Just started on this today and I'm quite glad I found this forum. The suggestions in this post alone have made it worthwhile joining.

I've opted for the Choc and Strawb selection for the first week, but I only get the two a day. But reading this it seems it's not an issue splitting them and drinking them during the day.

Found it quite awkward sat at work whilst everyone else was eating and I sat with another glass of water! lol

Oh well fingers crossed, some of the "recipes" on here will get me through the first week and on to better things.

thanks for all the advise, its fantastic, making this diet seem all the more do able :D

I'm so glad that this forum is here because when I look at what some of you have achieved you inspire me to carry on even when I just want to throw the towel in and start eating the rubbish I was before. For a start I feel better in myself for starting this diet. Its day 6 for me and I don't feel so bloated or fat. I still have a bit to lose but I know I can do it, I know I can because so many of you on here have done it for so long and you have incredible will power. Just to say the hot chocolate is lovely and definitely a nice treat in the evening when curling up to watch the telly. I have been putting pepper in the chicken soup to try and give it some oomph but I like the idea of putting some chilli powder in, does anyone know if thats allowed or not?? I guess a little couldn't hurt. Also can anyone tell me how to make the hot vanilla/coffee shake as I would really like to try it? Keep up the good work everyone and keep smiling :)

Back