Things that only a fellow dukaneer would understand...

My poor OH is getting the worst of it. If I eat anything he has made, I interrogate him about adding salt or oil. The other day we shared a salad that he made and I got angry because he'd snuck in a few raisins! Felt pretty bad for overreacting... ("but you know I don't eat fruit!,")

Oh I love you guys, these are brilliant!

One of mine: getting annoyed at DD who likes to have some of my egg at lunchtime when she's tucking into sausages! I've resorted to cooking an extra egg now! My food is MINE! Esp on PP day!

great ones...I'm lucky enough not to have another cook in the house. My DH doesn't really cook, and whenever in the past he has done something I've always had some questions. Hasn't a clue how to match foods LOL.

I can agree with the sharing thing too....SF Jellies are mine!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thou in the past I used to make for all of us, but they get Ice Cream......so Jellies are mine. :)

Oh I love you guys, these are brilliant!

One of mine: getting annoyed at DD who likes to have some of my egg at lunchtime when she's tucking into sausages! I've resorted to cooking an extra egg now! My food is MINE! Esp on PP day!

One of my kittens has started a "leave my food alone" deep throaty growl, which she can still do while eating (skills!). I'm considering developing something similar for these purposes? It seems to work- kitten 2 (the confident, brave, dominant one) got almost no food tonight, and got a swipe in the face when I gave her some!

OMG, amazing thread, how have I missed it till now?! Can relate to so many of those, I've barely a thin to add. Maybe just:

Considering San Pellegrino mineral water an extra special treat as it's banned for having too much salt.

Eating lunch out of a high-sided bowl so other people can't see what's in it...

Fab thread Caro, love it!

Ha! was wondering where you'd been, joodlebob :)

Maybe we can call these the dukrazies, to go with the dukan flu?

How about hiding from your colleagues who think you have an eating disorder? Luckily I usually have lunch alone anyway, so I don't have to use the high sided bowl trick. Sounds good, though!

I have one more to add... Keeping an eye out on what other people are eating in case I spot anyone who seems to be undercover on dukan. Do you think there's a secret dukan handshake out there?

Secret handshake, or an ear tug maybe....apart from my parents (and family who have heard us talk about it) no one I speak to has heard of it. LOL, maybe one day. :D

Can we make it waving oat bran so us non meat eaters can get involved?!

We should all have oatbran confetti at our special occasions lol!

and hope it doesn't rain !!!!!!!!!!!!

Eeeuuww, the thought of oat bran sludge in my hair...

Love this thread and just how potty we must seem to the untrained eye!
My contribtution is, seeing the look of shock on my OH face when I announce I'm going to pack for a weekend away and head straight for the kitchen - he can't seriously believe I'd go anywhere without my duffins, could he?!

hahaha, yes nice one for the Duffins.

omg, i can relate to half of these and i have only been doing it a week. Mine, is going to the pub and the OH getting a me a tonic water and then me returning to check it was slimline and when it wasn't changing it. The local pub think I am now a fussy madam! :)

I actually got my own drinks the last time I went to a put....diet coke LOL. wasn't taking any chances it was wrong or the other person forgot which coke was mine LOL

Yes, I think we are an unpopular lot in most restaurants and bars! The number of salads I've had to send back since they added dressing... ;-)

Hey, don't let this thread disappear - it's full of smiles and giggles.

Back