Things that people not on Lighter Life just can’t understand…

The last time I was on a flight, the air stewardess asked if I was pregnant (I'm not and never have been!)
So am looking forward to not having to worry about being asked again!

weighing less than my husband has definately been one of my thrills.and though my hubby has tried to pick me up i couldnt let him yet i think i should weigh at least wat i weighed when i got married before i let him do that. fitting into some my size 10 sisters slightly looser clothes it dont look quite as it should but at least i can get it on. heres another one that happened just yesterday is i picked out an asian outfit to wear which i knew never fit me at all before i ironed it and put it on and guess what? itwas huge so i couldnt wear it cos it looked like i was wearing a sack.:kissass:lololol.

Love it Dazzle! Must be fabulous to have a whole 'new' wardrobe from your old clothes - wear them quick before they are too big :D

Just thought of one - how we can find the energy to go to the gym on only 500 calories a day!

If I hadn't done it myself - I would never have believed it - our bodies are amazing - impossible is nothing :D

Thought of a few more...
  • That Thursday is now my favourite day of the week, as it's my weigh in day!
  • Going to a restaurant, not eating, but still deciding what I would have off the menu (maybe this is just me?) People always think i'm teasing myself, but it gives me something to look forward to!

Hanmac you are not alone there! I've just been looking at the menu for a Spa visit I'm going on at the end of the month and picking out what I like even though I won't be eating - nutty as a fruitcake :D

Haha AJB! It's strangely fun I find...but know when I actually start being able to eat in restaurants I wont be able to decide!

The joy of chewing something!!! I just had my first bar, plumped for a peanut one in the end. Very nice, will be on my list for next week! I don't think my teeth knew what to do to start with, looking forward to Lemon Wednesday!

ha ha lucy, they are quite nice arent they :)

OMG Lind that's fantastic! Bet you can't wait! I've got ages to go yet :(

That's fab Lind!!
I never thought i'd say 'i love being just overweight', but after being 'obese' for so long it feels great! Can't even begin to describe how i'll feel when i'm a 'healthy' weight!!
xx

I think when I am in the normal weight range I will probably go a bit mental. ha ha. Looking forward to so much, I can taste it (pardon the pun! lol) .

I would have to concur with that sentiment that I am happy to be overweight. Sounds mental without the condition of ..."and not obese". but yeah people can not understand that.

Also people find it strange when I say how much I weigh or my belt size now with pride. Even though to a normal that is a disgusting and unhelathy levels to them.

Well Flex you should be proud :D

My mate is in a similar position after losing 6 stones - people at work keeping saying that he's "half the man he was" and "should stop now before he gets to thin" but to the average man on the street he is still overweight!

He's decided he'll keep going until he feels comfortable and I can see his point - for all I know my comfortable point may well be in the overweight category (I want to keep my curves!) so even though I won't be 'healthy' by BMI standards it will still be a damn sight better than where I started out at!!

i totally agree at mu heaviest i was morbidly obese. i remember jumping of the scales with sheer joy at the fact i was now obese! then texting everyone when i was overweight! its the small things like that, that only people who struggle with their weight will understand xx

Back