Things to do with Porridge

ROSB

Hi

Anyone know of any recipes that can be made with CD Porridge?

I have a few packs to get through and the more I eat the more I dislike it.:jelous:

Just wonder if it could be made into biscuits etc like the shakes can be?

Can you bring them back to your councillor, mine took back all my soups.

How can you turn the shakes into biscuits?? Im excited about the idea of being able to do that!!!

I know my councillor would take them back as I exchanged the Maple syrup ones for Apple one's last week - trouble is I am not keen on those either!

To make a biscuit mix chocolate shake powder with 2 (and a bit)tablespoons of fizzy water to make a thick paste, cook in a microwave for about 1min 30 sec. It comes out quite hot so allow to cool slightly before eating (the cooler it gets the harder it becomes).

I think you are only allowed one of these per day as I think the cooking does effect the vitamin content.

hmm yum that sound great wull have to try that tommorrow i was wondering what it tasted like with fizzy water.

I get the plain porridge and add a tsp of vanilla shake powder, after microwaving. I think pretty yummy.
Heard other people have added chocolate or toffee and walnut shake powder to flavour.
Just an idea:)

Could you swap them for shakes? I tried making my chocolate one into a bar earlier by mixing into a paste then freezing... was ok. Think my favourite is blending with LOTS of ice and having as an ice cream.

I couldn't really get on with the porridge either - thanks for the ideas, ladies!

I read on here somewhere that you can bake the porridge too (can't find the thread now). You mix it with a tiny bit of water into a paste, make into biscuit shape(s), place on foil then bake in the oven. One person claimed to have made 7 biscuits out of one packet of porridge. Going to give this a go myself next week. If anyone has had any success, pass it on...

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My Consultant gets us to make the porridge with 100ml of COLD water then microwaved its so much tastier, but i do agree ive gone off porridge for a while, its nice when its a cold wintery morning, but when its nice (sort of sunny!) outside its not the same as a cold shake!

I read on here somewhere that you can bake the porridge too (can't find the thread now). You mix it with a tiny bit of water into a paste, make into biscuit shape(s), place on foil then bake in the oven. One person claimed to have made 7 biscuits out of one packet of porridge. Going to give this a go myself next week. If anyone has had any success, pass it on...

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i make mine into cookies too i did this all through my LL journey but my councellor didnt like it but it was the only way i could stomach it lol
so when i started CD i decided to do the same,
i make the porridge into a thick paste using boiling water with 2 sweetners i get 4 bigish biscuits, then i newk it in the microwave for 3 mins i know your not supposed to cook the packs for longer than what is says on the pack because of it apparently affecting the nutrients in it but its never affected me so i stick with these every day :)

Back