Things to do with shakes....

Deezer

Gold Member
The original post was by 'deflating' in june 2010....

Hope they don't mind me putting it here for New Starters!!!!

Chocolate/Vanilla/strawberry Flavours
Muffin
1.Put a little BOILING WATER into a ramekin dish, or whatever you have - thick mug or similar (about 2 desert spoons to begin with - you can add more later if necessary)

2. Add the choc pack (or whatever flavour you desire) and mix it to a THICK PASTE so thick you think it’s too thick!

3. Put into the microwave on high for just over a minute - if it looks a bit soggy in the middle put it back for about 10 seconds or so.....

BE CAREFUL IT DOES'NT BURN!!!!
Ice Cream
Put 11 ice cubes in a liquidiser (a strong one) and crush the ice. Add a food pack (chocolate is a good one!) - add a small amount of water (about 2 tbsp) and liquidise for 5 mins. You end up with a big bowl of "ice cream"

Smoothie
Place 10-16 ice cubes (depending on your preference), a pint of water, and your food pack in a Smoothie Maker and blend for approx. 3 mins. Makes about 2 pints of delicious cold frothy whatever flavour you like.

Bar of Chocolate!
You can make chocolate out of a chocolate pack! Mix pack with a bit of water till you have a thick paste, then spread on some tin foil and put in the freezer for an hour or more. It really tastes quite like chocolate!

Variation : Use half chocolate and half vanilla for a Mars bar!
Chocolate Biscuit
Put sparkling water into a chocolate pack and then add a pinch of salt. Put this on a small plate, round it into a biscuit shape and bake it in the microwave for 2.30 minutes. The result is a crunchy chocolatey biscuit with a “dunking” texture.

Chocolate Fudge
1 packet of chocolate
1/4 cup of hot water
2 or more sweeteners
1tsp of coffee (if you like)

Mix well - it should look like a thick chocolate soup. Microwave it for 2 minutes. It comes out as a thick gooey mess, which tastes like fudge!

Caffe Latte
Mix a hot vanilla shake add a teaspoon of coffee and some sweeteners
“Chocolate Pudding & Chocolate Sauce”
Microwave most of the choc pack like a cookie but keep some aside and mix into a thick paste whilst the muffin is cooking. Take muffin out and smear with thick choc goo and eat, it really does taste nice and cools the muffin down. I suppose this can be done with vanilla 'icing' too.

Chocolate Custard
Dissolve a sweetener in approx 70 mls hot water. Add a chocolate pack. Microwave for approx 40 secs. Makes a lovely hot chocolate custard.

Hot ChocoMint
Make up some strong peppermint tea. Mix a chocolate pack with hot water and a couple of sweeteners (depending on your taste) add the tea. Microwave for approx. 20 secs and stir (better if you whisk with an aerolatte) – Divine!

Soups
Chicken Stuffing
Mix as you would do for a chocolate muffin but use a packet of chicken soup instead. Cook in microwave for 1.40 secs or more or less depending on how dry you like it.

Poppadom’s
Mix a soup pack into a smooth paste, spread on a plate or greaseproof paper and microwave for 1 1/2 - 2 mins.when it starts to bubble open up and let it settle for a sec. keep opening and letting it settle until (the poppadom) starts to turn golden (don't take your eyes off it)!!! - when it is golden brown take it out and let it cool, then peel it off and enjoy
Be careful of overcooking, as this will make them taste slightly bitter.

Crisps
Mix a soup pack, black pepper, salt and Tabasco to paste using sparkling water. Spoon tiny bite size pieces onto some baking parchment/greaseproof paper. Put in the microwave for approx 1 min depending on the power of your microwave – mine is 900 watts and I put them in for 1 min. If you wish you can shake some salt over them when they are finished.

I haven't tried them all but thought they might be usefull!!!!!

brilliant ideas, will give some of them a try :) thanks, some say to add salt so will wait to do this until on refeed when we are aloud it x

Am I the only person who's fairly relieved the food is rank. It puts me off and helps me stick to the diet. Interesting recipes, though - loving the creative-thinking.

God, people must have been desperate to come up with some of these lol I would never have even thought of most of them. Will defo try some of them. Thanks Deezer xx

Lol... i've only tried a couple... Like mixing with the hot drinks.. but i guess is having a bit of a change gets you through then its worth it!!! When you've been on it a few weeks it gets VERY boring lol...

Hi everyone,yes I am back!!Just wanted to chip in and say that for me it is the boredom factor that is such a killer! I am just into week 3 and can now sit with my darling hubbie while he eats so at least I am not prowling the house at mealtimes trying to distract myself! Mind you all the ironing in the house is done- see I am finding the bright side ha ha. Will try some of these recipes, thanks!

Thanks for posting the receipes....I found last time on LT...after a few weeks I just had my shakes and didnt really think about making it interesting but they are great to do when feeling bored.

You dont realise how much time you spend cooking and eating...getting hours back in the day LOL....

Thanks for posting the receipes....I found last time on LT...after a few weeks I just had my shakes and didnt really think about making it interesting but they are great to do when feeling bored.

You dont realise how much time you spend cooking and eating...getting hours back in the day LOL....

Don't you just.... i batch cook loads for my OH now!! Hehe!!! Same things for weeks!!!! Awwww bless him! He's a good egg!!! x

Think this diet may be turning me a bit crazy. Was out to lunch with friends and started 'snorting' their chips. The smell of tasty food sends me spiralling into ecstacy!

I like smelling foods and pretending that my shakes are what I am smelling, I hope this isnt weird.

My sense of smell is acute and It has made me think differently about things I used to like,

Doritos (blue) omg ???? funky funky waste off veggie smell I can even detect them long after the offenders have eaten them (with no trace)

Back