Think Slinky!! CurvyKaren's Diary

I doubt there is any logic with someone like MIL sweetie. They can't seem to help themselves. Its not you but its hard not to think like that. I'm alot older than you and it took me years to see it wasn't me it was them and I manage most of the time now not to let them upset me

It will be very exciting picking out a skinny outfit for that wedding! Can't wait to help :D xxxxx

Evening Karen :)

Dont you be worrying about MIL, my FIL is exactly the same every time we see him hes always saying when is there going to be the pittar patter of tiny feet, we are sick of having to explain to him about my PCOS and that it probably wont happen at all and if it does it wont be for years yet, and then just sits there and goes on and on about his wifes grandchildren very very annoying and very upsetting as well, but we all just have to know that we are doing the best we can and every unsupportive person can go and take a run and jump!!!!!!

Ooh a wedding in March, we also have a wedding in march and im really hoping to be at my interim target by then on 11 st 8 ooh 11 8 I cannot wait :D:D:D:D

Stay positive Karen and THINK SLINKY!!

JackieN said:
I doubt there is any logic with someone like MIL sweetie. They can't seem to help themselves. Its not you but its hard not to think like that. I'm alot older than you and it took me years to see it wasn't me it was them and I manage most of the time now not to let them upset me

It will be very exciting picking out a skinny outfit for that wedding! Can't wait to help :D xxxxx

Im slowly mellowing as I get older(!)

It's going to be so much fun! I shall do this diary right through the winter and beyond :) I send most of my posts from my phone and upload a photo to make it more interesting.

:) x

shenzi said:
Evening Karen :)

Dont you be worrying about MIL, my FIL is exactly the same every time we see him hes always saying when is there going to be the pittar patter of tiny feet, we are sick of having to explain to him about my PCOS and that it probably wont happen at all and if it does it wont be for years yet, and then just sits there and goes on and on about his wifes grandchildren very very annoying and very upsetting as well, but we all just have to know that we are doing the best we can and every unsupportive person can go and take a run and jump!!!!!!

Ooh a wedding in March, we also have a wedding in march and im really hoping to be at my interim target by then on 11 st 8 ooh 11 8 I cannot wait :D:D:D:D

Stay positive Karen and THINK SLINKY!!

I swear if my MIL had the right "equipment" to get me pregnant she would! She's a total nutbag at the moment.

It must be so upsetting for you when your FIL starts. :( people just don't realise what it's like.

As u say, once the lbs are off it should make things alot easier and realistically I would rather be slimmer so that I don't ache as much carrying the baby and excess weight.

My two targets on my phone for the date of the wedding are 11st 4 (if I lose a stone a month) or 14st 12 (if I lose 2pm every week from now on) I hope to be in the middle of there... Obviously nearer the lower end! A stone every month would be really hard going but I keep that target there so I can aim near it each month x

Aim for the stares and fall on the moon! At least whatever happens you will feel and look amazing for the wedding!

Im going for 1/2 stone a month then hopefully will be there by March :fingerscrossed: xxxxxx

shenzi said:
Aim for the stares and fall on the moon! At least whatever happens you will feel and look amazing for the wedding!

Im going for 1/2 stone a month then hopefully will be there by March :fingerscrossed: xxxxxx

It's so exciting isn't it when you realise that you can really do this! (and not just daydream about it!)

Even if I was 14 stone it wouldn't be that bad because I would look alot different in any outfit I wear!

I do think by staying as close as I can to a stone a month I should be a little bit more in the middle of those two targets.

I love the buzz I get when I think "right, I'm in the 17s now..." and "I'm less than I was on my wedding day"

It all helps to feed my weight-loss "appetite"

Afternoon all!

So I got on the Wii Fit this morning and did my body test like usual.. And looked at the "weight" part...

17st 10lbs :) - 5 and a half pounds off?!

Before you all shout at me for looking - it MADE me do it. Haha. I swear we've had the Wii Fit for 3 years and although it was fun for a while, etc. I never truly enjoyed it until now and I don't care what anyone says - it's helped me lose weight

Its given me a buzz like nothing else but I'm not taking it as "gospel" until I go to WI on Tuesday..

x

Attachments

• image-2910711694.jpg
    image-2910711694.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
i wont shout at you huni as I'm an awful scale hopper much to my detriment and well done you! I should get our wii fit out, problem is I have no idea how to put the wii on or get it on the tv as the kids always do it for me :blush: lol

I plan to do my kettleworks each day this week... I hope I can do it.

Hope you are having a good day, I thought of you when I went to waitrose for veggies and fruit today as I had a healthy trolley xxxxx

JackieN said:
i wont shout at you huni as I'm an awful scale hopper much to my detriment and well done you! I should get our wii fit out, problem is I have no idea how to put the wii on or get it on the tv as the kids always do it for me :blush: lol

I plan to do my kettleworks each day this week... I hope I can do it.

Hope you are having a good day, I thought of you when I went to waitrose for veggies and fruit today as I had a healthy trolley xxxxx

Hahaha - you giggled that us northerners don't have Waitrose to buy your funny fruit too!

I was like that about setting up the wii. Whenever I set something up that I'm not sure about it's always a disaster and doesn't work and then I get annoyed but I had hubby show me what to do, the balance board is generally out or under the sofa so it's there waiting along with the remote. Honestly its TOTALLY contributed to whatever I've lost this week.

I generally do a go of the hula hoop game, one of the two aerobics work outs and then do a jog or two (sometimes brisk walking in the middle and then jog again coming to the finish line)

I said to hubby that it's a shame we haven't used it more over the years we've had it but I'm making up for it now.

For me, my back aches (obviously due to the weight) so I like knowing that I don't need to hold back - I can jog or do whatever knowing if I push myself and it starts hurting I can sit down no problem (as opposites to going on a long walk and being stuck)

x

Random update...

So I've just had a double banana - because that's how I roll :) haha

I used to have double of whatever I was having. Didn't matter what it was but it would always be a double... Double pack of wotsits... Double biscuits... Double whatever. I suppose thats how I doubled in size. It's tragic but slightly funny putting it like that.

Anyway - in total I've done 40 mins on the Wii Fit today. I swear I love that thing! We will probably have our version of "Spaghetti Bolognese" later. Only without the spaghetti because I hate the red around your lips!

I'm still buzzing from the Wii Fit weigh in before - it's those little milestones that when I get to them I literally feel all warm inside with happiness.

Anyway - speak later

x

Random update...

So I've just had a double banana - because that's how I roll :) haha

I used to have double of whatever I was having. Didn't matter what it was but it would always be a double... Double pack of wotsits... Double biscuits... Double whatever. I suppose thats how I doubled in size. It's tragic but slightly funny putting it like that.

Anyway - in total I've done 40 mins on the Wii Fit today. I swear I love that thing! We will probably have our version of "Spaghetti Bolognese" later. Only without the spaghetti because I hate the red around your lips!

I'm still buzzing from the Wii Fit weigh in before - it's those little milestones that when I get to them I literally feel all warm inside with happiness.

Anyway - speak later

x

:bananalove:

Ok... I'm going to bed and after my glorious day of being over the moon at what the Wii Fit said... Im now wondering if I really am 17st 10 and I know I'm going to be a little disappointed if I'm not.

Trying to look at it positively...

* I've had a good week and at the start of the week I told myself as long i got into the "17s" I'll be happy.
* If I'm not 17st 10 then I can't be that far off and at least I've lost.
* I will be 17st 10 at some point or beyond soon!

:)

X

just in from work & have been catching up with your diary karen, congratulations on unofficially getting to the 17s (it totally counts lol)

from the very start when you mentioned call centre work, your goals etc i thought, jeeez this is me and every so often i'm reconvinced, from the fear of fitting through a space between tables in a restaurant/bar to the 'look at my oh so healllthy trolley' feeling! haha it's crazy that i have these thoughts, fears, and especially dreams and never really imagined that others felt the same or had the same thought processes.

i keep meaning to start my own diary but this week has been hectic and i still haven't got round to it, my first two weeks were great, 8lbs off but 3rd week, i had a wedding and lost count after the 5th glass of wine which led to no desire to cook the evening after so we ordered chinese, followed by a trip home to see mama & papa - two days worth of delicious home cooking, and a trip to the cinema with my brother & sister...now i tried to be good and only have the free stuff, but some things I couldn't resist....basically all this has led to me being absolutely TERRIFIED(!) of WI tomorrow night!!

but at least the fear will get me back on track, ive had a few 'have you lost weight?' and 'you look well' the past few days and it definetly gives you the warm fuzzy feeling that makes you want to keep going!

as you say we CAN do this & we bloody well WILL do this!

Claire X

WhatLiesWithin... said:
just in from work & have been catching up with your diary karen, congratulations on unofficially getting to the 17s (it totally counts lol)

from the very start when you mentioned call centre work, your goals etc i thought, jeeez this is me and every so often i'm reconvinced, from the fear of fitting through a space between tables in a restaurant/bar to the 'look at my oh so healllthy trolley' feeling! haha it's crazy that i have these thoughts, fears, and especially dreams and never really imagined that others felt the same or had the same thought processes.

i keep meaning to start my own diary but this week has been hectic and i still haven't got round to it, my first two weeks were great, 8lbs off but 3rd week, i had a wedding and lost count after the 5th glass of wine which led to no desire to cook the evening after so we ordered chinese, followed by a trip home to see mama & papa - two days worth of delicious home cooking, and a trip to the cinema with my brother & sister...now i tried to be good and only have the free stuff, but some things I couldn't resist....basically all this has led to me being absolutely TERRIFIED(!) of WI tomorrow night!!

but at least the fear will get me back on track, ive had a few 'have you lost weight?' and 'you look well' the past few days and it definetly gives you the warm fuzzy feeling that makes you want to keep going!

as you say we CAN do this & we bloody well WILL do this!

Claire X

Definitely Claire - we can totally do this! That's why I wanted to share all of my thoughts in my diary - because I felt sure I wasn't the only person feeling like I do (I'm crazy but not that bad!)

I'm trying to stay positive for tomorrow, I know I've lost but it can't be the five and a half pounds that the Wii Fit thinks of lost... Or can it?! Although really any loss is a good one and relevant - obviously I want the most off each week I can so this journey isn't any longer than it has to be!

I'll update later... I've just got home from work and I'm literally covered in glitter

x

JackieN said:
now trying to work out where the lovely Karen works to get covered in glitter :8855:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm a nail technician and soon to be a beauty therapist too :) (I start my course for that next Monday)

I have my own miniature business - busy working hard to build a client base up and shall be even busier when I start college two nights a week

broadsbean said:
hi karen i just thought i would say hello, just finished reading your diary which has made me giggle on several occassions:8855: thank you for a good read.

i love reading others diaries, it spurs me on good luck for weigh in tomorrow i hope you get that 17,10
xxx

Hello! Thank you reading and taking the time to comment :)

I try and jazz my diary up a little. Weight loss is a big issue (no pun intended!) but I don't see why we can't have a giggle as well. My way of thinking is if you're all busy reading this then your further away from munching in the cupboards and fridge and the same for me writing it!

I'm thinking I won't be 17st 10 because I tell the Wii Fit I have "light clothes" so it deducts 2lb... SOOO... I'm thinking I'm 17st 12... But hey I'm totally guessing now and driving myself a bit mad - I'll know in 10 hours!

Do come back and read my waffle! :) Hahaha

x

Good luck for today Karen hope you see those magic 17s x x x

Back