Think Slinky!! CurvyKaren's Diary

JackieN said:
you are very right. I got stressed with work and had no chance to plan my food, its lethal :(

I love that 'fudge monster' I shall remember that :)

Karen its lovely to see happy Karen back :D shes amazing :D

whoop whoop for work thats a really good day sweetie, they will tell others, etc etc, and you will soon be busy :D keep smiling :D

I take it you are having a red day? if having spag bol with out the spag?

I make bns chips or celeriac chips or a mix to have with things like this. I just have to have something. Apparently spaghetti squash is fab to use as spaghetti but I cannot find one round here

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I only do extra easy. I did green and red days on my previous two attempts at SW and I just couldn't be bothered with certain stuff being fine one and day and not fine the next!

I've never tried butternut squash.. It always looks a little too complicated for my cooking skills!

What sort of work do you do Jackie? I never wanted a serious job... I've been a travel agent for a year (trainee) receptionist and the call centre I worked at was the Argos one. Since I don't work there now I can share with you my funny moments...

"if I have this airbed delivered will it come fully inflated?"

Not even joking you. It definitely made me see a whole scope of people!

I remember a woman going nuts at me down the phone as she hadn't have her delivery and took a day off work to wait in (I worked on the "smaller items" deliveries so everything we delivered you could buy in the shop) and always wondered why you took a day off work to wait 7am - 6pm for a delivery... Anyway there she is ranting at me "I've took a day off... Blah blah blah.... I work you know! Do you work?"

I was like "errrr..."

Anyway - I've gone off on a tangent again so the point is - smile like you've just passed wind. Just kidding - I'm totally inappropriate but I like saying things people don't expect me to!

I've tired myself out now.

x

bexyboo said:
Glad to see your back to your normal ways Karen :) Keep this positive thinking and you will have that Bootiful loss this week! :D xx

Thank you! I've been "pumping iron" on the Wii Fit. I try to do between 45 mins to an hour each day. The first ten minutes I'm wishing i hadn't bothered but once I've done a little bit I'm buzzing for more. I swear it's helped my energy levels SO much. It's crazy.

I'm still keeping my syns low. My friend actually said the other week "you should use them up" blah blah blah but the point of them is so you don't fall off the wagon by denying yourself stuff.

I won't fall off the wagon because just knowing I can have but don't is all I need to keep me going. I did do her little theory the week before last for one week and lost 1.5lb made the swift decision to get back onto my low syns version as I can do that just fine.

Anyway - ramble complete for the time being!

x :D

I think I do use my syns up most day - prob why my losses arn't big! Haha. Though only had 4 today :) Which is much better going. It does all depend for each person, some need to use all their syns every day. But if your happy not to then that fine - you have them there if you need them.

Your good for doing soo much on your WiiFit - I get bored after 10minutes, hehe :)

xx

bexyboo said:
I think I do use my syns up most day - prob why my losses arn't big! Haha. Though only had 4 today :) Which is much better going. It does all depend for each person, some need to use all their syns every day. But if your happy not to then that fine - you have them there if you need them.

Your good for doing soo much on your WiiFit - I get bored after 10minutes, hehe :)

xx

The buzz I get stops me getting bored! I also do a variation of things to keep it fun but mainly I get a buzz knowing I could be speeding up my weight loss.

Since I have so much to lose I always said I dont want to make it any longer than it has to be and also, learning from my last time on SW I like to just cover myself if I've mis-counted (like the tikka chicken fiasco so thank god I did!)

Anyway - just thought I'd include a photo of my dinner since I think it looked pretty good :)

x

Attachments

• image-251567561.jpg
    image-251567561.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 34
Hey Karen,

Just wanted to say that your diary is such an inspiration! After a disappointing 2nd week with 1/2lb gain, it's a breath of fresh air reading your page.

You are doing brill, and I hope I take away some of your motivation to help me through my journey.... Week 3's scales arnt gonna know what's hit em ;)

-x-

bexyboo said:
Oh that's good! I try to mix it up but still get bored... Hehe! I want the kinect for xbox and they game they show in the supermarkey check out! Hehe! You are soo positive with it, and you will get to target especially with all these lovely ladie around too! :) we'll all support you!

Dinner looks delish - I had a mugshot :(

X

I'm on the fence with the mugshots. I like that alot of them are free but I don't like the noodles in the noodle ones. I discovered the roast chicken ones today and they're totally my new flavour! I used to love Batchelors Chicken Cup-a-soups in the cold months but these shall be my substitute!

Nom nom nom slurp - haha :D x

emilybananna said:
Hey Karen,

Just wanted to say that your diary is such an inspiration! After a disappointing 2nd week with 1/2lb gain, it's a breath of fresh air reading your page.

You are doing brill, and I hope I take away some of your motivation to help me through my journey.... Week 3's scales arnt gonna know what's hit em ;)

-x-

Thank you :D come by here regularly for a big whiff of positiveness - breathe it in and then carry on with your day!

BREEEEEEEEEATHE :D haha

That's definitely the spirit too! You CAN do this - focus on your goals. Keep focused on the weight bracket below and go for it! You could totally lose that extra half a pound as well! :D

I keep imagining myself by christmas - I should be half way through by then... And then by my birthday (March) I should be a month or two away from finishing my weight loss and be in PERMANENT maintenance :D

Think slinky!

x

Morning all (just about - it will be afternoon when I finish this post!)

We've had some bad news this morning. Robs grandad has been diagnosed with prostate cancer and it's quite progressed so it's incurable. They're just going to try to prolong his life.

My grandad was diagnosed with it in May 2004 and died in December 2004 :(

We're trying to stay positive, I haven't seen Rob yet - he texted me from work just after his mum rang him.

Anyway - I'm in work at the moment - I don't have anyone booked today so I'm organising my little room.

I'll show you my room actually... Here it is

x

Attachments

• image-4294861922.jpg
    image-4294861922.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 28
Awhhh!

Hugs for you and Rob:grouphugg:

The room looks lovely:)

Pity I couldn't pop by and have a manicure before I go out tonight;)

I only do extra easy. I did green and red days on my previous two attempts at SW and I just couldn't be bothered with certain stuff being fine one and day and not fine the next!

i get confused sometimes on red and green days but EE on its own is harder for some reason.. i seem to overeat

I've never tried butternut squash.. It always looks a little too complicated for my cooking skills!

its very very simple treat it like an odd shaped potato (just remove any seeds)

What sort of work do you do Jackie? I never wanted a serious job... I've been a travel agent for a year (trainee) receptionist and the call centre I worked at was the Argos one. Since I don't work there now I can share with you my funny moments...

I clear copyright for textbooks and academic readers... ie they write new books and its my job to find the copyright holder for anything they don't own and get permission to use it in the new book, agree a license etc etc

"if I have this airbed delivered will it come fully inflated?"

Not even joking you. It definitely made me see a whole scope of people!

I remember a woman going nuts at me down the phone as she hadn't have her delivery and took a day off work to wait in (I worked on the "smaller items" deliveries so everything we delivered you could buy in the shop) and always wondered why you took a day off work to wait 7am - 6pm for a delivery... Anyway there she is ranting at me "I've took a day off... Blah blah blah.... I work you know! Do you work?"
love it :8855:
I was like "errrr..."

Anyway - I've gone off on a tangent again so the point is - smile like you've just passed wind. Just kidding - I'm totally inappropriate but I like saying things people don't expect me to!

I've tired myself out now.

x

Morning all (just about - it will be afternoon when I finish this post!)

We've had some bad news this morning. Robs grandad has been diagnosed with prostate cancer and it's quite progressed so it's incurable. They're just going to try to prolong his life.
:bighug: xxxxxxxxxx

My grandad was diagnosed with it in May 2004 and died in December 2004 :(

:bighug: I miss my Grandad but at least hes up there to keep my Dad in check now :)

We're trying to stay positive, I haven't seen Rob yet - he texted me from work just after his mum rang him.

Anyway - I'm in work at the moment - I don't have anyone booked today so I'm organising my little room.

I'll show you my room actually... Here it is

x

wow what a lovely room. Is this at home? Its fab and very very professional. I would show you my room but like the rest of my house its a tip :8855: I will show you when I tidy it next... hmmmm you may have to wait a while :8855: xxxxx

JackieN said:
wow what a lovely room. Is this at home? Its fab and very very professional. I would show you my room but like the rest of my house its a tip :8855: I will show you when I tidy it next... hmmmm you may have to wait a while :8855: xxxxx

No - it's above a hairdressers :) it's my little hideaway where I can sit and do nails :)

x

Food bit...

What I had for dinner was probably a bit random for you so I won't disclose but the only syns in it was the curry powder so it was a nice tea.

I had a big pot of jelly too - I love that flavour - it reminds me of cider lollies from the ice cream van! 0.5 syns! :D

x

Attachments

• image-224288340.jpg
    image-224288340.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 29
karen, so sorry to hear about your husbands grandad, its horrible news :sigh:

there are so many treatments out there these days so hopefully they can buy you time and make sure he is comfortable.

your random tea has be facinated ie what could you be hiding in it :8855:
you should have posted a picture so we could play guess the ingredient:D

used to love apple cider icelollies, not thought about them in years,
I want one now !!!!!!!!!!!

broadsbean said:
karen, so sorry to hear about your husbands grandad, its horrible news :sigh:

there are so many treatments out there these days so hopefully they can buy you time and make sure he is comfortable.

your random tea has be facinated ie what could you be hiding in it :8855:
you should have posted a picture so we could play guess the ingredient:D

used to love apple cider icelollies, not thought about them in years,
I want one now !!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you. It's a sad time for his family and I can see the upset in Robs eyes.

That flavour jelly you can only buy in morrisons, Tesco and asda don't sell apple & pear. At half a syn for a big pot you need to go and stock up!

I'll post a photo and I think you'll know straight away but it's something my dad used to make when we were kids...

x

Attachments

• image-958293599.jpg
    image-958293599.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 35
broadsbean said:
ok my guess would be a form of scouse, my nana used to make it. i recognise mushrooms and prob beef, but the guess is based on you being a scouser and your dad making it

Haha - I see where you're going but no your completely wrong. It was good but it's not right (in an Irish accent!)

It was... (drum roll)

Slimming world Chips with cut up beef burgers and sausages in a maykway curry sauce with raw onions! The sausages and burgers are syn free (Joe's)

It seriously is amazing. I can see where it looks like a mushroom and it was obviously just an odd looking piece of sausage!

:D x

Back