Think Slinky!! CurvyKaren's Diary

JackieN said:
Karen sweetie take it from a serial scalehopper our weight can fluctuate by several pounds a day so dont take that as your weight on Tuesday and please don't let it put you off. :D YOu have been good and I'm sure all will be fine xxxxxxxx

I was kind of hoping that it might be a big juicy loss this week so I was hoping by now that I might see a proper change by at least a pound or so.

I think the challenge is to keep focused and not think "fudge it - I'll eat a fudge" you know?

x

ditto jackie's answer, i can gain 7lb during the day it is all water retention, its a bloody pain !!!!

you will be fine on tues cos you are working so hard xx

oh I sure do know sweetie I sure do know..... happened to me last week and its what threw me off track if I'[m honest. I got on the scales last friday morning and it said a 4lb gain.... i'd been :angel: it really upset me so I had a mcdonalds :rolleyes: it was synned though, but then I put on a 1lb and weigh in this monday and it went downhill from there.

It can also show a higher loss now than it does on WI day so to be honest I'd ignore the figures sweetie, just take note of the WI day one :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

broadsbean said:
ditto jackie's answer, i can gain 7lb during the day it is all water retention, its a bloody pain !!!!

you will be fine on tues cos you are working so hard xx

I just figured because I was always doing it at the same time and my official weigh in is also 9.30, that I couldn't trust it.

Although I SHOULD lose because there's no reason why not... I still think there's a possibility that my chubb doesn't wanna go and stay for another week!

x

JackieN said:
oh I sure do know sweetie I sure do know..... happened to me last week and its what threw me off track if I'[m honest. I got on the scales last friday morning and it said a 4lb gain.... i'd been :angel: it really upset me so I had a mcdonalds :rolleyes: it was synned though, but then I put on a 1lb and weigh in this monday and it went downhill from there.

It can also show a higher loss now than it does on WI day so to be honest I'd ignore the figures sweetie, just take note of the WI day one :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Awww :( is that what happened? I could have had something good but bad but then I thought to myself that i definitely wouldn't lose if I did so I stopped.

It's so easy to do though isn't it because you want that good but bad stuff so the first sign of an excuse... And it's nom nom nom.

I will not nom nom nom now - I want a fudgin' weight loss this week! :D

x

I'm just about to go to bed but im just comparing a particularly terrible photo of me at my biggest to a photo I took today with my phone.

I'm trying to get off the thoughts of "I haven't lost this week" and show my achievements so I'll share these photos.

The first one was taken in March this year and I was probably a pound or two more than 19st 4 and as I say the second was taken today.

Hopefully there's a difference in my face shape! I think there is but hoping it wasn't just wishful thinking! Haha

Night night all

x

Attachments

• image-3179561694.jpg
    image-3179561694.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 36
  • image-3677577373.jpg
    image-3677577373.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 32
hiya karen - fab diary thanking for pointing me in this direction :D keep up the good work (both with the diary and ur losses)
ur face pics are fab ur really pretty - i can deffo see a big difference - and im loooooooooooooovin the eyelashes ;) .......... ShinyShimmy xxx

Hi
Definitely better, you look younger and double chin has gone.
Have you thought about non scale victories that you have noticed this week:
-Something perviously tight that is getting baggy
- ring looser
- necklace that hangs a bit better!
- a bra strap that didn't leave mark

I bet there there is a least one NSV that you can think of

Do you measure yourself, sometimes you can see a tape measure loss but a STS
Have a good day
Bron

Hey there, just found your diary and thought I'd say hello :)

My thoughts on your photo...
I think your face shape is round but the difference is, you have a double chin in first and the second you have none :) this is what I noticed first with myself too :)

I sts last week also and I only ate a tiny bit over on Saturday so was quite disapppinted especially when my scales said 2lb loss in morning and 1/2lb loss in afternoon lol. I've been 100% this week apart from
Wednesday as I went over by 1 syn miss synning some marshmellows.

I'm Renate btw. Xxxx

Hey Renate !! Thanks for coming to take a peek at my diary !!

There's nothing worse than miscounting syns because when you were eating it you didn't appreciate that it was over what you should be, etc

x

hiya karen - fab diary thanking for pointing me in this direction :D keep up the good work (both with the diary and ur losses)
ur face pics are fab ur really pretty - i can deffo see a big difference - and im loooooooooooooovin the eyelashes ;) .......... ShinyShimmy xxx

Thanks ShinyShimmy !! They dont call you shiny shimmy for nothing eh?! look at all those awards !!

I wear those eyelashes everyday - I get about two weeks each from a set. Theyre in Boots & Superdrug by the Girls Aloud ones (made by the same brand) Theyre Eylure Naturalites in 116 :)

x

you definitly look younger in the second picture

Oh dear... when I went to college to sign for this years course the woman said I'd need to get my parents consent... she thought I was under 19 !! I'm gonna look like a toddler soon !! :p

x

Hi
Definitely better, you look younger and double chin has gone.
Have you thought about non scale victories that you have noticed this week:
-Something perviously tight that is getting baggy
- ring looser
- necklace that hangs a bit better!
- a bra strap that didn't leave mark

I bet there there is a least one NSV that you can think of

Do you measure yourself, sometimes you can see a tape measure loss but a STS
Have a good day
Bron

Thank you :) I didn't measure myself but I just figured I could really convince myself different things if I measured slightly further up my leg, etc.

My necklaces are all longline ones so I wont know with them and my clothes are all stretchy like leggings etc. I have noticed that the tunic I wear for work is a little bit looser around the stomach and I'm going to dig out an old wear of jeans that I loved to keep checking that way :)

x

Most definately a difference sweetie. You've lost years and chins :D You look like a different girl, and spot the twinkle in the eye on the second one. A genuinely happy face :D xxxxx

Thanks Jackie :)

I wasn't really smiling properly in this photo too - I was just taking photos and sending them to Rob when he was in work !! The one before this was a funny photo but I didn't want to frighten you all (!) :8855:

Hope you're good this morning

x

Hello sweetie, you frighten us :eek: impossible.

You bear an uncanny resemblence to my youngest sons girlfriend. At a glance especially in your avatar you look so alike, you remind me of her as I always describe her as pretty, bubbly, lovely personality :D just like you :)

I am fine today sweetie. I completed a 100% day yesterday which is a huge achievement this week :D xxxxx

JackieN said:
Hello sweetie, you frighten us :eek: impossible.

You bear an uncanny resemblence to my youngest sons girlfriend. At a glance especially in your avatar you look so alike, you remind me of her as I always describe her as pretty, bubbly, lovely personality :D just like you :)

I am fine today sweetie. I completed a 100% day yesterday which is a huge achievement this week :D xxxxx

Congratulations on your 100% day! Let's make that two now!

I swear to you that I ALWAYS have people telling me I look like someone they know! Everytime I meet someone new it happens.

My friends daughter is my age and she looks like me... Her name is Gemma and that was originally my name until my mum changed it last minute to Karen.

I must just have one of those faces!

x

Morning slinkies and slinkies-to-be!

Hope you're all planning for an amazing Sunday!

I've been on the Wii WI this morning... It says I'm 17st 12 again so I've lost a pound. I want to make it another pound by Tuesday for my stone and a half award!

Its a day off today so I'll spend all day wishing myself slinky. This seems to take up most Sundays now. I do small bouts of it through the week but hubby works Sundays so I'll do a full day of wishing myself slinky and hopping on and off the Wii Fit doing little exercises.

Surely my utter determination will mean that I'll make some sort of dent this week in my weight loss? Come onnnnnnnnn! (fist punches in the air!)

x

Morning Slinky,

You look so different in those photos!

I am another serial scale hopper, and have a strange sense of security in it, even though I know it is supposedly bad for you.

Hope you don't mind me saying, but in class a couple of months ago, some members were eating the mug shot type things that are free as an inbetween meal snack, but the C advised them, that if they were following Extra Easy they really should also be eating a 1/3rd superfree with every mugshot.

ginlin said:
Morning Slinky,

You look so different in those photos!

I am another serial scale hopper, and have a strange sense of security in it, even though I know it is supposedly bad for you.

Hope you don't mind me saying, but in class a couple of months ago, some members were eating the mug shot type things that are free as an inbetween meal snack, but the C advised them, that if they were following Extra Easy they really should also be eating a 1/3rd superfree with every mugshot.

Morning!

Thank you! It seems to of come away from my face and neck first.

I've seen alot about eating a 1/3 superspeed and I do as much as I can manage but I've not officially been told that, I was just trying to speed things up as much as I can!

x

Stop scale hopping!! :whoopass:

Just kidding!! I understand how you feel, once the weight starts to drop away I get a buzz, I'm already feeling better - I can already notice the difference playing the drums, I can move about quicker and not quite such a sweaty mess afterwards. Keep up the good work - your heading the right way and have faith!

i would definetly say you look younger in the second photo:D
i have one of those faces , that says talk to me especially if you are mad !!!!!!
always end up talking to somebody at the bus stop usually the little old lady who wants to moan about the weather:confused:

enjoy your slinky day, i am useing the treadmill just doing a few mins every hour, i am soooooooooooooooooooo
unfit, but will be jogging on it in no time :eek::D:eek:

vickidyers said:
Stop scale hopping!! :whoopass:

Just kidding!! I understand how you feel, once the weight starts to drop away I get a buzz, I'm already feeling better - I can already notice the difference playing the drums, I can move about quicker and not quite such a sweaty mess afterwards. Keep up the good work - your heading the right way and have faith!

I love the difference it's made so far! Honestly I can walk so much longer without that pain in my back and I get up quicker from chairs etc.

It's amazing. I'd just like a couple of weeks of losing 3 or 4 pounds. It would be nice

x

Back