Think Slinky!! CurvyKaren's Diary

broadsbean said:
oh, i know where evenwood farm is, never been but have often said we should. its in the same chain as the one by costco in haydock isn't it.
The rivelry at work started when they amalgamated the 2 hospitals its all very light hearted.

love it when the girls from liverpool refer to going to the city center as going to town.

Yes - I would say "going into town" haha. Widnes is just something else... I'm useful everything being open 24 hour... Chippies open till midnight... Widnes chippies shut at 10 o clock OR EARLIER!

Evenwood is amazing although there isn't much point me recommending it to you now but as a treat and if you did go, you'd just food optimise eh?

I didn't know it was a chain, I don't know haddock really. They're carrot cake is to die for. Amazing.

Sorry if I'm making anyone hungry - I'm having a late tea and its taking way too long!

x

Just to let you know you can multiquote on the iPhone app. Just click the bar by the persons name, put a tick in the box, do that for all posts wanted, then click on the reply arrow in the top right hand corner and it will give you the option to multi quote respond. Hope I've explained that right !

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

gl12282 said:
Just to let you know you can multiquote on the iPhone app. Just click the bar by the persons name, put a tick in the box, do that for all posts wanted, then click on the reply arrow in the top right hand corner and it will give you the option to multi quote respond. Hope I've explained that right !

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks for that. I've tried it and i must be doing something wrong as it's not doing it. I can see the tick... Weird.

I just assumed you couldn't do it!

x

Beautifulmess said:
Morning hunni.

I've decided to take a leaf out of your book and treat myself after a goal (e.g 2st or perhaps a date). Instead of every WI evening.

Instead of weight atm i'm going to be 100% until our next weekend away which is the 11th of November. Where we're going to York and we'll be going to a famous little cafe... Just won't be going crazy like I used to.

Then i'll do the weight goal like you do :) i'm thinking of doing a sw christmas though, will be super hard for me as christmas is about food for me. Xxx

There's nothing to stop you treating yourself on WI evening but it's just if you get half way through your week and want a treat when you feel stressed, etc - what do you do?!

Me personally I just wanna get "there" so my treat is using all 10 syns on WI day. I know that sounds pathetic but by doing that I keep the other days low.

At the end of the day it's whatever works for you :) I work well with limits that ate fairly low and my determination means I'll stick to it.

I still don't know your name... I feel a bit rude chatty away without be able to refer to you

x

I thought I'd share with you all my fridge... (not literally - paws off!) haha

I'll write a big post later once my phone is charged.

The column on the left is mine and right is Robs. He got SOTM so he's got one more. Grrr(!)

x

Attachments

• image-1326544545.jpg
    image-1326544545.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 23
Beautifulmess said:
Renate, my name is Renate :)

No, whatever i'm doing right now isn't working. So i've got to try and change something lol and last Monday I had 80syns... Nearly my total weeks allowence. Hmm I failed today, went to my moms, got to 13.5syns and then was offered crunchie and my favourite crisps lol. Ah well the week goes on. Eventually i'll get there.

What have you done today??

Oh nooooooooooooo! That's not good.

You know what I KNEW one of you was Renate but forgot who. Maybe it was the one stone 8.5lbs that I've lost that knew it was you...!

I'm doing fine. Nothing unusual really for me. I've had 5.5 syns so far and that will probably be it to be honest. I've had a creamy cheese mug shot 2.5 syns and a Asda bubbly bite 3 syns.

What did you "spend" your 80 syns on? I don't know what it is with me but I just automatically know it will delay my weight loss so I never go over 10. I can't justify it.

The key is to stay on plan - focused and aim for your goals :)

x

JackieN said:
fridge looks good Karen :D thats the downside of going it alone.... no stickers :(

I am back on plan today :D so far so good :D xxxxx

Awww I didn't know you were going it alone Jackie! :(

Have you been to a group or is there a reason you don't go to one?

This time I felt so determined that I just needed the set weigh ins but I know if I struggle then I have all of those people on that room along with the consultant.

Obviously we're all here for you

x

to be honest I am so lucky to have such a fab group of friends on here I don't feel I need a group. They are like my group :D Each time I have a bad day they pick me up again, I feel I need to account to people etc. I've had a couple of bad weeks and they've stopped me from putting all the weight back on... :)

I went to group years ago and found it very clicky. I know it might not be now but it really put me off, but I love minimins and all of you :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

JackieN said:
to be honest I am so lucky to have such a fab group of friends on here I don't feel I need a group. They are like my group :D Each time I have a bad day they pick me up again, I feel I need to account to people etc. I've had a couple of bad weeks and they've stopped me from putting all the weight back on... :)

I went to group years ago and found it very clicky. I know it might not be now but it really put me off, but I love minimins and all of you :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Awww well that's great as long as you're not missing out on help :D

Our group is really nice. From the second week I had people coming up to me to see how I'm doing, etc and we didn't know anyone before that!

It's nice for me because every week I have lost and I will continue to do so with no gains until maybe close to my target so when she calls out my name and says how much weight I've lost "one stone 8.5lbs in 7 WEEKS!" everyone gasps! Haha

:D x

Beautifulmess said:
Haha your right, there is no sense which is why I think perhaps you want the weight loss more than I do. But at the same time I don't want to be 15/14st anymore... So somewhere I do want to be thinner..

Fish and chips, cheesecake... Amazing isn't it, how it adds up.

Xxxxx

Omg is that all you had? Shocking! I suppose it was the cheesecake that was a killer.

I think from what you've said you're a little unsure of losing weight (being happy with yourself but as I said the other day, also not being happy with yourself too)

I can't imagine how you must feel because rightly or wrongly I want to be that slim girl that all the boys fancy (although I am married but what difference does that make?!) it's nice to be thought of as attractive etc :D

x

Beautifulmess said:
I know what you mean, that was how I felt with weight watchers. I like my group but I feel pressure to lose and am struggling as I revolve around mondays and I hate it. Xxx

Maybe rather than dreading Monday's you might want to turn them positive in your mind.

I don't know what your general weight loss is over the weeks but if you sometimes STS or gain then you will feel negatively about it but if you stay on plan and look forward to it like I do then you will WANT it to come around like I do with my Tuesday's! I can't wait! :D

x

Beautifulmess said:
I lose 1-3lb. I was 100% last week, exercise and everything and I lost 1lb. That hit me hard which is why I've psychologically failed this week lol.

I don't know, must find the reason somewhere.

Do you do time scales when you want to be a certain weight?? Xx

Awwww I know what you mean and it's hard to bounce back from it but that's the key - making sure you have an amazing week and not slipping further.

I'm not too sure what you mean about "time scales" ? I'm probably having a slow moment!

x

Beautifulmess said:
Like it'll take you 2 months to get to a certain weight?

Ahh yes I do! I have two goals in my phone's calendar. One for if I can lose a stone a month (and what I'll be) and the other one is if I lose 2lbs a week (and what I'll be) so i just aim for the middle.

I suppose its only worth it if you set reachable goals

x

Ahh yes I do! I have two goals in my phone's calendar. One for if I can lose a stone a month (and what I'll be) and the other one is if I lose 2lbs a week (and what I'll be) so i just aim for the middle.

I suppose its only worth it if you set reachable goals

x

You are doing so well and keeping your positive attitude. Keep it up and you shall be the person you always dreamed off and that will feel better than anything can taste.

Beautifulmess said:
100% today. Found it easy... Got lots of motivation from you tbh. I am going to buy 12 week count down on Monday the 10th, what the Christmas recipe book and something to aim for. 7 weeks until weekend in York also :)

Aww thats great :D glad I'm useful for something!

I always buy the countdowns. Because we're paying for me and hubby we did the 6 week one first we'll be doing the 12 week one now.

I'm so happy that you've been 100% today. Build on that... Do it for two days... Then three... You'll soon be looking forward to Monday's because you know you MUST have lost!

x

Beautifulmess said:
Oh btw, how do you pick realistic goals? I'm struggling on making a goal for my 12 week... I'm not sure what is a realistic loss each week, I was thinking 1.5lb a week could be = 18lb?

It's a shame about your friend giving up going to the group. To be honest it can go both ways... A few years ago I did SW for a couple of weeks and I thought the consultant was terrible but honestly I don't know whether it was just that I wasn't ready to commit 100% - it wasn't her fault that I kidded myself how much Mayo was a level tablespoon, etc!

I know some would think I'm nuts (and honestly they're probably right) but the whole cornish pasty thing... I would share it with Rob. A straight half is 15 syns so means you stay 100% - you get the taste of "normal food" and it's not like you HAVE to eat it all - surely they would understand that you're trying to lose weight and not be offended?

We are going to Cyprus for our 3rd wedding anniversary (and 6th year together as we got married 3 years to the day we met!) It is the first holiday we've had on SW and it is planned precisely because I have no intention of ruining my hard work. We are taking a loaf in our cabin case because their bread is always different. Our case will be full of mug shots, Batchelors rice, pasta n sauces, etc. We know the island very well so we're staying in an apartment in a little town that we're renting for the 10 days. We will have a car to go to the supermarket and we are taking loads of half full things like maykway curry, Worcester sauce, etc. I'm going on holiday to enjoy the sun and relax - not to make excuses to eat piles of rubbish like I used to.

I don't know what it's like going on holiday where the food has been cooked by someone else so I can't comment on it too much but I know that every choice within my control would be made as I will not accept a gain unless I'm close to my target.

About setting your goals... This is a totally personal thing. For me I wanted to set my lowest goal as something that was totally achievable for my body... 2lbs a week so 8lbs a month. I thought long and hard about my highest target and although I have lost a stone in a month I knew it wasn't possible every month but i still worked out what I'd be every four weeks in my phone with a stone off each month. For me this helps me focus on 'the prize'

I'm a total rambler eh?! :D x

:sigh: Am soooooooooo jealous. Whilst we remain here in wet n windy england you will be on track in lovely cyprus. Is there room for one more in your suitcase if so please remember that i asked first...:D

zilla said:
:sigh: Am soooooooooo jealous. Whilst we remain here in wet n windy england you will be on track in lovely cyprus. Is there room for one more in your suitcase if so please remember that i asked first...:D

Awww - I'm sorry but my suitcase is going to be full of SW friendly foods and clothes that are slightly slinkier than the last holiday! :)

x

Back