Think Slinky!! CurvyKaren's Diary

Whatever happened to you Karen?? If your still about we would love to hear from you again xx

BOO! Guess who?!?!

Everyone... I'm back! It's hard to be here again but I am.

The long and short of it is I had a year of forgetting about the healthy eating bringing me back up to where I started. It's sad. That's probably why I haven't been here, you just shut the door don't you? I won't focus on this too much.. Ill focus on the positive now.

I feel like I'm ready to do this. I do believe i can lose the three stone again in a shorter space of time than last year. The reason for that is i did have a holiday in that time too where as i wont be this time.

I'm fed up of not being able to move as easily I could a year ago and I'm determined I can drop the three stone again and beyond.

I hope you've all been doing amazing - I see that most still seem to be here. App is downloaded onto my phone so I can regularly update my diary.

Operation weight loss commences from New Year's Day - I'm ridiculously excited about it. I'm going to be back following slimming world - it works so well for me. I've known I was going to do this for a few weeks but knew Christmas was not the right time for me. Prep is being made for my new start.

2013 is the time for slinky Karen.

Hugs to you all... I'm back for good :)

x

Last edited:
I've come back today to do my second post. It's not New Years Day yet but I'm so ready to go. My mind is mentally prepared to enjoy the look and feel of being slimmer. My clothes are ready to not be over stretched too.

I will see you all in a few days. Love and support to you all

:) x

Ahh, lovely to see you back Karen!

I must say, I have also neglected this site for the past year and today's my first day back on, new year, new start and all that! But it's deffo good to see a friendly face, beginning again as i am.

We can do it! :D

Ahh, lovely to see you back Karen!

I must say, I have also neglected this site for the past year and today's my first day back on, new year, new start and all that! But it's deffo good to see a friendly face, beginning again as i am.

We can do it! :D

Hello! We can do it! I proved to myself that I can lose multiple stones in a few months.. I can do it again and beyond. I loved how I felt. I loved that my face was changing... I loved that my old clothes were getting lose...

I know this is the right time. Come visit me as often as you like and let me know how your doing. I'm so excited to transform my body :)

The absolute best of luck to you

x

I'm just in the process of clearing the kitchen. I've cleaned everything up. Moved the appliances around a bit just so the kitchen feels fresh and new again. For some reason doing prep like this gets me focused on using it again.

Need to sort some of the cupboards out at that my dishes etc are clean and easy accessible.

I also need to get the wii out and make sure everything is charged. I put the success of my earlier weight loss down to the wii. It meant if I felt silly wobbling on it I was doing it in my own home. I'd do it for 30 mins minimum each day or until I was too tired and then when I finally sat down I would feel the urge to get back on. Funny that as I never thought I was the sort of person to feel that way.

Anyway - back to sorting out. Bye for now!

x

:wee: :wee: how lovely to see you back again Karen :D you've so been missed :bighug: don't go away again will you?? xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Promise I won't - even when I'm skinny!

I just couldn't bear to come on here seeing everyone continue to do well when I was struggling with urges to go and raid the cupboards all of the time. It was ruining my mind!

How have you been doing jackie? x

Hiya Karen
Totally normal we've all done that. How can we read and support when we feel so low and fed up ourselves ?? Easily done but actually its those times we need the support of our friends more than ever :bighug:

I've had an interesting year actually Karen, I've faced many of my fears head on and I've finally learnt to be normal around food. Its taken me 14 months but I just had my first xmas normal with food ie I eat when hungry stop when full, simple as that :D its been quite life changing for me as I've always consoled myself with food, and treated myself with food. Lately food is simply food. Its taken a long time and I'm still a big girl ( a size 18) but I was a size 26ish. So I am happy with that and 2013 I hope will continue the same

Can't wait to hear how you get on lovely really missed you :bighug: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya Karen
Totally normal we've all done that. How can we read and support when we feel so low and fed up ourselves ?? Easily done but actually its those times we need the support of our friends more than ever :bighug:

I've had an interesting year actually Karen, I've faced many of my fears head on and I've finally learnt to be normal around food. Its taken me 14 months but I just had my first xmas normal with food ie I eat when hungry stop when full, simple as that :D its been quite life changing for me as I've always consoled myself with food, and treated myself with food. Lately food is simply food. Its taken a long time and I'm still a big girl ( a size 18) but I was a size 26ish. So I am happy with that and 2013 I hope will continue the same

Can't wait to hear how you get on lovely really missed you :bighug: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wow that's an amazing feeling! I suppose it's the moment when you stop using food to fill the hole in your heart and use it as fuel only.

It must be amazing to be a size 18 - you're one away from the national average!

I have just made a list for the shopping tomorrow. Last chance to get down to the shops before we start on Tuesday. Hubby put all three stone back on too - he's very tall so you can only see it in his stomach really but we really want to try to conceive this year so it's finally giving me the push we needed.

I believe in my heart this is time - last time I felt this way three stone came off... This time I'm determined not to stop at that

x

New year... New post.

Happy new year to everyone! I wish each and every one of you the best for 2013.

Inspired by the image I've included in this post, I want to write some of my positives of 2012. Mentally it was a brilliant year - physically I gained the weight I lost in 2011 but that's ok - there's nothing that can't be undone.

So positives for 2012:
* husband and I celebrated 4 years married, 7 together.
* I qualified as a beauty therapist to add to my nail tech qualifications.
* I had an amazing custom built summerhouse built in my garden and now work at home.
* Met an amazing friend who is one of the best I will ever find. I know she is and I'm so lucky to have coincidentally found her.
* the business is going from strength to strength as recommendations come through which was what I had hoped for in 2011.
* all family members are still present and I now have a nephew on the way which is exciting.

This is a few of the ones I can think of at this time. Life is good but let's make it the best it could be.

Wii fit is awaiting the first way in. It's the big one. I'm excited - yes I won't be happy with the start number but this is the last time ill see it.

See you in the morning for the weigh in - update my details and get things moving...!

x

Attachments

• image-2986773975.jpg
    image-2986773975.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 38
Good morning lovely Karen. What fab positives to start 2013 with. One of the things I've learnt while podding is how much the positives matter so would be such a good idea to carry them on during 2013? you could find 3 each day? it stops us dwelling on the negatives and reinforces those lovely positives :D

Happy New Year Karen and may it be filled with health happiness and everything you wish for :D xxxxxxxxxx

Good morning lovely Karen. What fab positives to start 2013 with. One of the things I've learnt while podding is how much the positives matter so would be such a good idea to carry them on during 2013? you could find 3 each day? it stops us dwelling on the negatives and reinforces those lovely positives :D

Happy New Year Karen and may it be filled with health happiness and everything you wish for :D xxxxxxxxxx

Yes - I can feel a very positive self coming out again. Weighed myself on the Wii Fit this morning. Embarrassed to say I'm 19 stone 9 - 5lbs more than when I started this diary. To be fair it's what I expected. The good news is as I've said before I know that I can shift 3 stone in a few months so I'm just keen to see those numbers fall away.

Just made some carrot, BNS and onion soup. Delicious :)

x

Just a quick post to tell you what I've had for tea.

Long and short of it is I ended up not having the soup I made as I couldn't find the hand blender attachment (stupid husband) so I saved it and used it as the base for tonight's tea - shepherds pie.

So in total the pie below was made using:

Potatoes
Laughing Cow Light Triangles
Carrots
Butternut Squash
Onions
Mushrooms
Chopped tomatoes
Lean mince meat
Worcestershire sauce

I just added some broccoli to make it colorful. That's filled a hole! We will see how tonight goes and that's the first day over!

x

Attachments

• image-729124299.jpg
    image-729124299.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 32
So I survived the night. I honestly think I'm addicted to food. I put myself on a healthy eating plan and ill crave anything and everything. It's ridiculous. I know it's ridiculous. I can see it but yet I can feel this urge wanting to go and snack.

It shows how my brain works. My husband said last night "fancy a little drive?" And I instantly thought "yes! He can stop at the shop and get me some chocolate" this is what id always done. I then had to remind myself I'm doing slimming world and can't do that anymore. It's how sick my brain is. It worries me.

I wish I could do something to take away the thoughts. I know in my heart I want to be slim. I crave that good feeling that you get that you can move freely, not need to wear long tops to remotely cover that belly that hangs low and finally get the baby I want.

It's funny - someone that doesn't have a weight issue (or never had one) would just think "if you want it so badly why can't you just go and get it" its a fair question that I just don't have the answer to. I believe last time I managed to worm my way out of this mind set and that's how I lost so much weight but just as I got to the three stone lost mark something came and snatched me back to my old ways.

It seems I don't get any visitors to my diary now which is sad - my husband suggested I come here as it seemed to help me last time but that was only with the support that you nice people offer.

I will continue to write this diary. It offers me a voice to speak freely about the problems in my head.

I'm off to have some Joes pork burgers, bacon, egg and spagetti. Speak soon

x

:wavey: I am sure gradually more people will read again Karen. It takes time :) I shall continue to read if thats okay ? :)

This was always my issue with diets. My mind had other ideas so i set out to change all those things in my head and the rest will follow. It can be a slower way of doing things but I don't regret a second of it :)

Try not to ban a food. If you fancied choccie have a little. Eat it slowly and savour it, this way you won't crave it ;) :hug99: you can do this xxxxxxxxxx

Never fear Karen I am here :D

It will take a while for people to come back but they will be back soon I'm sure of it :)

You can do this Karen, just take one day at a time xx

Thank you for your replies. I'm going to make this short and sweet as I've had a terrible 24 hours. A sadness from deep within came over me last night. My parents spoke to me until late and then my friend who lives around the corner picked me up for a drive as she was sad and told me she'd had a miscarriage. Devastated for her as she didnt even know she was pregnant.

Anyway - to cut it short(ish) I've been incredibly good today - barely eaten. Not a good thing but it shows me I can do without constant food.

Things will be better tomorrow. Love to you all x

Morning all!

Well the good news is I'm feeling a lot happier today. A lot more positive with my home life and my friend seems to be doing ok with her grief.

I've amazed myself that through this hard week I haven't turned to food. I am truly stunned and so happy that that wasnt my first thought.

I am pleased to tell you that I have weighed myself. Anyone that does the Wii Fit will know that when you use it it weighs you and it's precise. So anyway... I've lost 9lbs from Tuesday to this morning (Saturday) I'm absolutely delighted. I put it mainly down to eating so terribly over Christmas that it was literally waiting to fall away again.

Can't wait to see what the official loss is on Tuesday! x

Back