Thinking about joining SW!

x_kerry_x

Hi Guys
I am thinking about joining slimming world again but was wondering if for some people this diet does NOT work?! Ive done it previously and the first week i lost 6lb but then put on each week since, in the end gave up as you can imagine i joined to loose weight but instead put on. Never went back, done a hand ful of shake diets lost weight them put all back on again!

Im now at my heaviest ive ever been and need to do something about it however i dont want to Join SW again to be disheartened again. I find i spend ALOT of money on food when doing SW and i dont have alot at the moment so would probably be surviving on pasta and sauce, Jacket spuds, beans, rice and salad. In not a huge meat eater so i was wondering if someone could give me some ideas to try.

Tonight im making 5 bean chili (without mince) which i think is syn free.... ive bought all ingredients and i know this makes a big portion so ive got it for a few days going forward lol.

I have also joined a bootcamp group which i go to 2/3 times a week so i figured eating healthily should come joint with exercise.

Reading back thro my post i think ive already talked myself into joining havent i... rambling on!

Unfortunately success is Down to you. You won't loose weight surviving on pasta n sauce and jacket spuds. In long run. And will then get disheartened again and think its the plan.

Yes on sw it can sometimes be expensive lean mince is a lot more than value mince, but I've stopped buying take always, boxes of diet coke, cakes sweets so actually I spend less what ppl sometimes mean (I'm not saying this is you) is I can't afford to spend money on food I don't really like right now like veg and fish. But if the cakes were on plan I'd have enough money.

Not at all saying this is you but if we want it bad enough we do it.

Go to aldi, eggs off market, spice up chicken, with seasonings, buy fruit n veg that's in season. Sweet potato is cheaper than normal potato in tesco and lot less carbs.

I eat things on sw I don't like but I'm growing to like them and there good for me. I've had to accept that sometimes life isn't fun but it needs doing.

Do have another go at SW, it does work!
Take a look at the recipes on this forum, there are lots to choose from to match your finances, I'm on a pension so I know what having little money is like!
We shop at Aldi first & what we can't get there then other supermarkets, local shops, we checkout prices on the web, this saves us a lot. In ASDA the last few weeks 2x 6packs of Mullarlight yogurt=£4-00, in Sainsbury's £5-00! Poundland 12 tins of chopped tomatoes-£3-00!
Good luck.
Pete

I have done sw 4 different times and each time giving up and like you the last time i gave up i went on a shake diet and came off it after nearly 2 months because i felt left out of everything. When i went back to sw i changed a few things which were making me fail with sw. Firstly any loss big or small was a loss that was bringing me nearer to target and even with a sts to stay on plan as it will come off as long as i am following plan properly whereas before i found it so disheartening to see small losses or sts and would go off plan and gain more weight. I also had to accept that i was on this plan for life as my weight problem will always be there and it will take me a while to get where i want to and even more difficult to maintain it. As the plan is for life there will be times in my life where i will be off plan and to accept that and also accept any gains and get on with losing it. I also gradually reduced my portion sizes too especially my carbs as i was eating too much before sometimes even more that my appetite. I know its hard but its very hard to succeed at anything unless your mind is 100% on it like right now i am pregnant and i am finding it really hard to stay on plan but i accept that and will have to deal with the consequence after baby is here. Also mix up things you eat so you dont get bored, there are some lovely recipe threads here x

I'd say go for it! I joined 4 weeks ago but had been thinking about it for months, if I had joined back then I would have a few stone off by now!

Go for it. SW is the only eating plan that works for me as it is so easy to stick to. I have found that we are spending less on shopping as we now plan our meals in advance, make extra to take for lunches and buy seasonal produce. I did find that the first few weeks were expensive but now we're used to looking for deals and only buying what we need. Tonight's dinner is macaroni cheese with salad which is a very cheap, tasty meal.

Back