Thinking about RC

.Nicki.

Minimin Addict
Hey all,
I've never really thought about rc before, to be honest i've heard a few horror stories about the groups. I've been trying to calorie count but i struggle and miss the support of a group.
I have about 10stone to lose and have a few health issues so doubt i could manage the exercise,do you have to do that part?
I don't have a clue about the diet so i'm off to do some research but would love to hear some opinions from you lovely people.

Hi Nicki,

I started RC a couple of months back and found it to have a really supportive atmosphere. The exercise is optional but is well worth going for as everyone is really supportive.

When I started I was just shy of 20stone with some medical issues too but went for the exercise anyway and felt a real sense of achievement when I managed to wade through - you can always stop part way through or go to the side and get a drink, then join back in when you're ready. Or there's even chair based exercise if that's your level. :) The people exercising are all different shapes and sizes and the exercise itself takes that into account. It's well worth it in my opinion.

If you decide not to go to the exercise you can still go and weigh in and have a chat with a representative and meet the people. It's a lovely atmosphere and the booklets and portion pots you recieve when you sign up make calorie counting much easier.

What I did was go for a five week discount deal when I joined, then decided if it was worth it after week five.

I hope this helped a bit!

Loz x

hi nicki..

i have just started rc and i have to totally agree with lozzica. its a very friendly atmosphere at my class. everyones there for the same reason. my mum couldnt participate in the exercise too due to medical problems but she is going to try doing some armchair aerobics from the sidelines next week.

as for the diet itself...its very easy to follow and the wee portion pots u get are a godsend..i know ive def been eating waaay too much before.. but thats my opinion on it. u need to decide for urself if its the right weight loss plan for u.

good luck in your journey whatever path u take. :D:D

emz xx

Can't agree more with the above comments, they are spot on. Also, in RC classes, you won't find weight gains read out like in other diet classes and you get the exercise in the class too. You can take whichever level you prefer nd as was mentioned above, if you can't do t all to start with then you can go and get a drink.

I started at just over 17stones - that was nearly four years ago. Within 6 months my life had changed; in a year I'd lost 6 stone and now after losing 7 and half stone I'm an RC instructor.

I obviously can't recommend the diet programme highly enough. My advice is go for it!!! What have you got to lose except your weight???

Back