Thinking about xmas food and sw!!

I've been thinking about Xmas, and decided that I'm going to allovw myself my 2 little indulgences on Xmas Eve / Xmas Day (two parents meals) stuffing, and pigs in blankets. I will be gorging on pickled onions anyway - in fact historically over xmas when not dieting, I've lost weight as I'm not mad keen on most of the food - fingers crossed that'll work this year haha!

I will be trying to eat all free food Christmas day to save my syns for Sausage rolls and chocs and velvet crunch tea.

Breakfast will be scrambles egg and smaked salmon.

Paxo is 1 and a half syns for 25 grams, have some syn free chipolatas from Joes's and will wrap them with lean bacon, have some gravy sorted from a casserole and frozen, everything else for Cjhristmas dinner will be free, will make a syn free Cheesecake for dessert.

Tea will be velvet crunch, scotch eggs, Sausage rolls, cooked meats, cheese and a few choccies, will see how much fruit I can get in during the day and will have plenty of veg with dinner.

I just read this and decided 'what a good idea to get some joe's sausages in for the pigs in blankets for xmas dinner'. Been meaning to try them for ages but just checked and minimum order 8 packs and £6.00 delivery charge! ouch!! :eek: :eek:

I've had my Xmas goal to be to lose 2 stone by Xmas. I've 4 pounds to go, so I reckon I can do it. I've been thinking about how depressed I'll be to have 2 stone loss just before Xmas and then find I've gained half a stone by new year. Have decided it's not worth it. I'm working Xmas day anyway, which will make it a little easier as no alcohol allowed. But I'm determined that my minimum standard is to stay the same over Xmas. After all, I could gain weight in a week that'll take me 2 months to shed! Eek!

Plan is to have Xmas eve, Xmas day, new years eve and the office party "off" so to speak, but still gonna make it as SW friendly as I can. And for the other days that week, I'll stick at 5 syns per day.

Being veggie is making Xmas dinner annoying though. I absolutely ADORE a well made nut roast, but even the SW version is 11 syns per portion. Damn

I'm an all or nothing kind of girl. If i have a bit then i'll have it all. Hence me going t-total for months at a time.... so with me this year i've decided to not have any Christmas foods till Christmas eve, then its back to weigh in on the Monday. So three crazy days and then it stops. If i have a bit here and there until Christmas it'll end up one long binge. I tend to challenge my fellow slimming world members (sorry guys) and then i stick to it. So for Novembers booze free challenge my friend gave up Chocolate for the same period.

Anyway - as booze free November is almost over i'm looking forward to a glass of vino!

Joe's are offering a free pack of sausagemeat and chipolatas with all orders delivered between now and the 15th December.

4 syns each!!!!

What?!?! Can't believe it. Been so good all week and tonight a friend called in for coffee..... so of course out came the biscuits... i usually have a sw bar 3 syns, but thought 'ock sure... 2 chocolate digestives wouldn't be much'
HOW WRONG WAS I! :cry:
Totally gutted..... okay i know its only a biscuit... but still! 4 syns!!
EACH!! Wot a waste...... shouldve had my curly wurly and enjoyed it. Some syns are just not worth it and for me ... i hardly tasted the chocolate digestives, i scoffed them that quick! lol
Lesson learned though.. xx

This will be my 1st Christmas on SW and hoping to stay on track (although I've never really put much weight on over Christmas anyway, fingers crossed I don't this year either).

Got my monthly shop delivered today and even though I had a look at the sweetie offers and that online none got added to the trolley and don't plan on getting anything in either. We're going to MIL's for Christmas and Boxing day and I don't really drink so hopefully will stay on track there.

Only downfall may be New Year when we're going to my mums for a week although when we stayed at the start of November I STS the week after so hoping for the same again x

Fail to plan is to plan to fail

lol very deep !!!

But im seriously going to decide what i love most about christmas.
Im defo going to have a cheese board night. Im going to make some sw ferro things. basically im going to sit down and syn the things i like and then try and spread them out over the days im going to be 'flexi' very flexi!!
Ill set aside a number of chocolates. syn them...,. and when they are gone... they r gone. one day two days.... one minute....! im going to try so hard to get to 13 13 before christmas..... i don't wanna see 14 again after!

Following a chat at SW here is a list of possible nibbles for the Christmas Period!

Pete’s Party Food
Veg Sticks
Pakoras
Veg Samosas (1syn each)
Mini Falafels
Pigs in Blankets on a cocktail stick
Mozzarella, Tomato & fresh Basil leaf on a cocktail stick
Chopped fresh fruit on a cocktail stick
Slices of cooked ham or beef rolled up on a cocktail stick

Veg Sticks

Peel the vegetable, plunge into boiling water for 1-2mins then remove & drop into iced water to stop cooking then dry and store in a sealed container in the fridge until the meal is ready.

Pakoras

1 red onion, diced
½ large bag of frozen chopped vegetable mix
2 tbsp. curry powder (use mild, medium or hot to suit your own taste)
3-4 tbsp. fat free yogurt
1 egg, beaten
2 large white potatoes, cooked and mashed

Pre heat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Place the mashed potato, diced onion and defrosted vegetables into a bowl and combine thoroughly.

Stir the curry powder into the yogurt and add this to the vegetable mix and stir thoroughly.
Beat the egg and add it to the mixture, stirring constantly. The mix should still be quite firm.
Line a baking tray/wire rack with baking paper to prevent to pakoras from sticking, and spoon the mixture onto the tray in tablespoon sized 'dollops'.
Spray with Fry Light and bake for approximately 30-40 minutes - or until firm on the outside and golden brown. Allow to cool slightly so that the pakoras firm up.

Veg Samosas (makes 36 )(1syn each)

1/2tsp garam masala
1/2tsp chilli powder
1/2tsp turmeric
1/2tsp cumin
1/2tsp hot madras curry powder
1/2tsp garlic salt
1tsp Amchoor powder
1tsp ground coriander
1 onion, finely chopped
6 Jus Rol Filo pastry sheets (each sheet is 6 syns but is cut into 6=1 syn)
4 medium potatoes, peeled, cooked & mashed
110g frozen peas
1 red chilli, deseeded & chopped

In a microwave cook the peas for 5 mins, set aside.In a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light cook the curry powder, Amchoor, chilli powder, turmeric, cumin, curry powder, garlic salt, coriander, onion, potatoes & peas and stir-fry for 5 mins.
Remove from the heat and add the red chilli, garam masala, season well and set aside.
Heat the oven to 180c, line a baking tray with baking parchment. Working quickly, place six filo sheets on top of each other and cut in half, then cut each half into three strips lengthways giving you 36 pieces, lay out and spray with Fry Light, place a spoonful of the mixture at the bottom of the strip and fold diagonally to enclose the ingredients and form a triangle, press down and fold again until you reach the end, seal the edge down with a pastry brush dipped in water. Repeat until all 36 are made.
Place on a tray and spray with Fry Light and bake for 12-13 mins or until golden in colour, serve while warm.

Mini Falafels

2 Wholemeal slices of bread
1 400g chickpeas
1tsp cumin
1egg
2tbsp chopped coriander
1 red chilli
100g Roasted red peppers
25g Chives
2 spring onions

In a food processor reduce the ingredients to a smooth paste, put in a small bowl and cover, place in the fridge until the mixture is firm, remove and form into small size “burgers”
Heat a frying pan and spray with Fry Light, cook in batches on both sides, remove and allow cooling.

Pigs in Blankets

1 pack of Sainsbury’s be good to yourself extra lean Cumberland sausages
(0.5 syn each)
1 pack of smoked bacon (16 slices)

Slice and skin all the sausages and remove the meat, mix together and roll out into 24 small rolls of sausage meat, completely cover the sausage with a part rasher of the bacon, place on a baking tray sprayed with Fry Light, spray the sausages and cook at 180c until cooked, remove and allow to cool, when cool insert a cocktail stick in each one.

Chopped Fresh Fruit

Wash the fruit and cut into bite size pieces, place in a bowl with a small amount of lemon juice, shake to cover all the fruit, then pierce them with a cocktail stick and mix the type of fruit.

Sliced Cooked Meat

Slice the cooked meat into 25mm strips, roll into a sausage shape and pierce with a cocktail stick.

Mozzarella, Tomato & Basil leaves
Cut the mozzarella & tomatos into small squares and pierce them with a cocktail stick with the basil leaf in between the cheese & tomato.

FalafelsSmall.jpg

Samosas-2Small.jpg

Pakoras-2Small-1.jpg

The first year I was on sw I actually lost, half a lb I think and was slimmer of the week ha ha, last year I put a few lbs on and they are gone now along with more.
This year I intend to do my best and also have some treats!
Looking at those pics though it has made me think I am off work for a couple of weeks and could have time to finally get around to trying to make those samosas and a few other things and have lots of sw treats!
I will have my xmas dinner though and probably a few drinkies (and other things!)

My plan (hoping it works) is first to look at my recent losses and work out hope long it might take me to lose whatever I might gain. Currently it may be about a pound per week - I don't want to be put back any more than 3 weeks. So no more than a 3 lb gain is acceptable to me. Therefore I can only afford to be flexible a little on Christmas day and boxing day (never been that bothered about new years eve). I keep remembering it is just 2 days! I will allocate myself 40 syns on these 2 days, the rest as normal at about 10.

It tales me far to long to get drunk, lol, so will only drink something for luxurious enjoyment. For me it'll either be a nice (generous) glass of home-made eggnog or baileys on each day when watching evening tv crap. Oh and maybe one in Xmas eve if not still wrapping pressies at 1am!

Christmas day is normally goose but is fatty so not worth the syns so will have usual turkey, a must is cranberry sauce, will make stuffing using high meat content sausages and wholemeal bread, roasts are normally goose fat ones and gorgeous but don't think worth the extra days to lose the weight :) , non negotiable is proper gravy, veg is all good, will have to have Xmas pud and 1 well filled mince pie and will use low fat creme fraiche. Will make my own to save on syns.

Boxing day is always roast ham and red cabbage, which is ok. With other simple veg. Will have my little glass if niceness and the same as Xmas day for pud.

I'm going to work out the syns on these and cut back on least favourites where necessary.

Outside of this - from today - my OH family have a 'chocolate table' tradition where it is crammed full of chocs. I'm labelling every box/tin with a syn value and will just keep in my allowance. Will have to resist, celebrations, matchmakers, lindor, fererros, terries choc oranges, mini milka bars, toblerone and more.... Lindor are the hardest. Luckily my family are greedy for these so probably won't get a look in! Why are they the size of houses? :sigh:

Back