Thinking of being a consultant

rosierose15

Silver Member
Hello, I went to a meeting yesterday about becoming a consultant. I really enjoyed it, it sounds like a hell of a lot of work but my passion is slimming world I just love it. Talking about it teaching it doing it everything!

I'm trying to decide if it's a good investment. I have to pay 1195 upfront for the training, equipment all that. And I pretty much on my own to sort my group and that. I do work full time but I think I would love to teach slimming world.

Im in a dilemma its a gamble. If I don't have enough clients I will lose my money or it could go great I could earn it all back plus more..... I can't decide what to do. I will need to get another loan to pay for it

I'd love to do this :) how did you go to the info meeting did you just ring them? Is it 10 hours a week per group? Sorry for the questions just really interested, want to do it once my little boy goes to nursery so I only work part time at the moment so hopefully have time to put the work in as you say it's a lot of work, as in paper work? Sorry again for all the questions! I'm like you i just love it and I just talk my mates stupid about it all the time might be good to channel that somewhere! Lol! If you're passionate about it I reckon you could do it :) you sound like you'd be great as you love it so much x

Yeah the lisence just cover you for one group. The ten hours would be a few hours setting up and doing your meeting then there is replying to members on Facebook and texts, reading their food diarys, shopping for raffle prices, organising taster events, organising games and quizzes preparing your talks, lots of advertising and spreading the word. I work full time mon to fri 9-4 but they said it is possible to do both. I have no kids no mortgage no commitments so I thought id give it a go. I filled in an application online a few months ago and they called me last week sayin thei were having a meeting near my house. The next step is an interview next week Nd If I get expected training starts in November my group will start in jan. all very quick and scary :-/

rosierose15 said:
Hello, I went to a meeting yesterday about becoming a consultant. I really enjoyed it, it sounds like a hell of a lot of work but my passion is slimming world I just love it. Talking about it teaching it doing it everything!

I'm trying to decide if it's a good investment. I have to pay 1195 upfront for the training, equipment all that. And I pretty much on my own to sort my group and that. I do work full time but I think I would love to teach slimming world.

Im in a dilemma its a gamble. If I don't have enough clients I will lose my money or it could go great I could earn it all back plus more..... I can't decide what to do. I will need to get another loan to pay for it

Personally I wouldn't take out a loan to finance it, just incase you don't make the money back straight away. But if its something you enjoy then only you can decide if it's worth the risk! Did they give any idea of how long it would take to earn back the money if you have a large group?

Thank you and Thanks for taking the time to reply! I say go for it :) sounds brill! Very quick, that is scary :) but it will be a good challenge! so once one group is up and running you may be able to buy another licence if it goes well I'm assuming? My consultant has 4 groups :) x

Yeah u could earn the money back within 3 months then u can pay 400 for another lisence if all goes well. It sounds great not only the actual job but the woman on the year bAll all the consultants go to and dress up and they are all close and they love their job x

Sounds too good to be true! Keep us updated :) id love to hear how ur getting on! I'm sure you'll be very successful you seem very determined! I wonder if theyll tell you not to come on here, as seem to be no consultants on this forum or if its just not worth it as youre trying to run a business so youre not making money giving free advice on here. i can't wait to start! If you go the the information meeting you do you have to start straight away? As I'd love to go and say I'm interested but not until I have a bit more time? You said it took a while to get back to you? Sorry again for the questions, lol i should just ring up! X

There is no pressure to join they say it isn't for everyone it's a 2 hour meeting u listen u ask questions then u fill in a feedback sheet and say I'm not ready just yet or yes I am interested please cAll me.

So they called me today and I have An interview on 3rd November :)

Thank you so much for all the information you've given me. Good luck for your interview I'm sure you'll smash it :)

so after paying the 1195 how much do u have to give slimming world after that? or do u just buy stock for your group with all the money u make? sorry just thought it would be intresting when i get to goal to maybe think about this xx

SW will take a substantial percentage of your weekly earnings I imagine as it is a franchise opportunity. Best thing to do would be to speak to your own consultant in the first instance and then attend a local recruitment event which are run on a fairly regular basis.

Back