Thinking of changing to CD

fatfighter

wannabe yummy mummy
Has anyone else done this?

I've only been on LT 2 weeks but it's getting to the point where I feel sick at the thought of having the LT shakes, with the exception of the chocolate (and occasionally strawberry) and although I know the shakes aren't meant to be enjoyable (no danger there! :rolleyes:) I know I can't keep going for the next however many weeks/ months hating the thought of the shakes - it's a sure way to make me want to just give up on the diet altogether, and that's the last thing I want.
Am I just being silly changing over? :confused:

Hi Hun, I have hated the shakes all the way through my journey, I have choc every time so thats 9 weeks on just choc shake lol I also dread them and have found sometimes ive just left them but I think ive lost less those weeks so just try to get them down, the weeks do fly by honest! Good luck with whatever you decide to do hun :) x

I think we all get used to the shakes after a while and I like both the choc and the strawberry a lot now!

Whatever you chose to do Vickie I hope it works out for you but I would suggest giving it a little more time and see if you get a taste for them!

Thanks for your replies girls.
The woman i usually see at the pharmacy is off this week so I can't ask her advice (but the words chocolate and fireguard spring to mind when I think of her anyway:rolleyes:)
Hats off to you Em, 9 weeks on chocolate is amazing (and makes me feel a bit ill just thinking about it! :yuk:)

There are others on here that have changed to CD cos you have a lot more variety in the flavours and the packs are great for taking to work etc. I find the lack of choice on LT great, if I'm abstaining from food and cleansing my palette cos of lack of flavours then LT is right for me.

Well I think you need to find a diet that suits you else you are more likely to cave.

My mum also hated the shakes and ended up living on chicken soup (even for breakfast). she managed 6 weeks and then went off the chicken soup as well.

I understand when people say you're not supposed to really enjoy the shakes but if it gets to the point when you are physically feeling sick or wretching which is what happened to my mum, then I think you need to look at an alternative.

If you need to be on LT for a long time then I would seriously be considering CD.

If you have a look at Poggy's threads, you'll find a couple about her changing from LT to CD.

Alex

Back