Thinking of doing atkins

Minnie!

Hi all wondered if anyone could help
Ive been looking at what foods you can have on the phase one and I think I could cope BUT I like sweet stuff as well as meat have you any ideas ??? Cos I this this is were I would be week and crack
Thanks Claire.

You can get atkins bars , best kept for occasional use , make cream cheese pancakes to top with splenda , and make ow carb ' mousse . hth

i do a couple of spoons of double cream mixed with cocoa powder and splenda when i am in absolute need of something!

or sugar free jelly with double cream.

Hi Claire, let us know if you do come over from the dark side. :)

I have such a sweet tooth but that all does change with Atkins, you'll find things really too sweet that you used to love.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. x

I've got a major sweet tooth as well. I'm not quite as fortunate as Ditzee as I still have mine, but I find Green and Blacks 85% dark choc helps in my many moments of need! 15g carbs for 100g choc - not bad!

It's really tasty too! I still love milk choc but milk choc is just sweet - dark choc has a much more complex taste.

Hi Claire
You can make sweet mims, have a look at the stickys. I make the coco ones and have them with cream, lovely!!
Whatever you decide good luck :)

hello :) yes your sweet tooth can go with atkins, but the advice above is spot on :)

I used to eat loads of sweet stuff every day. Every time I've tried Atkins in the past that was what made me fail.

Getting the first few days can be hard, but can be done. I'm a chocoholic and I haven't had any for about 2 weeks now. The hardest thing has been cutting out sugar in my coffee. I only have 1 a day but it tastes horrid with sweetener in. So now I'd rather go without the coffee!

Wow I didn't know G&B choc was so low(ish) in carbs and its so rich you can just have a bit. Now I know what to do if I have a real chocolate craving!

Back