Thinking of doing cambridge for a quick fix please talk me out of it!

Hi guys thanks for all your help. I am about to start getting ready for work. I had set aside a pasta in sauce and a mug shot along with a muller light and an apple.
We get our breakfast there so I will prob have crumpets but no idea of the syns.
When i get home I will have
142g prawn (HEXB)
Seafood sauce (2.5syns)
Jacket pot
and low fat spread (guessing 2.5syns)
Salad and balsamic vinegar!

I'll actually take x2 alpen bars too for my hexB and i'll be drinking tea throughout so milk is hex A.

I want to try and loose about at least stone and half by feb if i can so i can be at the weight i was when i found my wedding dress (i was about 14.9) and it didnt look toooooooooooo bad. cos of all the crystals on it, you can only take it in two dress sizes so it at least gives me the option!

Thanks you lot!
x

i hope so.
I just have to have willpower and it seems the more pressure i am under the more i eat!!!
x
I think the key to it all is right there, and you didn't need us to tell you that. Whatever you can and can't achieve, it's all down to you and the mindset you get yourself into. It seems to me that rather than taking a deep breath and pulling on your "determined hat", you're just accepting defeat as a default setting, before you've even tried. If you apply yourself, you can lose all the weight you need to doing SW. There is plenty of free and superfree foods that don't even require cooking. Why not make a giant fruit salad when you have a spare 20 minutes. Put it in a big container in the fridge and take a few portions to work with you. Or stand in front of the fridge and snack on it when you walk in the door and you're hungry. SW quiche is the easiest thing in the world to make as it requires no pastry.

You just need to spend less time panicking, and more time planning and realising that it's so easy to do exactly what you're hoping to do. You just have to decide to do it. NOT decide that it's impossible before you even start.

Can you do it? Of course you can!!!!! Now take a deep breath and remember your motivations and your reasons, and remember especially that you're doing this for YOU, and your health and your spiritual wellbeing. You're awesome, treat yourself well as an appreciation of that.

As an aside, I have tried liquid diets, like Slim Fast, Herbalife, etc. I very quickly start to obsess about food, when can I have my next shake (and I'm always disappointed that it's not bigger than it is and that I'm still hungry afterwards), I get terrible cravings, and ultimately fail. It's not a normal way to be getting on and my body soon let me know it wasn't happy.

I'd much rather just accept that my weight loss is my responsibility, and if I really need to lose it, I know that if I just adhere strictly to the plan, keep a diary, plan my meals, etc, then it will work, and it will work fast. That's my two cents worth anyway.

Having said all that, the very best of luck with whatever you ultimately decide. We're all here to offer you support if you should need it.:)

One other thing I thought of... don't set unreasonable goals. I know you have an ideal of what you want to lose and by when. BUT it's not the end of the world if you don't reach that target. Set a lower target that you stand more chance of reaching. That said, I think a stone and a half by the end of Feb is achievable. I've set myself a 2 stone target by the 28th Feb when I go to see Metallica. If I don't reach it by then, it won't be long afterwards :D

Good luck

Right Hun...Please do not consider the CD plan...I did it and yes the results are quick, but the minute you stop, the minute you gain weight and far quicker so the impact on your heart isnt good.
I suffered with severe constipation (not very pleasant I can tell you and cried when I needed to go to the loo).
The faster the weight loss the less likely your body has the time to shrink back into shape, so you will be left with rolls (you could end up having to have surgery to amend that).
A mate of mine lost her hair when she went on the CD as this is another side effect.
Its also blooming expensive!
Seriously, seriously consider trying this as a last resort. SW does work, but you have to commit to it 100% and not guesstimate syn values or measures.
Just think in 8 months you can loose the weight...for my wedding, I lost 5 stone in 7 months doing the SW plan with the occasional hiccup. That was 4 years ago Hun.
If you want to know more about the CD plan, please feel free to email me.

Take care

Kerry-Ann
xxxx

I think the key to it all is right there, and you didn't need us to tell you that. Whatever you can and can't achieve, it's all down to you and the mindset you get yourself into. It seems to me that rather than taking a deep breath and pulling on your "determined hat", you're just accepting defeat as a default setting, before you've even tried. If you apply yourself, you can lose all the weight you need to doing SW. There is plenty of free and superfree foods that don't even require cooking. Why not make a giant fruit salad when you have a spare 20 minutes. Put it in a big container in the fridge and take a few portions to work with you. Or stand in front of the fridge and snack on it when you walk in the door and you're hungry. SW quiche is the easiest thing in the world to make as it requires no pastry.

You just need to spend less time panicking, and more time planning and realising that it's so easy to do exactly what you're hoping to do. You just have to decide to do it. NOT decide that it's impossible before you even start.

Can you do it? Of course you can!!!!! Now take a deep breath and remember your motivations and your reasons, and remember especially that you're doing this for YOU, and your health and your spiritual wellbeing. You're awesome, treat yourself well as an appreciation of that.

As an aside, I have tried liquid diets, like Slim Fast, Herbalife, etc. I very quickly start to obsess about food, when can I have my next shake (and I'm always disappointed that it's not bigger than it is and that I'm still hungry afterwards), I get terrible cravings, and ultimately fail. It's not a normal way to be getting on and my body soon let me know it wasn't happy.

I'd much rather just accept that my weight loss is my responsibility, and if I really need to lose it, I know that if I just adhere strictly to the plan, keep a diary, plan my meals, etc, then it will work, and it will work fast. That's my two cents worth anyway.

Having said all that, the very best of luck with whatever you ultimately decide. We're all here to offer you support if you should need it.:)

You really talk sense.
I really want to go to class but i work shifts. I need to find one in my area that will weigh me too.

Thank you!

Right Hun...Please do not consider the CD plan...I did it and yes the results are quick, but the minute you stop, the minute you gain weight and far quicker so the impact on your heart isnt good.
I suffered with severe constipation (not very pleasant I can tell you and cried when I needed to go to the loo).
The faster the weight loss the less likely your body has the time to shrink back into shape, so you will be left with rolls (you could end up having to have surgery to amend that).
A mate of mine lost her hair when she went on the CD as this is another side effect.
Its also blooming expensive!
Seriously, seriously consider trying this as a last resort. SW does work, but you have to commit to it 100% and not guesstimate syn values or measures.
Just think in 8 months you can loose the weight...for my wedding, I lost 5 stone in 7 months doing the SW plan with the occasional hiccup. That was 4 years ago Hun.
If you want to know more about the CD plan, please feel free to email me.

Take care

Kerry-Ann
xxxx

I did lighterlife and i lost a baby whilst doing it. I didnt know i was pregnant but boy did i know when i misscarried!
also lost my hairt and lost 3 stone in 2 months! I have put it all back on and more and have nasty stretch marks on my thighs arms and stomach so you would think it would put me off. But i just want a quick fix to loose it but then I spose i will get more stretch marks when i come off it anyway!

You are all great! Its kind of what i needed to hear and its helped. thank you!

xxx

You will get there Huni, just take it slowly and it will happen....it may not seem like it now, but the weight will move and its far better to come off slowly for you.

x

Back