Thinking of doing the Cambridge diet or Lighter life

captaincollins

Hi, I am thinking of doing the cambridge diet or lighter life, I have read the web pages for reviews and both the offical websites, they look very simular but cambridge seems much cheaper, can anyone give me any help of any real differences? It seems as though LL costs £66 a week and CD around £33 is this right?

Any help would be gratefully recived, I weigh 22 stone and 7 pounds, so I have a lot to lose.

Lighter Life:
4 shakes/soups per day
Weekly group counselling session
£66

Cambridge:
3 shakes/soups per day
Weekly weigh-in with your counsellor, no-one else
£35 (but can be more expensive - but not as much as £66)

That's all I know of.

Hi there

Both diets are nutritionally complete VLCDs (ie. Very Low Calorie Diets) and you could expect the same rate of loss on both. The only real difference is choice of flavours/products and whether or not you would prefer to attend a group counselling session which Lighter Life offers and why you pay more for LL than you do for CD.

On the Cambride Diet, all men (and women over 5'8" tall) would require 4 packs per day on the Sole Source programme. However, if you opt for the Sole Source Plus programme (615 cals per day), you would add 200 mls of skimmed milk per day to that which you can add to tea and coffee if you wish instead of drinking it black. Or you could have 3 packs per day plus a 200 cal meal.

On LL you are required to drink a minimum of 4 litres of water per day, with CD it's a minimum of 2.25 litres per day (although it's advisable to drink more than that if you can).

There are also other programmes on CD which allow you to combine the foodpacks with conventional food but, of course, you would expect a slower rate of loss if you opt for one of those.

The best way to decide would be to phone your nearest LL and CD counsellors and discuss both diets with them and then make up your mind which suits you best.

Good luck on whichever diet you choose to do - and keep us posted :)

Hi, I am thinking of doing the cambridge diet or lighter life, I have read the web pages for reviews and both the offical websites, they look very simular but cambridge seems much cheaper, can anyone give me any help of any real differences? It seems as though LL costs £66 a week and CD around £33 is this right?

Any help would be gratefully recived, I weigh 22 stone and 7 pounds, so I have a lot to lose.

Hi

depending on your height you would need 4 shakes a day (above 5ft 8) and 3 shakes a day (below 5ft 8)

obviously if you are on 4 shakes a day it is a little more expensive.

My fiance moved over from LL to CD a couple of weeks ago and he is much more settled on CD. He likes the range of choice and the flavours far better.

Whichever you choose you will have excellent results, generally people with more to lose, lose it a lot faster.

Good luck to you.

This is the best place to be for support and encouragement.

debs x

Cambridge - 4 meals/shakes per day will cost you £50 per week.

I'm 6ft4 and a guy... so thats £50 for me.
If your female and over 5ft8, as someone already said, you go on 4 meals per day = £50.

:)

Hi, thanks for your replys, I am a women maybe I messed my profile up and said I was male! LOL, Think I will go for the cambridge diet as its so much cheaper, have emailed both anyway and see what tyhey say.
Thanks
Sharon - will keep you posted

Back