thinking of giving it a go....a few questions

foxychic

Hiya everyone!!

Im a serial dieter and have successfully lost weight in the past.

Im getting married april 2013 and want to lose at least 2 stone and tone up!

I tend to strufggle a lot with food as I binge eat and never know when to stop so I abuse plans such as SW by eating and eating and eating 'free' foods.

Slimfast looks good in a way that it seems pretty structured and thats all I can eat and its quite a rigid plan.

My main concern is that I use it then, lose wiehgt then put it back on as soon as I syop. What happens when I lose 2 stone and then start eating again??

Ive also seen tescos own make stuff - is it any good?

How much on average do you spend per week on shakes, snacks and stuff?

Sorry for all the questions but I want to learn as much as I can about the plan before buying lots of things! Its a lot of money if I dont enjoy it! xx

Thank you in advance to anyone who can answer xx

Hi Foxy, i've done SF on and off for a year now and have lost roughly 3 stone. Im also a binge eater so plans like WW were no good for me either.

Answers to your questions...

If you go back to naughty eating habits once youve finished then the weight will go back on. If you watch your cals then you should be fine.

Never used Tescos own stuff but some people on here do so they'll be able to answer that 1.

I tend to buy 2 tubs of powder a week (£4 in asda atm). I eat the same as the rest of the family for my evening meal just have smaller portions. Best advice i can give is either buy a tub or a ready made bottle to try it. (so far as im aware these taste a bit different though)

Best of luck and remember to let us know how you get on :)

Hi.
I think after losing the weight you will just have to steadily work your way off it. Ie. shake just for breakfast

As for how much it costs. You can buy a tin from asda for £4 this lasts 10-12 shakes so just under a week I think it's quite cheap + u don't have to buy the slim fast snacks you can just have whatever you like under 100 cals

Good luck with your weight loss journey :)

Thank you for the reply!

Ive bought a little choc shake from tesco so will try it later!

I work 13 hour shifts so I know I wont struggle at work i think it'll be weekends and days off when it may get hard.

So, am I right in thinking:

2 x shakes a day (prob brekkie and lunch)
3 x 100cal snacks a day
1 x 600 cal meal

what about things like tea/coffee and the milk that goes in it?

Thank you for having the patience to answer! x

Yep you are right :)

I only have a couple of coffees a day with milk as it has cals. My snacks are never exactly 100 cals so i just use the extra cals from that to count towards my milk splashes. You can also drink diet drinks as they have no cals in them.

Thank you very mcuh for the lovely welcome and answering all my questions!! I think im going to like it here!

Im not officially starting until tuesday as thats my next day off work to enable me to go out and buy the stuff so Im going to anjoy today and tomorrow then weigh in and take my measurmements monday night!

Are there any places thats better to buy the slimfast stuff from or do you all just shop around weekly for where its on offer?

Im determined to do it and make a happy, healthy change and fir into my wedding dress (which by the way, Ive oredered a size smaller haha! xx

I mainly get my shakes and things from Asda as its were i do my weekly shop. If im out and about and see it cheap though i can be persuaded to stock up.

Ordering the dress a size smaller is a brill incentive to get to goal, sure you'll look lovely :)

Hi,

I started friday so today is day 3 for me. I have only had the Tesco powders so far, (I bought them due to the price) I have to say i love them, so tasty! Ive got some slimfast ready made drinks that I will be testing tomorrow as I am out all day at uni.

I really can't fault the tesco stuff, but ive not even tried the actual slimfast stuff yet, so have nothing to compare it to!

Good luck :)

Hiya and welcome to slimfast.

I don't find slimfast too expensive at all. I just buy the tubs of powder and some occasional meal bars and then have my snacks as 'normal' <100cal snacks. Like someone else said my snacks dint always make up 100cals so I don't worry about the odd splash of milk in a tea or coffee.

I too work long days 12hrs plus. If you have the facilities I find it best to have my main meal during the day at work. Either a ready meal and salad or frozen left overs that can be put in the microwave...... Keeps me going a bit more! I then normally have a shake or a bar on the drive home in the evening.

People on here tend to be pretty good, good motivation I recon. Plus you can find out were and when there are offers anywhere on products.

Good luck and let us know how you get on
Xxx

Thanks for the message lotty!

Good advice regarding having my meal at lunchtime, i work 7am - 8pm so i might be better off having my main meal at lunch or i may be starving hu gry by last afternoon and the biscuits may seem tempting!

Im off work tomorrow so im going to go and stock up on shakes and the tubs. I might just get 2 flavours to start with and see how i go.

X

I work 7.30-7.30 and end up finishing late most shifts. I find that by the time I get home at 8-8.30ish it's too late for me to make dinner .... (plus I'm normally shattered). I tend to keep one of my snacks so I can have a little nibble or a sneaky drink before bed :)

What do you do for work?

Hi foxychic, I find the tesco ultraslim tastier than slimfast, and as a student the difference in price is helpful too! I'm a big fan of the strawberry one, but I would just say that the premade shakes have a completely different taste to the tubs, and the tubs are definitely a lot nicer! as for the goal of 2stone by 2013 I think you'll do it way before then, I started beginning of December and have now lost 2st 4lb, so glad I gave sf a go! xx

Thanks for the advice and i will definately be comparing the prices to the tesco ones.

Lotty i work in my local hospital so im on my feet all day! I love my job though and wouodnt want to be anywhere else! X

Looking forward to starting tomorrow now! X

Back