Thinking of giving up after 3 weeks

I've been doing sw for 3 weeks and have only lost 0.5lb I'm so disappointed thinking of giving up...I've really been trying:(... I can't excersise until 2 weeks time but I must be doing something wrong??? Should I just give up... I enjoy image therapy but frustrates me that everyone around me had big losses and look amazing and I'm still large and no change..

Do you have a food diary we can take a look at? I'm on my phone so can't see if you do. I had a slow start, but I was going wrong. I've lost 2 stone now :)

Well you could give up ... but I guarantee you one thing, that won't help you lose any weight!

Have you asked your consultant for advice? That is what they are there for and she may be able to offer suggestions for why things are moving so slowly.

Lisajade is right, you should post your food diary here so we can take a look as well.

How much weight do you have to lose and how far are you from target? Were you doing a different eating plan just before joining SW?

Dont give up .... You could well be Eating things that seem syn Free but actually arent (not all fat Free things are syn Free) also if you are on ee are you having enough superfree (i have it with all meals and snacks)i love my Veg so regularly have 1/2 superfree
Also how many syns are you having as i have set my limit at 10 a day as i find my losses arent great if i have 15
Also bananas and grapes although super Free are not speed foods they are fruits that have the highest sugar content so are jogger calorie so i try to stick to other fruits and limit it to 1 banana every few days.
Are you weighing and measuring your healthy extras
And watch out for hidden syns (ie shop bought coffees,in yogs, sauces, spice mixes(some are full of sugar))
Hope that helps

cat yoyo greaves said:
Dont give up .... You could well be Eating things that seem syn Free but actually arent (not all fat Free things are syn Free) also if you are on ee are you having enough superfree (i have it with all meals and snacks)i love my Veg so regularly have 1/2 superfree
Also how many syns are you having as i have set my limit at 10 a day as i find my losses arent great if i have 15
Also bananas and grapes although super Free are not speed foods they are fruits that have the highest sugar content so are jogger calorie so i try to stick to other fruits and limit it to 1 banana every few days.
Are you weighing and measuring your healthy extras
And watch out for hidden syns (ie shop bought coffees,in yogs, sauces, spice mixes(some are full of sugar))
Hope that helps

Oh and remember peas sweetcorn and parsnips although Free are not superfree so dont count towards your 1/3 sf

Sorry for the delay in replying. Thank you for your suggestions. I am 14st 12. So have a lot to lose.

I have been upset all weekend I even contemplated going to weight watchers. My consultant was supposed to phoe me back and did not. My group is very clichy and not supportive. This is the only group I can go to as no others around...
I also have problems writing my planner as. Noone at work knows I'm on a diet as don't want to be seen as a failure... Which I do as I've lost nothing ...
A new day- in not getting weighed this week. I'm going to restart today...

Thanks again

destiny2578 said:
Sorry for the delay in replying. Thank you for your suggestions. I am 14st 12. So have a lot to lose.

I have been upset all weekend I even contemplated going to weight watchers. My consultant was supposed to phoe me back and did not. My group is very clichy and not supportive. This is the only group I can go to as no others around...
I also have problems writing my planner as. Noone at work knows I'm on a diet as don't want to be seen as a failure... Which I do as I've lost nothing ...

Thanks again

I was 14st 1 when i joined and went on hol after 1st week and went up to 14.3 when i came back in jan im now 12 st 2 nearly into 11s you can do it too and if you are wanting to keep it a secret that you are dieting sw Is definately a diet you can do that on and you can still eat out too in fact im off out today :) ive just swapped groups as my sw consultant was a bit off with me since i said i wanted to become a consultant i write my food in an actual pocket diary so maybe write it in that easy to keep it a secret and my diary goes everywhere.
Try not to let it get you down xxx

destiny2578 said:

Thanks again

Hi destiny it is demoralising when it doesn't come off as quickly as you want but if you plan plan plan you will be able to do this. I have to write down everything I eat cos otherwise I sneak things in and "forget" about them. I keep a note on my phone as I find the SW food diaries really cumbersome. Sometimes it just takes your body a bit of time to give up the fat but maybe if you check your stats by taking measurements you might see inches going rather than relying on the scales. I found that after the first two weeks I stalled at STS and 1/2 off alternating so decided to switch to more red days in the week and also have two lemons squeezed in water in the morning. That seems to have kicked my body back into losing. Don't think all the carbs were helping with my weight loss. On the keeping it secret front, we eat together as a family every night and I managed to keep it secret from my OH for 5 weeks that I was on a plan. It's nobody's business what you do so just go for it, even if it's a slow road, and only tell people you know you can trust i.e. us on minimins. Don't give up yet. I was in your shoes getting despondent but a few tweaks might shift things and if all else fails join the thread about taking the scenic route and you'll see that there are lots of people in your shoes. Good luck and keep us posted :)

destiny2578 said:

Thanks again

Thing is Hun, if you are't keeping a track how can you be sure you are sticking to plan 100%? WW would be near impossible to do without keeping track as well btw.

You don't need to fill in an actual SW food diary. It can just be a little notebook or if you have access to a computer, on here, or a spreadsheet.

Hi Destiny 2578.
Welcome to SW and this forum.
Don't give up, as others have said it takes time for your body to adjust, just follow the plan and it will work, don't cheat yourself, keep a diary, it's great to look back in a few weeks and see what works and what doesn't..Follow the hundreds of recipes on this forum, you can eat almost anything you like just check first.
There are SW variants of all the favourite foods, pizza's. Mc'muffins. KFC drumsticks. Fish & chips etc....
Give it another try, follow plan and you will soon see results, the more weight you have to loose the more you will see results.
Good luck.
Pete

Are you eating enough? Some people's diaries often seem a bit sparse. When I did SW the first time, I was really greedy at the start. As my weight dropped, my appetite settled a bit. But I remember doing green days, eating all my meals (massive, often pasta or rice based) then eating packets of cous cous or savoury rice as snacks (might be syns now), or what used to be syn free quiche made with savoury rice, cottage cheese and eggs. It dropped off me. I started at around 16st and went down to 10st 10lbs. I just wish I'd stuck to the principles better, otherwise I wouldn't be back again :eek:.

I agree with what most have said. I too didn't have a very good start and its just finiding out what works better for you, maybe post a food diary so we can have a look.

I started 4 weeks ago and lost 2 my first week and stayed the same the week after, and it was because I wasnt eating enough or using all my syns up. When I stayed the same I just wanted to give up with it all together but tried really hard and the week after I lost 4lb and 2.5 the following.

You could maybe alternate your days also, as when I done it once before in the past there was no extra easy and I always used to do green days and it came off loads quicker

Dont give up with it :)

Thanks guys for your suggestions and kick up the a**e:) I start of soo well on the week... I'm really going to try yet again.... Keep you all posted... On a positive in back at the gym from Wednesday ....

Just to let you all know... I went for my weigh in today and I'd lost 2lb... I can't believe it... I really thought I was going to weigh in and then put on weight.. I'm going to keep up with this green plan as extra easy is not for me and post my food diaries which I've done 2day...

Feeling a bit mor motivated... Thanks for all your kind words xx

Well done hun, this is such a good thing.

Just a lil tip, i write my food diary in my phone when im out as i dont want to cart around my food diary and start filling it in, infront of people xx

Thats brilliant well done! Noooooooooo please dont give up! I got to target on red and green plans, total lost well over 2st so it can be done. Well done for sticking with it, you will be rewarded, if youre good to the plan the plan will be good to you! Let us know from time to time how things go and we are all here to help each other :)

Back