Thinking of joining ww

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by DEMILOU, 9 November 2011 Social URL.

1. DEMILOU

DEMILOU Member

Hello all, been reading throught some of your posta and thinking of giving weight watchers ago, please can anyone give me any advice please.

thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Nemesis82

Nemesis82 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.49%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello...

you cant go wrong with WW being honest. You get to eat pretty much whatever you want, in moderation and as long as you point everything that passes yours lips :)

A tip i would suggest is for the first few weeks at least, draw up a menu and plan what your going to eat and allocate points that way. Always remember to leave some points in case you want a last minute treat. By planning a menu for each week, you can prepare ahead which saves time and money!! I found it helped me alot to do this.

Theres always someone on this site to help you whenever you have a question.

The new WW magazine is in the shops tomorrow: may be a good idea to buy it and have a flick through for inspiration.

Hope some of this helps :) Good Luck x

Mini likes this.
  4. SJH1985

SJH1985 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(6.78%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    Hi there :) I'm currently on SW but feeling very disheartened after only losing 4.5lbs in 7 weeks :-(

I've been told to stick with it but I have to say in tempted to switch to WW if I'm not getting anywhere in my next two weigh ins....... The reason for this is I actually did WW about three years ago and lost nearly 2 stone but then pro points came in and after playing at it I stopped going plus I'd got to my goal weight however here we are and I've got it to lose again!!!! Thought if try something new as I wasn't overly keen on pro points hence trying SW but now I'm wondering if I've been wasting my time????

What do you think of pro points and do you feel you have enough points to not be hungry????

Any feedback would be HUGELY appreciated :) Xxxxx

5. smirnoff

smirnoff Overweight or undertall?!

Start Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    hi, i love ww propoints, yes i do get hungry sometimes on 29 daily points but as long as you put your hand in the fruit bowl instead of the biscuit tin then it is not a problem and of course you have the 49 weekly points to dip into if you feel the need!

i also did sw until the beginning of this year but my problem with so many free foods that i was constantly grazing so my portion sizes were way out of control

i highly recommend ww :D xx

6. SJH1985

SJH1985 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(6.78%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    I think maybe my portion sizes might be too big??? Gonna have to have a serious think about which might be better for me..... At least I'm eating healthy stuff and back at the gym :) my mum lost nearly 4 stone on WW and absolutely loves it, she did SW with me about five years ago before she lost all the weight and hated it, she stuck to it perfectly and didn't lose, was soooo upset but then WW worked for her and she's never looked back :) its nice to know I have another option if SW continues to not work for me! Thanks for the advice Xxxxx

7. Nemesis82

Nemesis82 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.49%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Some people start on more points plus theres always the weeklies. If theres a special occasion coming up you can always earn and use activity points. I thought i would be hungry a lot but your not. A lot of the time, your actually spending more time worrying about being hungry than you actually are.

I couldnt do SW as the theory is good but it does little for controlling my portion sizes especially on Extra Easy days. I dont really feel like im on a diet with WW as i can eat what i want as long as i track it.

Good luck regardless :)

8. ianrush9

ianrush9 Full Member

Hey snap!!! I have been doing sw since january, lost 1st 2lb at one point but now 10lb as have put on. I dont know if its me with the portion control but it doesnt seem to agree with me - i am looking for advice about ww too. did it a few years ago but dont know anything about the pro points!

9. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    This post by kagome75 is excellent in explaining how the new ProPoints plan works.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.