Thinking of joining?!

jayde1148

Gold Member
Hi all

I have been increasingly interested in TFR diets and VLCDs and keep reading posts in the forums and I did order a Exante pack but hated the packs and felt I needed more support and was quite scared by my dizzyness at the time! I like the idea of the counselling, something I really feel I need to deal with my food issues. Although the price will be tough I can see the value in it. I have sent in a request on the website for a call but I am so scared!! It just seems so extreme. I said to my sister I was thinking of doing LL and she had a go at me and said it was dangerous. I am also nervous about y doctor because she is not very supportive and always just tells me to go to the gym every day and eat 3 small meals! Well if it was that easy I would be skinny!!! I dont know what I want from on here but I am really nervous but desperately want to see the results and I am sick of starting slimming clubs and getting stuck at the start of the journey because of my emotions etc. Is this really doable and safe and the counselling worth it? Thanks for your replies :D

Welcome Jaydee

It is completely doable!!! Once you are in Ketosis, generally 4-5 days - it becomes one of the easiest diets ever because your hunger is essentialy turned off allowing you to focus on the where -whats- and whys of your weight troubles.

I did LL in 2008, for ten months and lost 10 stone. It changed my life, and was worth every single penny spent.

I cant reccomend it enough - as long as your head is int eh right space and it is approached with a positive "I can do" attitude, its a breeze! :)

Blonde Logic said:
Welcome Jaydee

It is completely doable!!! Once you are in Ketosis, generally 4-5 days - it becomes one of the easiest diets ever because your hunger is essentialy turned off allowing you to focus on the where -whats- and whys of your weight troubles.

I did LL in 2008, for ten months and lost 10 stone. It changed my life, and was worth every single penny spent.

I cant reccomend it enough - as long as your head is int eh right space and it is approached with a positive "I can do" attitude, its a breeze! :)

Thanks BL. I am hoping when the LLC calls me I will feel more confident! Just seems scary compared to.conventional dieting but that has not worked for me!x

Hey BL! You've gone too far! That is really great. It seems that LL is really working for you. Other than LL, what else do you do for maintenance? I've only started my diet this May, so far, I can see positive results.

Thanks BL. I am hoping when the LLC calls me I will feel more confident! Just seems scary compared to.conventional dieting but that has not worked for me!x

Hon - a little fear is a good thing.

Believe me, and I know it is cliche - but if I can do it - anyone can do it.

Please don't take this wrong - but I see by your stats you have a fair amount to lose - (so did I!) and if you are like me - it seemed an impossible task trying to shift that much weight 'conventionally'. It would have taken years for me to do what I did in ten months, and that is what made it possible - that I could SEE and end date - that I KNEW if I stayed the course (and I did - 100% adherence) that it would be acheivable - and what really gave me the confidence and courage to commit to this was a simple questions:

"What would you rather do - continue to stuff yourself and get bigger and bigger - OR - acheive what had only been a DREAM and actually be slim and healthy"

When I looked at it that way it was a no brainer - I knew the answer.

It is a SHORT period of your life that you will be giving up food. A mere fraction. I really encourage you to consider it because when those of us with more then about 50 pounds to lose - this is the miracle godsend we all prayed for in the dark lonely hours.....

You can do it!!! And there are loads of us here to help you along the way. You will not be alone. :)

I would keep after LL< as sometimes they are slow to return calls - you shouldb e able to find an LLC i your area by a post code search adn speak to them directly?

Anyway - we're all behind you!!!

xx

Hey BL! You've gone too far! That is really great. It seems that LL is really working for you. Other than LL, what else do you do for maintenance? I've only started my diet this May, so far, I can see positive results.

Thanks! It did work for me!! And more importantly, I maintained for nearly 2 years.

Unfortunately, I had a year from hell lastyear, and after months of fighitng the good fight gave in to the voices andtook comfort. :( But I am back to sort that out again - because I know it can be done!! :)

I completely changed my food lifestyle during those 2 years of maintenance - I ate healthy - I had some indulgences - but the main thing - I exercised regularly. That is, as much as we hate it, a very big key to my success.

I found after the diet, I did not want or crave the naughty things I once used to think I could not live without. Al I wanted was healthy fuel. :)
xx

This won't load?

I am jut curious if they are PRO vlcd's or ANTI vlcd's?

If they are anti - I wonder if they did a side by side story on whether or not it is healthy carrying around excess weight? :)

Anyway - shame the link won't open to the story.

it works when i click on it, weird :confused: they're very pro VLCD actually:

http://www.minimins.com/news-please-read/94721-times-article-do-vlcds-work-they-safe.html

here's the link to the minimins news article (containing the link)

Thanks everyone! Had a read of the article.which was really helpful. I have just spoken to a local LLC and we are meeting on Monday for a chat, she was lovely and when I explained a bit about my weight and background she was reassuring and said she has helped lots of people like me. And she genuinely seemed unsurprised when I said my weight almost like "oh is that all!" So I'm gonna spend some time doing some more research and work out all the questions I wanna ask.

Awesome - good luck Jaydee

Welcome Jayde
I can only agree with everything BL has said to you.
LL really changed my life too -
Good luck if you decide to go ahead. If you are really serious about wanting to lose weight and ready to make the commitment then this is the place for you.
:welcome2:

Welcome Jayde and good luck with your chat on Monday.
Having a good LLC is such an important part of the programme - it can really make all the difference & it sounds like you hit it off with yours.

LL has seriously changed my life & the same is true for so many others here - hope it will be the same for you as well :)

Welcome Jayde! Good luck on your journey. I think that the dizziness you are feeling is the initial reaction of your body to your diet program. Maybe you can observe it for a few days. If you are still feeling the same for maybe about 3 or 4 days, then you might want to change your plan. We have different programs here but we all have the same goal.

Good luck on your chat this Monday!

Welcome Jayde! Good luck on your journey. I think that the dizziness you are feeling is the initial reaction of your body to your diet program. Maybe you can observe it for a few days. If you are still feeling the same for maybe about 3 or 4 days, then you might want to change your plan. We have different programs here but we all have the same goal.

Good luck on your chat this Monday!

there's no need to worry if it occurs just after you stand up, the dizziness is a documented side affect of VLCD's, it explains it in the side effects section little square book you got when you started that contains all the info, although i don't think they hand it out anymore as i never got one this time...

Good luck, jayde! LL is fab-u-lous! If you take the time when you're abstaining from food to really think about and recognize your triggers and reasons for gaining in the first place, and start planning some ways to behave differently, it really really can work. I've only been maintaining a few months but i am learning all the time. So far it's a miracle to me that I've been the same (slim) size for months now! Never thought it was possible!

I still have my moments - but the maintenance program, and this website, are brilliant sources of inspiration and encouragement. Good luck!

Spanglymum said:
Good luck, jayde! LL is fab-u-lous! If you take the time when you're abstaining from food to really think about and recognize your triggers and reasons for gaining in the first place, and start planning some ways to behave differently, it really really can work. I've only been maintaining a few months but i am learning all the time. So far it's a miracle to me that I've been the same (slim) size for months now! Never thought it was possible!

I still have my moments - but the maintenance program, and this website, are brilliant sources of inspiration and encouragement. Good luck!

Thanks! I have been doing lots of thinking and reading and really think this might be it for me do I can't wait for the meeting. X

How are you getting on, jayde?

Back