Thinking of joining

sammyzip50

Silver Member
Hello!

Is SW quite straightforward with meals and foods being free or is there a lot of meals made from scratch etc.? I want hassle free as much as it can be and wondered about the EE option.

Thanks in advance.

It can be hassle free. If you want to have veg for example but cant be bothered to prepare them one night then the steam fresh ones are free. I dont really eat convenience foods anyway though there are some that are low synned (Aldi chicken fillet in bacon with cheese only 1 syn, serve that with steam fresh veg and a few boiled potatos and its a lovely low syn meal).

I prefer cooking from scratch - think the jars of pasta sauce etc are quite highish but I wouldnt use them anyway (much happier with a tin of chopped tomatoes, onion and some herbs)

Its great for eating out as a lot of stuff can be worked out easily.

hi there sammyzip.

its funny because last week time got away from me so i instead of my usual from scratch pasta sauce (passata, tinned toms, puree, garlic salt and pepper and herbs, really easy) i chucked a jar of dolmio in with the sketti and got 'this isnt as nice, what have you differently '' comments of the hub and kids.

these plans can be very straight forward and uncomplicated once you understand the basic rules, and there is always someone around on here to help you out if you get stuck.

can i ask why you think from scratch would mean hassle? if you are super busy i would suggest avoiding ready meals as they can be very syn loaded.

best of luck xx

Take a look at the diaries on here just so you can see what people are eating, also look at the recipe thread for ideas.

hi there sammyzip.

its funny because last week time got away from me so i instead of my usual from scratch pasta sauce (passata, tinned toms, puree, garlic salt and pepper and herbs, really easy) i chucked a jar of dolmio in with the sketti and got 'this isnt as nice, what have you differently '' comments of the hub and kids.

these plans can be very straight forward and uncomplicated once you understand the basic rules, and there is always someone around on here to help you out if you get stuck.

can i ask why you think from scratch would mean hassle? if you are super busy i would suggest avoiding ready meals as they can be very syn loaded.

best of luck xx

Thanks for your reply. I have been on a lot of diets and mostly unsuccessful to be honest. However the process has been quite tiring and looking for something that I can sustain. I don't want to count or weigh foods and spends hours in the kitchen. I have to make this approach not the only thing in my life and be able to enjoy it with losing weight as a bonus.

The beauty of sw is you very rarely have to weigh or count. You tend to get your fave syns in your head and know what you want for your healthy extras (mine are always milk for coffee and 2 Alpen Light bars!!)

Free food is such a fantastic concept as theres always something you can eat - you dont run out of it half way through the day

I think you can cook if you want or not cook !

I barely cook.. I find passata with herbs handy. Tinned veg and a lot of free meal options

I prefer cold food .. so that helps. I don't spend more than 20 minutes a day prepping food for tea & lunchbox

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Its as easy or a complex as you make it. Take it from someone who has done ww (its simpler) Dukan (its cheaper) Atkins (its more sustainable) slim fast (all of the above) low gi (you fart less)

with a few choice gadgets (I couldn't manage without my actifry) it can be incredibly low maintenance. You don't have all the low fat ready meals and snacks in the supermarket that ww produce but they do nothing to break bad snacking habits and also do nothing for your purse so I was glad to see the back of them. This does mean a certain amount more thought needs to go into your food. This becomes like second nature over time and you don't even think about it

The beauty of sw is you very rarely have to weigh or count. You tend to get your fave syns in your head and know what you want for your healthy extras (mine are always milk for coffee and 2 Alpen Light bars!!)

Free food is such a fantastic concept as theres always something you can eat - you dont run out of it half way through the day

this!

xx

Fantastic - good luck with it.

Good luck.... It's the only ''diet'' I've ever stuck to, have lost 10 pounds in 4 weeks and I don't even feel like I'm on a diet.....bought fab new clothes last night too....loving it xxxx

Back