Thinking of joining

sv1711

I started to do a meal replacement but when I came off I got attacked by gall stones has anyone ever had this. I'm thinking of joining ws as it's says vlcd can cause gall stones any opinions please xx

Yes I did a vLCD and got gall stones then during my pregnancy my liver started to fail and I had to have emergency surgery when my baby was 6 weeks old. Liver tests all normal now but would never do a VLCD again! Xx

Ola!

I've done cambridge in the past - a couple of times - I never had any problems with my gallbladder/gallstones.

Everyone is different, and I suppose it must be just unlucky if you do suffer problems with it.

Lxx

Slimming World is a very healthy, balanced diet, but also low-fat so you may need to be careful. I personally find that now if I eat a high-fat meal (even if it's just lots of healthy olive oil), I do get stomach pains and feel sick, and I've heard that this may be because the gallbladder is not used to oils any more and works more slowly. So when I get to my target, I am going to gradually reintroduce healthy oils like olive oil to avoid future problems.

Maybe talk to your doctor about ways you can adapt your diet to prevent gallbladder problems in the future - whether it would be best for you to avoid fats, or to include them (eg olive oil as a healthy extra B). I think most doctors would agree that unless you need to lose a lot of weight quickly to save your life or something, a VLCD is not the way to go and something like SW is more likely to be recommended.

Back