Thinking of leaving class and going alone!

lotty28

Silver Member
Hey everyone. Well i have been doinh sw since end of feb and have lost 9lbs. i am getting a bit fed up of groups and thinking doing it alone at home and using this board for support. has anyone else left group to go alone and was it successful for you? xx

I left in december and i'm going back nxt week lol think I need th shame of every1 knowing i've had a sts or a gain and th pride when I lose try a different group if ya can do ya stay for the whole meeting? X

Oh and a quite a few people on here do it alone no probs think it just depends on the person x

Haha my c says well done to everyone nd it can be a bit repetitive but just think how u feel when u get ur clap do a search on here to speak to people who have succeeded good luck xx

I have done the opposit!
Did SW from home on my own for 8 months and lost nearly 4 stone. Lost only a few lb's between the end of november and the start of march though! I needed someone to keep me on track.
Going it alone is easy if you have real motivation and determination. I got to the point where i was quite happy with my weight, enjoing the compliments etc etc....But i knew i needed to lose a bit more and had lost my willpower.
When going it alone its sooo easy to say ''ah well, i'll just have a bit of cake/choc/etc'' Only the scales could tell me things i didnt want to hear! Now however i feel group is the best thing for me. I know my weight will be recorded and dread the thought of having a gain and being asked about it!! Lol.

Group is very repetative and i must say i get board. It is very happy-clappy! But that spurs me on...i want the clapping to be aimed at me :) I will always stay to group if i can, thats the bit that counts!!! And hopefully it wont be long untill i am at target and get to go for free....a fiver a week is alot really!!! Good luck with whatever you decide on doing hun. Minimins is a FANTASTIC support xx

Good luck with your weight loss journey..

I'm one of those going it alone but I know it's not for everyone.

I read a post from someone else thinking of doing this and she decided to book some holiday with her consultant and give it a try on her own still leaving the option open to go back to group. I think that's a good idea if you are not sure, it is a lot of money just to weigh and go if you are not getting anything out of group.

I'm going to a group but think i'd be better going it alone. Went there last night and C never even spoke :sigh: I only lost a pound but thought as it was only my second week i would of got a bit more encouragement! The first week she never said much either but text to say well done later that night. She just doesn't seeem interested. Does anyone know how easy it is to leave? Would i have to say or do i just not turn up?

Perhaps the problem is your group. I found the first group i went to very happy clappy and the whole time was just spent reading out the losses and clapping. My new group though is brilliant. There is not that many that stay at my time so we all have gotten to know each other well and we don't spend a lot of time on the weights and do mroe chatting and laughing as a result. I think doing it on your own can become lonely, and as you have noone to prove anything to but yourself you can easily go off the path.

I am an advocate for staying at the groups otherwise you won't find out the latest news, but if you really dont like it then you can try it on your own but i don't think you will get the same results.

I'm going to a group but think i'd be better going it alone. Went there last night and C never even spoke :sigh: I only lost a pound but thought as it was only my second week i would of got a bit more encouragement! The first week she never said much either but text to say well done later that night. She just doesn't seeem interested. Does anyone know how easy it is to leave? Would i have to say or do i just not turn up?

You just don't show up but i would be telling her that you don't feel she is giving you the support you need and you think you might be better somewhere else. Like my previous post says i didnt like my first one but i have found a lovely one now and i really feel like shes a friend and is there to help, not just because shes getting paid to be there.

I've been doing it alone for ages and ended up heavier as I have no discipline so if I stayed the same or put on then there was no one to have to explain it too so I just forgot about it and reach for a biscuit!

I joined group 7 weeks ago and I got my stone award last night! Group is definitely the way forward for me but my consultant is brilliant. I'd try and change groups rather than leave and go it alone but loads of ppl on here do it alone successfully unfortunately I'm not one of them! Good luck.

Hey,
I joined SW online 2 months ago and have to say I'm really enjoying it. I know I've never had the experience of going to group but I personally don't think it has affected my weight loss. Then again, this is the first time I've ever really put any effort in to losing weight so I'd say it's a mix of motivation and the ease of the plan.

Pigler said:
I read a post from someone else thinking of doing this and she decided to book some holiday with her consultant and give it a try on her own still leaving the option open to go back to group. I think that's a good idea if you are not sure, it is a lot of money just to weigh and go if you are not getting anything out of group.

That was me. I booked 3 wks hol (should have returned this wk) and I have not gone back. Ive only lost half a pound since but because of hols etc + choosing to have wk off but back comp focussed this wk. This would have been same if gone to group. Not missing my c at all but miss some of the people but I am saving £25 wk that goes towards sw food.

Sw is a way of life / eating plan for me now!

Hi,
I've tried to do it at home before and i'm ok for the first few weeks but then just go down hill. I stay to group for the encouragement i get off the other members. I must say though i have a fantastic and funny consultant but i have joined SW groups many times and have been bored to death when i stayed to group. I really do think it makes a huge difference if you've got a consultant that actually cares about their members and its not just a job to them.

Maybe it maybe best to try another group.

Good luck

Hey bernie, i have just joined forum this evening. I am starting back on SW plan but on my own this time. I really hope I have the motivation to stick with it too!

Sending you my support *hugs* :)

Muffin

I'm one of those going it alone but I know it's not for everyone.

I used to just pay to get weighed then leave straight away cuz something always came up. =/ Kind of bugged me when I'd think of what else I could spend my £5 on. lol

Hiya Muffin.....loving the name.

I just joined the forums today too. I didn't even know there were these kind of forums about until i did a google search for syn free sausages.
I think this forum will help with the motivation. I've been scanning some of the threads and they seem really good.
I've sent you a friend request because i thought seeing has we both joined the forum the same day it would be nice to keep in contact with each other. I think it helps so much having a slimming buddies.

Good luck with starting again and this time your going to do it. We'll be slinky for summer x

Bernie x

Back