Thinking of Low carbing!

*helen71*

Hiya

I am sick of trying different diets and failing and need something I can stick to. Tried slimfast today and only had one for brekkie then a chicken salad for lunch.

I am going to try and get Dr Charles Clarke's book rather than atkins i have posted this on atkins board as well.

Does anyone have any advice / opinion on this? I am under the impression you can have a bit more veg on this one!

Thanks

Helen x x

Hi Helen, I have used Dr Charles Clarke's High Protein diet with some success. If I remember correctly you can have up to 50g carbs which includes things like toast. As with Atkins it talks a lot about insulin and how to keep the spikes down but it's not a diet where you can get into ketosis and so progress is slow and hunger can be a problem. May be a good diet to use as an alternative to Atkins maintenance but in my personal opinion if you are going to do low carbing with conviction then Atkins is the way to go.

Hi helen,

I'm on Atkins maint and my carb intake is between 50 and 60 gram a day, still mainly form green veggies but I do have bread and rice occasionally.

Back