thinking of moving from dukan!

niche8139

I'm thinking of moving from dukan, I'm not struggling I just think that if you can lose weight whilst eating cheese then why not!

I'm italian & I am missing cheese but even more im missing olive oil!

I'm quite worried about gaining obviously because dukan is sooo strick I'm thinking as soon as I eat anything I'm going to balloon!! Advice please.

Hi and welcome. Atkins is great because we get to eat lovely meals and still lose weight. However for some of us cheese is a staller. I am one of those.:(
Some of the others on here have moved over from Dukan and done extremely well. So good luck, read the stickies and our diaries and post often so we can support and help you. :)

Hello - i too did dukan and missed my cheese. I find atkins is much easier with oil and butter too. You shouldnt gain at all and if you do its only water weight being allowed veg every day x

Well it worked for me as you can see from my losses. I feel so much happier and satiated on Atkins. Dukan was just too hard for me to stick to with no fat as there was a limit on how much protein I could force myself to eat to keep hunger at bay.

With atkins I can eat a bit of fat (eg, olive oil) with my meat and it makes all the difference.For example I now have just one chicken breast, whereas on Dukan i would have to eat 2 and still feel unsatisfied. Also you can have veg every day which feels more natural than every other day.

Different things work for different people but why not give a go. :)

I really think you need fats in your diet to lose weight (and keep it off). Fat fills you up much more than protein.

Hi everyone, thanks for all the replies. Seriously Gona think bout it over the weekend. Louise did you gain when you started & how long did you do dukan for?

I switched from dukan and had a great loss in my first Atkins week x

Sent from my Nexus S using MiniMins

Hi everyone, thanks for all the replies. Seriously Gona think bout it over the weekend. Louise did you gain when you started & how long did you do dukan for?

I did Dukan for 2 weeks. Not long! Then switched to Atkins with no break in between and lost 4lbs in first week. Now on second week of Atkins and still loving it!

Back