Thinking of switching to WW

fatfighter

wannabe yummy mummy
I'm currently doing SW, have lost 1st in 4 weeks which I'm really pleased with but I'm not enjoying the diet and don't think its something I can stick to long term because of that.
I like the idea that I can eat "normally" with WW and I think I have more or less decided to give WW a go but was just wondering how points are worked out. I've done the points quiz so I know how many points I can have each day, but don't really know how the diet works. (Eg is 1point 1gram of fat etc?) All help / ideas welcome :)

You know, I have NO idea how theyre worked out lol I know 1 point is around 75 cals with maybe 0.5 sat fat. Its not something Ive tried to work out.

If youre starting, Id invest in an electronic calculator, theyre brilliant and perfect for taking round Asda etc with you ;)

I'm going to talk to my SW consultant at WI tomorrow and probably join WW next week :D I'' buy a calculator at first meeting, thanks for the tip :)

:Dgood luck i have just changed from cd bk to ww and doing gret, i got the points calculator and the eating out books and shopping guide,very helpful,let me no how you get on xx

Thanks Gemma, I sayed the same at WI this morning, gutted but think (hope) its just water retention. Starting WW on monday evening, can anyone tell me the format of the meetings? I have to be honest and say I find SW a little bit too OTT in a happy, clappy way which puts me off staying to the meetings, I'd be mortified if they picked on me (even if I'd lost!) is WW the same?

hi hun,
How are you doing?
I cant help with meeting info, i do ww at home. It's just easier and cheaper for me. Plus i too am not into the clapping and praising i get embarrased in them situations.
I just bought a ww calculator from ebay. A notebook from whsmith to write down everything that i am eating! Thats all i need and the support from fellow ww's on mini mins!
I tried sw b4, but found it a lot harder than ww. With ww i can eat the same as my family and can eat pratically anything i want as long as i point it. Also have you seen the online eating out guide?
/http://www.freewebs.com/noreenblackett/index.htm
If you like your takeaways etc its great really helpful!
When can you ever have a chinese/kebab/mc donalds on sw...well with ww you can.
Good luck and any questions just ask
xxx

I joined a WW class 2 weeks ago - it will be my 2nd weigh in tomorrow. In ours weigh in comes first then paying then there is another stand with things to buy and then I've been staying for the class too. Finding it very comfortable

Irene xx

Thanks for the link Laurie thats a fab site. I've already got me a notebook and fully intend buying the eating out & shopping guide and the points calculator on monday. ;)
So glad you're getting on well with WW Irene, good luck for tomorrow too :)

Thanks for the link Laurie thats a fab site. I've already got me a notebook and fully intend buying the eating out & shopping guide and the points calculator on monday. ;)
So glad you're getting on well with WW Irene, good luck for tomorrow too :)

Good luck huni, i have been told the ww meeting are alot different to sw,my mum used to doo sw but prefered ww, i have my wi tonight :D

Back