Thinking of Trying Lipotrim - last chance??

Cherry Blossom

In it for the long haul!
Hi all....

I am 31 years old and have been a 'big girl' all my life. I have done weight watchers and slimming world in the past, but I find I get bored very easily and having such a huge amount of weight to loose can be very de-motivating.

I have been TTC for over 7 years and having become an aunty for the first time (BIL's baby girl born today) NOW is the time I really need to address my weight so that my fertility can be explored further.

I couldn't loose weight for my wedding (well 2 stone but only because I had the mad idea to order my dress 2 sizes smaller!). I haven't even been able to loose weight merely at the thought of trying for a baby - making others think I am not serious about it, as if it was that easy!

Over the last few years I have STS at 20 stone-ish. I obviously need to drop this dramatically ideally to a BMI of at least 30. At the moment I have a real goal in mind... my younger sister gets married in august 2011 and I would really love to think that my baby girl or boy could be part of the wedding party. So now I have to find a way to loose weight and stick with it.

I started alone with slimming world two weeks ago and while I have the best intentions I know a few weeks in I'll get disheartened with the results, I'll be blinded at seeing any progress, give in and eat even more to compensate for being such a failure - well you might as well!!

So I found this forum a few weeks ago and joined up. I started to look at some before and after pics a few days ago and the Lipotrim diet seemed 'too good to be true'. I have spent the last two days reading up on the interweb all about it and after a great deal of soul searching I think that this may be just what I am after. I know it won't be easy, but what weight loss is?

I tend to be a binge eater - only today turning to food to get me through the birth of my niece (how pathetic am I?). Anyway I am hoping that taking food out of the equation will allow me to 'retrain' my brain towards it. Also the bigger than average weight losses will, I think, give me a real sense of acheivement to keep going.

My huge concern is excess skin though. While I appreciate in any diet this can be an issue I was just wondering what people's experience of this has been when the weight loss is so quick?

I thank you if you have managed to read this far, and I hope that I will be able to actively take part in this forum more with you.

Hi MrsCQ I have been on lipotrim for 5 weeks now. I didn't think I would be able to stick to it, but its a frame of mind. I had looked at the pictures and read about the amazing weight loss of people. It's like reading those magazines, you think it would be nice to lose it but feel it could never happen for you. Well I have been on every diet there is and kept putting weight on. Now I have found this and the weight is falling off. The hardest part is not being hungry but thinking your hungry. Your brain keeps telling you to eat, but its out of habit. Honestly I am the worst when it comes to diets, but this really does work.
The skin thing bothers me as well and I have noticed it a bit under my chin. I figure though that I was not attractive before being so fat and rolly that I would rather have some loose skin I can hide under clothing and be able to move and be healthy and live longer that be fat unfit and die early. I can already move better and this diet does make you feel better. You just need to get through the first week. The freedom you feel getting away from having to think about food is wonderful. You can't cheat or go wrong because you just don't eat. It's so simple. If you want I will happily buddy with you to keep you motivated and everyone on here is lovely so you have lots to help you. I wish you the best of luck, do this and it will happen faster than you can imagine. You have nothing to lose but weight and so much to gain. :D

Hey! and welcome :)

Personally, i think LT is the best thing i ever did. I too was a binge eater but after losing 8st i just dont want to go back there which only makes you more determined.

Lipotrim gives fast and good results if you stick to it to the letter (and has on occasion been know to increase fertility, we've had a few girls on here fall pregnant whilst on LT) but dont let that be the reason you are wanting to join LT.

You need to do this diet for yourself, not just to have a baby but to get yourself into a healthy weight range. Dont take any notice of the BMI, i think its a load of rubbish, all that matters is that you feel happy and more energetic being a lower weight.

LT is an extreme diet, but i think im proof it works :giggle: Your dream of having your own child attend that wedding in 2011 is in reach but only you can decide if your going to grab it.

Excess skin, yes you will more than likely get some. The older you are the less elasticity you have in your skin which can result in excess skin - but would you rather still be overweight & unhappy or have a bit of excess skin?

Good luck if you decide to start LT - it will probably be hard at first but if you can stick you it you will have amazing results :) x

Hi , I am now on my 4th weeks of LT and have lost 20 lb so far .. amazing !!! I too have been overweight all my life and have tried and failed at slimming world, etc etc . I see it that I am addicted to food , and like giving up smoking , it is impossible to do if you just cut down adn try and smoke a few a day , like HAVING to eat a bit on a diet , I am finding it 'easier' to go cold turkey and have NO food at all ! dont get me wrong , in many ways it is much harder than a normal diet , I have a big emotional tie with food and find I get quite upset about not having any , but no other diet has such amazing results , I am loosing weight faster than someone I know who had a gastric band so its great :)
You have a great motivator and just keep thinking off that .. and it will get you through it .
Dont be put off on your first day as the shakes are nasty when you first start but as your taste bubs start to 'forget' normal food and all the slat and sugar you will actually start to enjoy them ( I can only take the chocolate and strawberry at the mo )
Most of all , good luck, stay strong and come on here for lots of support
Katie xx

Dont be put off on your first day as the shakes are nasty when you first start

I dont mean to be rude but not everyone will find the shakes nasty. I for one didnt and i expected to as i dont like milkshakes or anything of the sort. You cant take advice like this you have to try things for yourself. The same with the flapjacks and the soup - sure the majority dont like them but there are a few that do :)

Good luck. just take it day by day and keep the reasons why you want to loose weight at the forefront of your mind. imagine how you are going to feel when you are the size/shape you want to be. keep on this site, read posts and look at the inspirational slide show (a personal favorite and motivater).oh and keep busy!x

I agree with everyone else. LP is the best thing iv ever done and although its not easy the results each week are brilliant... totally worth the sacrifice! Just think about the reasons you are doing it and itll get you through! :) good luck!

welcome to lipotrim. You obviously have done a lot of thinking and soul searching together with a lot of research. Mentally, you seem to be in the right frame of mind for this diet.
The first few weeks will be a bit tough. You will get into the routine quickly and it will become second nature to you. Above all else, you must not allow anyone or anything coax you to have that meal or that drink. Be clear from the start that this is what you are committed to and you will enjoy the same successes as so many on here do.
Losing the weight will only be half the battle. Use your time on LT to think about when and why you eat. The real test will be when you reffed and go into maintenance. Read all the threads on refeed and maintenance sections to get a flavour of how everyone copes.
My own tip to you is to try the shakes every way and any way, try the flapjacks as well. You will find your own preferences after a while. The top tip is water. Drink between two and four litres a day little by little not in big pint glass loads. Water will help with initial carb withdrawals, headaches etc and most importantly it will keep any hunger pangs at bay.
Best of all, in three to four weeks you will see real differences in your body and this will help keep you strong. Lots and lots of luck to you. This forum will keep you strong when you feel tempted.

Thank you all for your replies. They have meant so much to me and just confirmed even more that I know I must try this. I have spoken with my DH and he has doubts and concerns.

I am going to make an appointment with my doctors and I am hoping that I will be able to follow this program through them.

Part of me can't wait and part of me is full of dread of failing.

But here's hoping.

Thank you all.

welcome! i agree with Tanya, it's the best thing to happen to me, and i tend to fail at all other diets, but not this one!!

if i had some top tips for success i think they'd be:

when you feel hungry, or just want to eat, drink water. fizzy or still, it fills you up and takes away the craving as they only last for 2 mins.

you cannot feel deprived. if your other half is having his dinner you cant sit thinking i wish i could have that as that is setting you up for failing. "nothing tastes as good as being slim feels".

get yourself some motivational aids, measure yourself all over and repeat it every months or so and look at the difference, take pictures of yourself, get a chart up to monitor your progress etc etc.

ask santa for some pampering things, nice creams and exfoliants etc as you'll get cold and a hot bath followed by some pampering helps to distract you from evening snacking and also makes you feel really good about yourself.

many lipotrimmers become cleaning freaks! your house will have never been so tidy!!

dont let the approaching christmas stop you from doing this. there are many more and you'll only feel bad about yourself for longer.

what are your hubby's doubts/concerns?

i really wish you the best of luck!! it's a wonderful thing to do, promise.
xxxx

Thanks for your lovely post Sarah.

I think DH is worried because it is something he doesn't understand. I showed him the video on the LT website and he seems to be coming round to the idea. He is a very slim man and loves his food (I really don't know where the lucky sod puts it). He is seeing it from his point of view at the moment 'if he could go TFR' rather than me who obviously has the motivation to do so.

I think it just came as a shock to him because it was a new concept to him... but only today he was really supporting me and saying how and when we should get the ball rolling.

I think LT could be perfect for me.... the weight losses would keep me motivated to continue. Me and my DH never eat the same thing anyway (I really couldn't eat as much as he does and we have very different tastes) so that will help. I love drinking water. I hate having to think about 'what to eat' and will often skip meals for this very reason (very bad habits).

I do have a little concern about christmas but then I think... if I leave it until after then thats 4 weeks lost. I hate turkey so not a big fan of christmas dinner. I don't drink alcohol so that isn't an issue.

Actually I am kind of hoping LT is a diet made specifically with someone like me in mind.

I am hoping my start date will be mid-week next week (need to see docs first).

Thanks again to everyone... you have all given me a little hope back.

i think his concerns are quite normal. my boyfriend was very supportive from day 1 - his attitude was just whatever it takes to make you happy. its a bit change for them as well as us. my boyfriend really misses up cooking together and sitting up at the table and having a meal. i do still cook with him but he misses eating together. he has told me its so worth it to see me so happy though. although he's really looking forward to me refeeding!!

it is quite extreme, people tend to not believe that you don't have ANY food at all and they think its shakes in the day and a meal at night. bring him on here to have a look at us lot and our experiences and successes - hopefully it'll reassure him that we're all healthy and happy and it's not going to hurt you. quite the opposite!!

good luck at the docs - that will hopefully reassure him too, its monitored by clinical people!

xxxx

bring him on here to have a look at us lot and our experiences and successes - hopefully it'll reassure him that we're all healthy and happy and it's not going to hurt you. quite the opposite!!

I spent last night showing him the before and after pictures that made me decide this was right for me. He was amazed... he even commented that most of the signatures even stated that the weight hade maintained for some time afterwards. He is the only one I am going to tell about LT at this point... my family and friends can wait a while yet, really don't want to have to explain it over and over again... would prefer them to be impressed with the results and then I'll let them know how it's done.

I think that some of my friends and family are intimidated by any substantial weight loss that I may have... I have always been bigger than everyone else... it's comforting for them to know 'at least they are smaller than me'. I think they will have more adapting to do than me. People think my big bubbly personality comes from 'my fat'... oh dear how they will learn when personality is mixed with new found energy!!

MrsCQ

Welcome!! As you can see, there's plenty of support on here, which is invaluable - as far as I'm concerned.

Your post struck a chord with me, so thought I'd drop you a reply -

I'm 32, always been on the 'big' side. Lost a little for my wedding but not much.
Always lost a little on diets / exercising etc but never stuck to anything long term and I have never seen any real results.

A few years ago we starting TTC. AFter 2 years, we started on our 'investigations' and I was told the NHS would not consider me until I lost a LOT of weight.

Same as you, because I didn't, Dr's - and actually, my husband - didn't think I was serious enough about it (my hubby only told me recently).
The years we spent TTC were the most miserable I have ever been, as I found it all consuming - mind, body and emotionally!
It affected my job, my relationship with my husband and my friends, my sleep etc.

Eventually, whilst I was s-l-o-w-l-y dieting, we looked at the private route and found a way that was affordable.

I found LT just weeks before my eggs were harvested and lost 21lbs. I always said I'd come back as soon as I could, as I was amazed - and annoyed - if only I'd found it when the NHS said I needed to loose all that weight.
Could've saved me a lot of money!!

However, all of that being said, the private Dr's (and the NHS in fairness) all said that weight will NOT stop you from conceiving - unless it is affecting your cycle (i.e. extreme over or under weight) but the NHS have sooo many people waiting, it's another way of reducing the numbers.

So, back on it now - as had to wait to be so many months past birth!!

It's hard at times - and not cos you're hungry but because of the habits - but it helps you recognise those habits and gives you reflection time, to decide how you'll deal with them once you're back eating...and slim!!

Sorry for the long winded post - hope it helps and good luck x x

p.s. If you ever want to chat, just let me know - I'm happy to talk about what we went though and the options we found. I'm lucky to have been blessed with a little miracle and wish everyone who struggles the same luck x

Back