Thinking of trying Xenical

ruth43

Soon to be Slim
Hi, I have an appointment with my G.P on Wednesday to see if she will prescribed me Xenical. I'm 45 years old and have 5 stone to loose, I can't believe I got this big! I'm only 5 foot tall, I should weigh about 8 stone but weigh just under 13 stone, I have a bad back and painful feet so don't exercise. My BMI is about 33.7 so I think I have a good chance of her prescribing it for me, what do you think?

So what should I expect from taking it, how do you feel on it? I overeat, binge on what is not good for me. I can, when I put my mind to it, eat and cook healthy meals but I then eat a packet of biscuits or lots of cheese.

I thought to make it easier for myself I may have a Weight Watchers ready meal every night for the first week, would this be OK? I want to count calories and I think for my height and sedentary lifestyle, even though I have a 4 year old to chase after, I should eat around 1300 calories a day.

Any information to help me get started (if the G.P gives me Xenical) would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Ruth

Last edited:
Hi

There's an excellent thread for new starters in the stickies section at the top.

You would really have to change your eating habits to avoid the tango effect :)

Personally I don't touch ready meals as I prefer to cook real food but I know a lot if people have them particularly if they work shifts or long hours so I would imagine a week if them would be fine although you would still need to check that the fat content is 5g or less per 100g

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've got my appointment with G.P tomorrow I just hope she agrees to giving me Xenical, wish me luck. I've decided not to eat ready meals at all but cook from scratch instead, I have an order from Tescos coming tomorrow and I've spent all evening writing down in a notebook all the foods I think I may eat in the near future and listed them with calories counts and fat grams so I can make it easier for myself in the future. I've bought the Alli book from ebay for £2.50 so hoping it will have some good recipes and helpful tips in even though this isn't Alli but similar so can't wait for it to arrive. Will let you know tomorrow what happens at the G.P.

Hi, you sound just like me.

I also have a 4 year old to run around after but largely have a sedentary lifestyle - I just never seem to have the time or inclination. I am capable of losing weight, i've done it lots in the past. Then I go through a period of eating rubbish constantly, packets of biscuits, crisps etc and before you know it I'm 3 stone heavier.

Good luck at the Drs.

I've lost 17lbs recently but I'm still 17.5 stone. So I asked my Dr for Xenical. I am being good at counting calories using MFP, 1300 a day, but wasn't really paying attention to fat grams. Now I am though.
I'm just hoping that the xenical will help me to be accountable over next couple of weeks over christmas. Or if not, then at least I'm making changes now that I can implement again in January.

Hi, you sound just like me.

I also have a 4 year old to run around after but largely have a sedentary lifestyle - I just never seem to have the time or inclination. I am capable of losing weight, i've done it lots in the past. Then I go through a period of eating rubbish constantly, packets of biscuits, crisps etc and before you know it I'm 3 stone heavier.

Good luck at the Drs.

I've lost 17lbs recently but I'm still 17.5 stone. So I asked my Dr for Xenical. I am being good at counting calories using MFP, 1300 a day, but wasn't really paying attention to fat grams. Now I am though.
I'm just hoping that the xenical will help me to be accountable over next couple of weeks over christmas. Or if not, then at least I'm making changes now that I can implement again in January.

Hi, thanks for you post, you are doing really well having lost 17lbs, keep up the good work! I got my prescription today and took my first capsule with my lunch at 12pm. I'm feeling really motivated at the moment, I'm keeping a food diary as well and I'm going to start a dairy on here, do you have one?

Take care,
Ruth

Back