third super free question

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by hope to be slim, 17 August 2011 Social URL.

1. hope to be slim

hope to be slim Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.72%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi all

I know this is probably a silly question but I need to know i am doing ok.

When I cook a spag bol i use a lot of veg but it difficult to know if it is a third of my plate but I have fruit for afters. can this count as my third as it eaten straight after or not. I not keen on salad with this meal.

thanks for your help
    t xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    As long as its superfree then yes I think that would be fine to have the fruit afterwards. If I make spag bol I literally put tons of onion, carrot, mushrooms, peppers and sometimes grated corgette to make sure I am getting a 1/3 superfree, but it can be hard.

4. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Yes you can count the fruit as part of your 1/3 superfree, BUT be careful not to eat it as an 'extra' *as well as* your main meal. If you're going to use your 1/3 Superfree like this then you need to reduce the portion size of your spag bol as that is the whole point in the 1/3 superfree - to reduce the amount you eat of the higher-calories non-superfree (spaghetti, meat etc) - so fill up 2/3 of your plate with spag and bol and leave the other 1/3 empty (although it wouldn't need to be a full third as you have onions, tomatoes etc in your spag bol already)

having said that it shouldn't be difficult to make a spag bol 1/3 superfree. Make it 1/3 of a plate spaghetti and make the bolognese half mince, half tomatoes/onion/veggies and that's it. Easy.

5. hope to be slim

hope to be slim Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.72%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    thanks for your help.

I had a load of stuff in with meat so prob almosta third was veg. will just add more next time. I tend to try and eat smaller portions and then top up with fruit.

its taking a while to get used to it but I am getting there and so far not missing my treats too much.

xx

6. youcanhumpmyleg

youcanhumpmyleg Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.75%)
    Diet:
    SW
    i find it difficult too with anything like spag bol i mean last night i had turkey mince meatballs and pasta : S and only a bit of tomatoes and onions so i obv didnt have 1/3 there, later on though i did stuff my face with strawberries and raspberries : / but it was a big plate full off pasta eeekkkk x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.