third super free question

hope to be slim

hi all

I know this is probably a silly question but I need to know i am doing ok.

When I cook a spag bol i use a lot of veg but it difficult to know if it is a third of my plate but I have fruit for afters. can this count as my third as it eaten straight after or not. I not keen on salad with this meal.

thanks for your help
t xx

As long as its superfree then yes I think that would be fine to have the fruit afterwards. If I make spag bol I literally put tons of onion, carrot, mushrooms, peppers and sometimes grated corgette to make sure I am getting a 1/3 superfree, but it can be hard.

hi all

I know this is probably a silly question but I need to know i am doing ok.

When I cook a spag bol i use a lot of veg but it difficult to know if it is a third of my plate but I have fruit for afters. can this count as my third as it eaten straight after or not. I not keen on salad with this meal.

thanks for your help
t xx

Yes you can count the fruit as part of your 1/3 superfree, BUT be careful not to eat it as an 'extra' *as well as* your main meal. If you're going to use your 1/3 Superfree like this then you need to reduce the portion size of your spag bol as that is the whole point in the 1/3 superfree - to reduce the amount you eat of the higher-calories non-superfree (spaghetti, meat etc) - so fill up 2/3 of your plate with spag and bol and leave the other 1/3 empty (although it wouldn't need to be a full third as you have onions, tomatoes etc in your spag bol already)

having said that it shouldn't be difficult to make a spag bol 1/3 superfree. Make it 1/3 of a plate spaghetti and make the bolognese half mince, half tomatoes/onion/veggies and that's it. Easy.

thanks for your help.

I had a load of stuff in with meat so prob almosta third was veg. will just add more next time. I tend to try and eat smaller portions and then top up with fruit.

its taking a while to get used to it but I am getting there and so far not missing my treats too much.

xx

i find it difficult too with anything like spag bol i mean last night i had turkey mince meatballs and pasta : S and only a bit of tomatoes and onions so i obv didnt have 1/3 there, later on though i did stuff my face with strawberries and raspberries : / but it was a big plate full off pasta eeekkkk x

Back