this calculator and me do not get on lol, help!

queenvic

right i brought a low fat natural yogurt today from lidl, wasnt sure if it was syns or not realy, so thought i'd use the online calculator to be sure, anyway it said it was 1 syn per 100g which isnt much but not worth useing a syn for lol. anyway i calculated it again, but did it per portion (500g) and it was free, so which one is telling the truth?? could someone check for me lol or verify this lol thx!

cals -62
protein - 5.1
fat - 1.5
carbs - 6.2
size - 500g

When I put those numbers in, and portion as 500g, I get 15 1/2 syns! :O

hmmmm... i dont know what to say lol, i made sure though i put it on free food and as yogurt, did you do this?

Oooh, no I didn't... hang on, I'll try again!

If I do it that way it comes up as 5 syns per 500g, which fits in with what you said.

Low fat natural yogurt is half a Syn per 100g. Only use the calculator as a last resort as it cant take all the compositions and quantities of free food into account, it is only a rough calculation. Use the brand search then the basic foods search first

thx for your help, never going to buy natural yog again though, and this one wasnt in the basic foods section :( i'll stick to the total 0% greek yog as this is free for defo as its listed in my free food book :)
its anoying though every super market i've been to are sold out :( no fair!

thx again :)

Back