This documentary blew my mind!

is it on iplayer?

I still can't believe a man went over a year without food just living from his own body fat! :O

Yeah - totally amazing!

Sounds interesting, will have to give it a watch. Perfect excuse for not doing my maths prep for uni next month haha

Ooh how did it go? Didn't think anyone was still at uni this time of year.

Just watched it, was very interesting. Is amazing how different people react. The idea of a virus that causes obesity seems crazy though! I'm not sure I agree completely with the last 5/6 mins, well some of it. I was surprised that they didn't mention the fact that starving the obese people until they lost 10% of their body weight and then giving them the right number of calories would have reduced their basal metabolic rate by a fair amount, more so than if they'd lost weight more healthily. I've heard about the thing where people's bodies end up setting a 'natural weight'. But to say that large weight loss isn't maintainable so you should aim for a smaller more maintainable weight loss I personally think is rubbish. I've lost 2 stone, that might be small and maintainable but I'm not done yet! But it is all really interesting. Seeing the fat in the bowl made me feel physically sick though! Definitely motivated me to get rid of mine!

When I watched it and considered the theory of fat people being fat and skinny people being skinny due to the body trying to maintain it's natural form. If a 300lb person reduced their weight to a weight defined as 'skinny', would the body try to maintain the thin physique... Boggles the mind...

I hope it changes, I don't want to always have my body trying to maintain being fat!

has anyone watched "food inc."? It's a documentary on youtube about the processed meat industry in America. It seriously put me off supermarket-bought meat and just processed food in general!

Back