This for me...

goolian

Fab & Fit For Florida
is the hardest day i've had so far...

just started week 7 and today has been soooo hard been feeling really hungry...

nearly gave in to eating a packet of crisps or opening a jar of asparagas and i have never felt like this before on the diet...

i haven't eaten to kick me out of ketosis but do you think i could have like fell out of ketosis???

or can you just have days like this???

*** bump ***

blimey it's soooo quiet it's depressing

Do you think its physical hunger or emotional? Are you due on TOTM, because i have mad cravings when i am due. Have you had enough water? You could try increasing youe water intake. If you have started to do some exercise or your runnig around alot that could make you hungry too.

If you have stuck to the diet 100% then you shouldnt have come out of ketosis. You have not ate food for nearly 2 months now, so maybe it is just hunger.

xx

I got days like that hun, I'd being ticking along merrily merrily and then suddenly I'd have a day of feeling like I could eat my own arm, the good news is it usually passes quite quickly if you grit your teeth!

Gxx

Hi hun, I have been feeling hungry the last two days too. I am a few days behind you. I am definately in ketosis cos I have checked. Think it must just be the monotony of only having a liquid diet!
Must stay focussed as am sure its just a phase. Got to stay positive and think of the long term goal. We must keep each other on track....we can do it......just think of the new wardrobe you are going to be able to buy.:D

i think i'm gonna put it down to OH not being here... he is at work at the mo, finishes at nine but then he is driving to lancashire to stay t his parent's so he can go get his suit for this wedding next weekend...

so i don't think he is gonna be back til sometime over the weekend :(

i think it's cos i'm on my own, and usually when he is away i comfort myself with food... crisps, toast etc.

You got this far, dont fall off the wagon!
Go for a walk but not past a take away!
Look at success story pictures, have a shower, have a pint of water, put the music channel on and have a sing and dance - anything to take your mind off of you know what!

Im only at day three, but I need you guys that are ahead to be strong as you lot are my inspiration.

You know you can do it, all the best

well theres your answer hun. if your used to comfort eating when your OH is away and your missing him your brains trying to jolt you into the usual pattern. find a distraction, a good film or a book or a pampering session

Stay on here and keep yourself busy hun. Have a cup of tea or go for a walk! Just remember we are all here to keep you on the straight and narrow. When my other half goes away I like to have a nice hot bath with some candles and really relax. Never get the chance when hes here..too many distractions!:D

oh thanks for all the replies... don't worry tho, there's not a chance i am giving up... that would just be ridiculous...

i'm having my weekend off next week for the wedding... i'm not gonna drink tho cos i dunno wot would happen...

my only concern is that we are going down on the friday and have family meals planned on friday and sunday... i'm gonna enjoy saturday at the wedding but on the friday and sunday i dunno if i should try and stick to healthy stuff like salads etc... my biggest fear is i won't be able to start again on the monday...

but i have to!

check out the options on the 810 meals, chicken, fish, quorn, green or white veg so ur lettuce, cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower, turnip etc
this wont take you out of ketosis and is a good compremise

as for monday, just grit your teeth, keep distracted and you will be back in ketosis before you know it

I would try and stay healthy as much as you can on the days either side of the wedding if you can, then it wont be so hard getting back on track. You could always do ss+ next week and then back to ss the week after if you are struggling. Dont worry we will be here to keep you going!:D

i have been looking forward to this wedding for i don't know how long so i know i want to enjoy it to the max... the bride has been doing CD and i know she will be enjoying it too

thanks babes... hope you are ok too hunny xxx

Have been nurse to my son the last two days as he has been sick. Dont think he will be in school tomorrow either. Think he is on the mend though.
Find it hard to stay focussed on the diet when at home cos havent got the distraction of work. God knows what the holidays will be like:eek:

haven't got little ones myself skinikki... still consider myself a bairn lol

I dont feel any older than I did 20 yrs ago! Ive got two children. Tom 11 and Beth 9:D

Goolian - one weekend of eating to enjoy, but not binge eating, is fine! As long as you accept that it might be hard come Monday, and you might not have great losses that week and you mentally prepare yourself then enjoy. From some of the posts on here, most people seem to come off for a few days or weeks and then they struggle to get back on, but if you are looking at only 2 days, maybe it wont be so hard. But it will be a good test of what we face forever really - restraint is the key and making good choices. So avoid sausage rolls, dont eat too many carbs, but relax and enjoy the special day. I have my parents coming on what will be my week 6, they dont know i am doing this, and i have to cook them a meal, so do i tell them straight so they know why I'm not eating and risk them worrying?? Its going to be seriously hard cooking them a lovely meal and me having a shake!! Its a big deal as my Dad has only been to my place twice in 4 years (I live a long way from them) and because of a back injury I havent seen them in months and months so I am, really looking forward to it. Goolian - tell me how you cope with the wedding and then you can advise me on what to do! If its really hard onthe Monday to get back to it then maybe that will be the deciding factor. Oh, if tht sounded mean i didnt mean it to. BTW, do you feel nervous about eating again?? I am!

I went to Barcelona with some girlfriends a couple of weekends ago. We all went out for a meal and I couldnt have a shake so I had sea bass with salad. I still lost 7 lbs that week! You could do a fish or chicken dish for your parents and have yours plain. Just say you are watching your weight but you will still be able to sit and eat with them.:D

Back