This Forum

Mia

Skinny girl in a fat body
Hi

Some of you may recognise me on and off this forum for 7 years now, and doing the diet, losing stones, putting it back on, losing again - you know where I'm coming from?

Well, I have come to the conclusion that I lose weight better when I am participating in the site. I have tried to do it on my own, for fear of making a fool of myself advertising the face I am on the plan again only to fail on day 2. I have tried other diet sites but always have a look in here. My first attempt in 2007 was great, I lost 3 stone and was only a few pound off goal and put it allllllll back on again.

Here I am today the heaviest I have ever been in my life. I am depressed, I don't go out, I hate myself, I cry all the time, nothing fits me, I wear the same clothes, I look horrible, I feel horrible, I have no energy - all I do is eat. So, day 1 again. I know there is only me who can do it, but any words of advice or encouragement will go a long way. Thanks xx

I totally understand how you feel honey, but you've made the first step and your beginning a new chapter of your life. This is my 4th time I think! I've loss weight and put it back on. I've decided this is the last time I'm doing this to myself and I'm going to loss weight and keep it off. We both deserve to be happy and you've done it before and you will again. Good luck honey xxxxx

Hi Mia - I was in a similar situation - lost weight and put it back again plus an extra stone. I was very down about it but the good thing about Cambridge is that the weight comes off quickly so you will be looking and feeling dramatically different in a few weeks.
I know you feel awful but it will pass once you see a decent weight loss and you can start binning the "fat" clothes.
Good luck

Mia,

As one of the only blokes on here, welcome back.

I know what you mean. Over the past 65 days this site has done wonders for my motivation. It's got great people and everyone's in it together.

You've done it. You know you can do it. You've come to the right place :)

Thank all for your replies. Its funny how when you are living the moment it seems to drag, but then, say 12 weeks later you look back, 3 stone lighter and it seems to have flown. I can only do my best ........ again x

I completely relate to that, at the time my 12 weeks felt so slow but by week 8 it had flown by!!! I'm back on it for a few weeks to get a bit more off and only on day 3 and feels long lol. Come 2 weeks though I'll look back and think oh ok that was quick!! Good luck

Total loss on cambridge - 2 stone 11lb :)

as long as you are motivated and dedicated to losing weight it doesnt matter if this is your second or fourth attempt! you can only hope and try to make this your last go and change your mindset permanently! Good luck! :)

Thanks everyone. You know what? I am actually scared to weigh myself. Last time I got weighed I was exactly 15 stone :eek:. Know I have put more on since so scared to do it. I think I will just do the diet for a bit then once I feel as if I have lost something, then weigh myself. At the end of the day, I'm only in completion with myself.

Don't fear the scales. They'll only tell you what you already know really. You've made the choice to change and now you have to accept what's past is past and give the diet 100% :)

Current loss: 25lbs and 18.5inches

Back