This greedy bear is gonna eat less, move more and love life 🐻 💕

Well done! 4lbs is a brilliant loss :)

Thanks guys 😘😘

On Friday I managed 4,000 steps wandering around the shops. On Saturday I got 5,000 steps in wandering upnto the village fete and then taking the long route home. I’m javinf a quiet family day cath one today, but hopefully tomorrow at work I can get out in my lunch break for a walk around and try to get some steps in.

It’s hard in this weather with baby bear - just too hot for us to go out in the middle of the day, somlots of hanging around in the shade. On the plus side I’m feeling less like eating in the heat so that’s good :)

Have been good food wise the past two days. Shake for breakfast, and I’m getting into a nice habit of sitting down at 11:30 when baby bear goes upnfor her nap and having my meal bar then with a cup of coffee and an orange. I’m then holding out till mid afternoon for a 100 cal snack, and still having a proper meal in the evening with lovely boyfriend, which suits me perfectly.

That's fantastic with the steps!! 5000 isn't easy, you've done really well :) And it's good that you are slipping into a routine that fits around baby bear. xx

Thanks elanor xx

Somehow it should be easy because I can bundle her in her buggy and go for a walk, but there just always seems like something else needs doing, or now she wants to walk too we go at a snails pace 🐌

I agree, lately its just been much to hot to walk, or even wander with a baby or a dog.

Oooooo good shout Susie. Water is so important isn’t it, but so easy to forget.

I first all of all need to remember to take my water bottle with me when I go out or go to work, and secondly need to remember to drink it !!

Thank you 😘

So I Conpeltely failed to get that walk in at work, hence my step count today was probably about 6 😂. I have to leave as soon as baby bear goes off to Nursery (she goes with her dad), straight to work - sit at my desk 9-5, then drive to pick her up, her home and it’s tea time then baby bear bed time.

I did do well with food today though, which Inthink for me is probably more important than the excercise at the moment. Shakenfor breakfats, meal bar for lunch, banana for a snack plus a bag of mini gingerbread men. Chicken fajitas for dinner, resisted having a yoghurt so have just had a decaf coffee with a slimfast choc snack bar.

I love slim fast, but I hate being ‘seen’ in public with the shakes or snack bars - does anyone else feel like that with their diet? Like Insint want to draw attention to myself. Also I think slim fast plan has a lot of negative associations with most people thinking you just have shakes all day and nothing to eat!

I think you're doing brilliantly Claire, it's got to be really difficult working fulltime, all the mum responsibilities, and life in general - so never mind what other people think, but if it helps to deflect people and their stupid opinions, what about putting the shakes and bars in different containers?

Thanks so much susie 😘

I end up taking the meal bar out if it’s wrapper then it doesn’t look so strange - I still feel self conscious as other people are having a ‘proper lunch’ e.g sand which or salads etc but I just know that this approach works for me
My spirit animal would be a badger. I’m a creature of habit. I am well into my groove of shakes in the morning, snack bar and an orange at 11:30, then holding out for a 100 cal snack in the afternoon. Another 100 cal snack if i need it, then dinner with boyfriend. I’m also cracking the no pudding (we usually have a yoghurt - don’t need it and it’s 150 cals I could save), then can have coffee and a choc snack in the evening
Just need to get some steps in now. But this weather makes it so hard!! I’m swealtering...

Thank you 😘

So I Conpeltely failed to get that walk in at work, hence my step count today was probably about 6 😂. I have to leave as soon as baby bear goes off to Nursery (she goes with her dad), straight to work - sit at my desk 9-5, then drive to pick her up, her home and it’s tea time then baby bear bed time.

I did do well with food today though, which Inthink for me is probably more important than the excercise at the moment. Shakenfor breakfats, meal bar for lunch, banana for a snack plus a bag of mini gingerbread men. Chicken fajitas for dinner, resisted having a yoghurt so have just had a decaf coffee with a slimfast choc snack bar.

I love slim fast, but I hate being ‘seen’ in public with the shakes or snack bars - does anyone else feel like that with their diet? Like Insint want to draw attention to myself. Also I think slim fast plan has a lot of negative associations with most people thinking you just have shakes all day and nothing to eat!

I'm the same. I hate people knowing that I use SF stuff. I don't really have the bars but in the past when I've had the shakes, I try to hide them in a bag, lol. One time I got caught, so said I had toothache so couldn't eat.

I'm the same. I hate people knowing that I use SF stuff. I don't really have the bars but in the past when I've had the shakes, I try to hide them in a bag, lol. One time I got caught, so said I had toothache so couldn't eat.

Toothache 😆

It’s weird isn’t it. I’m so many other aspects off my life I don’t care what others think, but for some reason diets and using SF is just a sensitive spot... it’s good to know I’m not the only one though xxx

I've never used the "diet" word with anyone. Its just too embarrassing not only to admit you know you are fat but are failing in trying to do something about it. Also then people feel they have the right to comment on it. I prefer something like "I'm not eating sugar" or " I'm on a food elimination diet to check for allergies". Could you put your shakes into a covered cup and call them smoothies or power shakes, they don't seem to have the same negative image as diet shakes do.

Its mad the things that play on our minds and make us overly conscious.

Toothache 😆

It’s weird isn’t it. I’m so many other aspects off my life I don’t care what others think, but for some reason diets and using SF is just a sensitive spot... it’s good to know I’m not the only one though xxx

I 'm fine with telling people I'm on a diet but don't like the reaction when you tell people yours not eating properly and using shakes. It's just easier to let people think I'm doing a normal calorie controlled diet. Which i am doing now, I hardly ever have the shakes.

Thanks guys - I usually have my skate in the car in the way to work. Will just carry on being discreet with my meal bar - ultimatelynInjust need to not worry what others think!! Need to have a firm word with myself !!

Planned to walk to the park and take the long route back, but got half way there and realised baby bear wasn’t wearing her shoes!! Aonhad to turn around and come home, by which time I was running late for gym friend so I had to take the car. We had a lovely time though! Stayed for a couple of hours. Managed about 2,000 steps so thats better than nothing I guess. Still pleased because I’ve had another good food day and Inthink for me that’s more important than the exercise. We’ll see on the scales at the end of the week...

I work for the nhs so work today was full of jollybpeople, party games, good and a big cake! I managed to dodge most of the food, but eventually my boss brought a slice of cake to my desk, and Ibjust feltntoo awkward to decline it 😬 annoyed with myself, but it was good, I enjoyed it, now I’ve moved on.

Will hopefully have a good day tomorrow and hoping for a good result on the scales.

Will try and get out for a walk around tomorrow afternoon. On wednesday i walked around the local town just browsing in the shops for two hours. Must have racked up a fair few steps!

This hot weather is just TOO MUCH though. Hard to get out whilst it is so sweltering

Lovely to see the sun for more than a couple of days in summer haha, but yes it is making it difficult to get around without sweating buckets!

And never mind about the cake, it's hard to get out of situations like that gracefully. Maybe next time say something like "I'm trying to reduce my sugar intake" - easier for people to understand not feel rebuffed. Crazy really that those same people feel they have the right to try and force stuff on you even though you've already told them you're on a diet! Happens to me at work all the time. "Go on, just one piece won't hurt" - "YES IT WILL!" :).

I work for the nhs so work today was full of jollybpeople, party games, good and a big cake! I managed to dodge most of the food, but eventually my boss brought a slice of cake to my desk, and Ibjust feltntoo awkward to decline it 😬 annoyed with myself, but it was good, I enjoyed it, now I’ve moved on.

Will hopefully have a good day tomorrow and hoping for a good result on the scales.

Will try and get out for a walk around tomorrow afternoon. On wednesday i walked around the local town just browsing in the shops for two hours. Must have racked up a fair few steps!

This hot weather is just TOO MUCH though. Hard to get out whilst it is so sweltering

It was so hot last night, I love the sun and heat but wish it was a little cooler at night.

I had cake as well yesterday. It is so hard to say no at work isn't it. I've decided now, just to have it but to miss out all my snacks for the day. It can be hard though especially if the cakes arrive later in the day.

Good luck with your weigh in.

Back