This greedy bear is gonna eat less, move more and love life 🐻 💕

Haha guys 💦

I got a Fitbit! It’s an Alta HR, cheaper from eBay. Very pleased with it. Completely useless today and I’ve been sat behind a desk and hardy gone anywhere, but hopefully can start getting out and about with itnin the next week

I really like Jamie's 5 Ingredients book. It's a decent everyday cook book, and this is coming from someone who really is not a fan of his. The egg and mango chutney flatbreads are good. He uses natural yogurt, flour and olive oil for the bread, I was sceptical, but it is really simple and pretty decent. I also like the creamy mustard chicken (but needs some experimenting to get the consistency right), the peanut chicken and the garlic mushroom pasta. All the nutritional info is also included. There is really good variety of recipes in the book, so if you can get it cheap it's worth it. I got it from the Book People when they had it as part of the selection brought into work.

Fitbit sounds great!! They can be really motivating to do more steps during the day.

Thanks elanor, I’ll def keep an eye out for a cheap copy. I love books that have the calorie count in them, makes it so much easier to plan

Decided to weigh in this morning ... 3lbs off!! Which means Im into the 23 stone bracket. Whoo hoooo!

Off to meet a friend for lunch, so wanted to be able to have a mini treat !

That's brilliant big bear, well done. Let me know how the fit bit goes. I wanted to get a decent wearable step counter, I got an own brand one and I "walked" 1000 steps while driving. My friend got an apple i watch and it doesn't measure steps while pushing a buggy so I will be interested to.see how your fit bit works out.

Wow Susie! Great bargain! I had a flick through it in WH Smith today - wasn’t persuaded...

Tipp - yes aftertoday can def say there is an issue with not registering when I’m holding the pram, so that’s a pain. There lots of others stuffnitsbuseful fornthough, like regular reminders to get up and move!

What about attaching it round your ankle somehow? A woman at work told me she does that.

And ditto on Jamie, I'm glad I bought it for 99p, not full price, but think there will be things in there I can modify - if I can be bothered, I buy cookbooks and then they just sit there on the shelf :classic_oops:.

Susie that’s absolute genius !!

Yeah, for 99p I would have gone for it :) you can google a few of the recipes anyway though.

Went out for a baby free walk today, managed 3,000 steps around the village but it was just so hot!! Otherwise had a pretty lazy day but in plan food wise which is great.

Watched free willy tonight. Had to go and find my boyfriend for a cuddle when i ended up crying at the end!!!! I need help 😂😂

Off to a baby friends party today. Because all our Bavaria birthdays are around Xmas, there are lots of people having ‘summer parties’ for an opportunity to celebrate and get together. In this case her mum is Hungarian and celebrate ‘name days’ - her daughters name day is luckily in the summer so perfect for a party! My baby bear was born 22nd December, and her name day is in January 😊🙈

Had my breakfast shake and just had my meal bar and an orange. Now going to hold off until we get to the party because no doubt there will be nibbles and CAKE!! Am going to try and just get a tiny slice of cake 🍰 wish me luck!! The mum is a super healthy eater so am expecting the nibbles etc will be health and lots of fruit and veg, phew. Not sure Inwould be able to resist proper kids party food!

Well!!! Managed to get a small plate of party food and sit with baby bear, letting he tmuch through all of it :) she’s addicted to breadsticks and hummus!! Then shared a small slice of the cake with her. Lovely.

THEN got home and had to go straight to bed - luckily my partner was here to take over looking after baby bear. In the evening I was sick twice !!! At first thought maybe I’d got heat stroke, it was soooo hot and end up concentrating so much in keeping baby bear out of the sun etc Inskmetimes forget about myself! But then my partner spent half the night on the loo, so we must have picked up a virus.

If I known it was all going to be down the toilet two hours later Inwould have eaten ALL the party food!!!!! Definitely not the neat way to lose weight, but indid notice this morning I’ve lost 4lbs since Friday!! I’m sure some of that will be back with hydration. Have had to take it easy today - belvita biscuits and then toast for lunch.

Thank goodness baby bear was well and could go to Nursery!! Me and my partner had a very quiet day in !!!

If I known it was all going to be down the toilet two hours later Inwould have eaten ALL the party food!!!!! Definitely not the neat way to lose weight, but indid notice this morning I’ve lost 4lbs since Friday!!

Oh Claire hun that's awful - but (sorry) I did smile at your comment about eating everything! Lucky you didn't i guess, because then it would have been much worse. At least that's the silver lining that jumps out at me :classic_roll_eyes:.

Hope you both feel better tomorrow and get a good night's sleep xx

Thanks guys. We’re all definitelynon the mend.

Managed a delicious tea - leftover roast pork fried up with soy sauce and 5 spice, with Chinese pancakes, onion, cucumber and plum sauce... YUUUUM

Went to a mum and baby group this morning. I still struggle a bit getting up and down off the floor repeatedly - it’s definitely one of this things I’d love not to have to worry about - roll on weight loss!!!

Went out for a wander around the shops this afternoon, didn’t see anything wanted. Came home and had a plumber round to do a quote on some work we want to do - ended up going up and down the stairs 4 times with baby bear on my hip - gave me a mini Work out !!

Steak and chips for tea :) boyfriend and I are still feeling fairly wiped out after the sickness bug. Baby bear appears to have escaped...

Went out with friends on Wednesday night. Had a burger and chips, then a chocolate torte 🤭 the next day at worknInforgot my access badge, so had to ask to borrow someone else’s every time I wanted a drink or to go to the loo!! Well, inevitably I hardly drank any water that day...

Now it’s time of the month just come and scales showed a STS this week. So I’m hoping it’s my night out, less water and time of the month all conspiring against me and I’ll be back on it next week!!

We have mother in law staying so she offered to babysit whilst we went out for dinner. Diet wise not what I need after this week, but you have to take these chances when they are offered don’t you - so we’re off out!! Hopefully going to get a table at a popular middle eastern restaurant near us. Can’t wait for a bit of time with lovely boyfriend :) xx

Oooh nice to have an evening out, where did you end up going?

And defo ToTM and water - so you're sure to see a loss next time x

Thanks Susie - I weighed again today in case of any change... nada... but it’s better than a gain isn’t it?!

We went to a middle eastern place near us. Food was so delicious but service was awful!! Sooooo slow! They apologised profusely when we left - just really understaffed last night.
Because it was so late by the time we finished we didn’t have a pudding, so that was good really. A lot of the food is grilled meats and salad so it’s actually a good option for healthier eating. Of course I had a few deep fried mezzo bits too though!!

Got all of boyfriends family round today to watch the grad prix and have a BBQ afterwards. I’ve got to slope off a some point to prep for an interview tomorrow morning - willmprob go and spend an hour or two in a local Starbucks (and have to restrain myself from all the good stuff!)

Back