This has so GOT to be the LAST time...

myalphabetgirls

2 1/2 yrs ago I lost 5st with slimming world having previously yo-yo'd through my teens, twenties and thirties. Sadly, August 2009 my eldest daughter grew her angel wings and my world fell apart. Since that day looking after myself has not been a priority and I have, I admit, numbed my pain with chocolate and all that 5st has gone back on!

My first husband sent me on the slippery slope of the good old yo-yo when on our wedding day in 1985 he mentioned that I had better not show my fat old thighs in any photographs. I was 7st 12lbs! Those words were the beginning of my food issues. Today, happily married for the second time (OH loves me whatever size I am), I weigh more than double that and Ive truly had enough. I am noticeably feeling stronger lately and I guess I have reached a significant point in the grieving process where I realise my daughter is not coming back and I have to look after the body I have got in order to look after her two sisters. Its been a long process!

Three weeks ago I had lunch with a friend who I had met through s.w and although at target was struggling. When I left her house that afternoon I suddenly felt "in the zone" and I grabbed that feeling with both hands and here I am...

Feeling a bit disappointed today, my weight morning, lost 2lbs which I know is better off than on. Have lost 12lbs now in 3 weeks. Am just angry with myself that Ive got to go through this all over again and its not as simple as missing a few meals - 5st (actually want to lose 7 total) is a lot of fat to lose.

Anyway hello to all. Looking forward to sharing your stories and your successes and am always happy to offer invisible but hopefully encouraging hugs to anyone who needs them.

Myalphabetgirls x
p.s Just noticed the bmi calculations in my statistics. How scary is that?

Last edited:
What a story! Well done on your loss so far!! Thats brilliant! Thing to remember u have done it before so u can do it again!! As long as ur doing it for u, just remember slow and steady wins the race!! Lol hope u keep it up, what are u findin works for u?? Im a ww girl and have been followin it since march this year and have lost 48 so far, startin to slow down a lot now and keep cheatin and havin a gain, put two on last week and was totally gutted so back to following it to the letter this week! Weigh in tonight so fingers crossed! Lol good luck :) x

Welcome to the forum! That is such a heart breaking yet inspirational story! It's so good that you've picked yourself back up and we are all here to help you and give you support along the way :) good luck x x

Thank you both for your welcome and your kind comments. I don't feel inspirational but thank you so much for that compliment. Its been a long journey emotionally but I am slowly realising that my Chloe is now free and that to truly honour her memory I really need to get on with living. When I did s.w before I bought the lot - the all-singing-all-dancing recipe books. Ive dug them back out and am sticking mostly to green which I found worked for me best last time. I remember eating so much batchelors pasta n sauce (mild cheese & broccoli) that I feared I may look like a bowl of it. That said, it worked for me. This time though, anxious for my youngest daughter (who seems to have inherited my tendency to gain weight easily) not to be burdened with lifetime food demons am incorporating the s.w extra easy plan into family cooking. OH is fully embracing this thank goodness and is happy to help with the cooking. He doesn't need to lose weight but needs to look after his heart. I have completely gone "cold turkey" on both bread and chocolate though, for neither of these is something I can just have a litte of. Bread I find anyway is not my tummy's friend, I feel so bloated and yukky when Ive eaten it yet I crave it. Viscious circle.

I have found it amazing how, even when you fully know the content, cheese for example, you can fool yourself into thinking an ounce is a lot larger than it is.

Ive been a w.w girl before (actually joined and re-joined so often in the past that that is what introduced me to s.w - I just felt I could not go back!) and had the weighing scales which are invaluable whatever plan you are on.

My daily "must" is 40g of porridge oats, soaked overnight in low fat fromage fraise with a dollop of half fat creme fraiche. Its a pot of yumminess in the morning and really helps me to get through til lunch. I hate hot porridge but this is lush!

Will look out for both you ladies here and catch up with how you are doing.

Take care x

hi myalphabetgirls, welcome to the forum. You are such a brave person to share that with us and i wish you every success in your goals. Stay strong, be positive, don't ignore your emotions with food- just understand why you have them and try to enjoy the journey x

Back