ProPoints This has to be the year . . . . .

Chubbyduck

So I've been on this site a few times and always found it very inspiring. I've been on and (mainly) off diets for a good 20 years or more - I successfully lost 4 stone with WW 20 + years ago when my eldest son was born - and have slowly and surely got bigger every year since! :( I've tried loads of diets, WW, SW, Low carb, but always come back to WW as I struggle badly with portion control! (I'm a greedy "duck").

2013 has got to be the year I lose this weight once and for all and I had every intention of starting in a positive way - hitting the gym/classes/pool 5 times a week and sticking to my points - but we've all had the most horrendous flu so it hasn't quite worked out that way so far, although I think my first week has gone ok - I weigh in on Wednesday mornings and I'm doing ProPoints on my own at home.

I'm now 42 and a busy mum and full time legal secretary and if I don't do it this year I don't think I ever will. I love eating out and the occasional glass of wine with my OH and am looking forward to my hols in Turkey in June - going back to see friends we met two years ago and would love for them to notice a difference!

I've tried all sorts of motivation but thought I would try keeping an online diary so that everyone can see when I go off track. I've got about 6 stone to lose and would love to hear from anyone in Lancashire/Yorkshire area who would like some mutual support.

I'll report back tomorrow with my first week's weigh in and my food diary - wish me luck!;)

Absolutely gobsmacked - lost 7 lbs this week!! Feel very positive and will resist "treating" myself with food as a reward!

So today's food diary:

Pint skimmed milk 5 pp
Oats So Simple 3 pp
Banana 0 pp

Lunch
Aldi 1/2 carton chicken and sweetcorn soup 4 pp
Slice toast 2 pp
Flora light 1pp

Not too sure about dinner yet - probably tuna pasta from this month's magazine 8pp - the other portion will be okay for lunch tomorrow at work with some salad.

That's 23/34 so a few left for a treat later.

Absolutely gobsmacked - lost 7 lbs this week!! Feel very positive and will resist "treating" myself with food as a reward!

Not too sure about dinner yet - probably tuna pasta from this month's magazine 8pp - the other portion will be okay for lunch tomorrow at work with some salad.

I'm here to follow! Well done on the loss - were on the same WI thread! Hope you don't feel I'm stalking!!

You've reminded me of the WW magazine, haven't bought it in ages, I love it! I have recipe pages ripped out of old ones in a file in my kitchen ;)

Thanks guys

the_last_time - I am an absolute recipe junkie - I have hundreds of cookery books, pages torn out of magazines everywhere - and always cook the same things! Maybe I should try to do one new recipe a week or a fortnight.

Anyway, it's a good job I had some spare points as my mother in law has just brought cream cake! Aaaghhh - although lovely, it feels so rude to say no! I shall hust have a small piece and point it properly (instead of just missing it off the list). I am going to have to be brutally honest with myself if I'm going to succeed.

I've just done my asda order with lots of healthy stuff for tomorrow night and hopefully I'll be feeling well enough to get back to the gym next week - I can't believe I am actually missing my classes!

Well done on your loss!!!

My post is similar to yours haha! Tried everything, back to good old WW.

I hope you get to your goal for turkey!!!

Leanne x

Oh no, feeling poorly, that's no good!

I'm the same when it comes to missing things of the list that you'd rather not talk about, so good for you, enjoy the cake & use a few weeklies, that's what they're there for!! ;)

Well done on your loss!!!

My post is similar to yours haha! Tried everything, back to good old WW.

I hope you get to your goal for turkey!!!

Leanne x

Thanks for your support :grouphugg:

Oh no, feeling poorly, that's no good!

I'm the same when it comes to missing things of the list that you'd rather not talk about, so good for you, enjoy the cake & use a few weeklies, that's what they're there for!! ;)

Thanks hun - the cake was lush - duly pointed and time to move on! :cross:

Back