This is a strange question i know, but....

JAYJAY33

Anyone on sole source had a tongue that starts peeling?! For last week i have had a white coating on my tongue that has started peeling, i have a massive vertical crack down my tongue and last night my mouth felt extremely dry like i had not drank and was walking through the desert even though i was drinking water all night. I have been drinking my minimum of 2 litres a day. CDC said it may be thrush but i have no sores or anything so that does not explain it. Before i started the diet i was extremely dehydrated to the point i would get home from work some days at 6 and realise i had not drank at all so im wondering if the changes in my mouth are to do with this? My cdc said shes checked it out and its not a side affect of the diet but i dont know what else it can be. I looked in that gillian mckeith book and it says it can be do to stomach or digestion problems. Anyone got any ideas about this as its driving me mad! Sorry its a bit gross!
Thanks

Anyone on sole source had a tongue that starts peeling?! For last week i have had a white coating on my tongue that has started peeling, i have a massive vertical crack down my tongue and last night my mouth felt extremely dry like i had not drank and was walking through the desert even though i was drinking water all night. I have been drinking my minimum of 2 litres a day. CDC said it may be thrush but i have no sores or anything so that does not explain it. Before i started the diet i was extremely dehydrated to the point i would get home from work some days at 6 and realise i had not drank at all so im wondering if the changes in my mouth are to do with this? My cdc said shes checked it out and its not a side affect of the diet but i dont know what else it can be. I looked in that gillian mckeith book and it says it can be do to stomach or digestion problems. Anyone got any ideas about this as its driving me mad! Sorry its a bit gross!
Thanks

Hiya - the white furry tongue is a side effect of ketosis... and mine peeled too.....just the white stuff mind you....never caused me any probs....cleared after the first couple of weeks....how long you been on the diet ??

do you have a metally taste on your mouth ??

definitely sounds like ketosis to me !

Debz
xx

Thanks

forgot to say - try to increase your water to around 4litres per day - 2.25litres is the MINIMUM !!

also get a tongue scraper thingy (Boots do them) and scrape or brush your tongue every day...that should help !

take care

Debz
xx

Thank you so much! Really put my mind at lease! My CDC rang the head office apparently and they said they had never heard of anyones tongue peeling. This is my second week of the diet, i was sure it was to do with the diet but she said no way. I feel alot better, i was so worried about it looking it up on net etc as u read some horror stories lol. So it went away with no problem then? It seemed better yesterday but then my mouth was so dry last night that i thought it was coming back again! Thank you so much!

Thank you so much! Really put my mind at lease! My CDC rang the head office apparently and they said they had never heard of anyones tongue peeling. This is my second week of the diet, i was sure it was to do with the diet but she said no way. I feel alot better, i was so worried about it looking it up on net etc as u read some horror stories lol. So it went away with no problem then? It seemed better yesterday but then my mouth was so dry last night that i thought it was coming back again! Thank you so much!

Yep - mine returned to a nice pink colour - but I did brush or scrape it every day.....the dry mouth is defo a side effect... up that water girlie !! :p

love

Debz
xx

:wavey: JayJay,

I'm on SS week 2 and although my tongue hasn't peeled it has felt furry :crazy: not at all pleasent so i can relate to your post.

I found that brushing my tongue when i brush my teeth helps and using Listerine helps too. Also helps with the bad breath which i actually think is getting better, or is that just high hopes :rolleyes:

I try to drink at least 3½ litres of water a day too so maybe uping your water may help too!

Susie xx

Thanks for this post - just noticed a couple of days ago that my tongue has a furry white coating on it. Relieved it's normal :p.

I had what my dentist described as "a black hairy tongue"(a technical description they use I believe).Dragondrawers reckoned I'd cheated on the diet and scoffed next doors cat.......I didn't....honest...........I couldn't catch the bugger...

Alex

i have furry tongue problems too and the occasion crevass in my tongue. Although my furr isnt white, it is more greenish tinge...yes... really appealing!
brushing/scrapping does shift it tho :)

Gosh reading this thread has made me feel alittle more normal!
I'm on day 3 of SS, and noticed my tongue was feeling a little fuzzy yesterday.
Well today, it's truely grim! :sign0137: Looks and tastes like Ghandi's flip flops! I have an awful taste in my mouth and thirsty? Just a bit! I've chugged about 5litres of water already today and it's barely 3pm!

Does it get any better?>

Back