This is gross.....

shoegirl

Sorry if you're squeamish, but looking for advice. My son has passed a roundworm. This happened before Xmas and it was treated with medication the GP gave us. Unfortunately, another one was passed yesterday, so he's still clearly infected. Any tips/advice would be GREATLY appreciated - especially if you e been through it yourself. Thank you (and sorry again... )

Trip back to the doctors:confused:

yup i'd say back to the doctor's too.. and then maybe to the chemist to see if he can take something to prevent it happening again???

I know someone who had it a few years abck and the whole family had to be treated so without being horrible it's possible that someone else in the family might have them unknowingly and be 'sharing'.
I would deffo go back to the docs tho !!

you can buy the medication directly over the counter from the pharmacy, best to treat all the kids,
best way to prevent is hand hygeine, its passed bottom to mouth (sounds awful I know)

good luck xx

kerryathome, you comments have made me realised, I thought roundworm was different to what my daughter had. She had worms years ago, they took ages to go. Initially we treated the whole family, but after a while just DD.

I went to the chemist & got some medication from there & eventually they went but the problem with children is they don't often wash hands after going to the loo so they're bound to take a while to go as they keep re-infecting themselves. I also used to check my daughter for worms whilst she was asleep in bed then you can see if they've gone or not. Apparently they come out at night.

You may want to google the incubation period so you know when they have definately gone.

Back