This is it.....I will be a thin bride!

CambridgeLo

Hi everyone, I have been reading a lot of your diaries to keep me on the straight and narrow and have decided to start my own to keep me motivated and to hopefully help anyone like some of you have definately helped me!

First the introductions, I'm 28 years of age, I'm 5'9 and have 3 stone to lose. The biggest reason I would like to lose the weight (besides the health benefits, etc) is so I can feel confident again and be a nicer person to my family and OH......the other 'tiny' reason is so I can feel good on my wedding day in a fabulous dress, ha ha.

I want the perfect dress......not the only one in the shop that fits......which is the way most of my shopping trips end right now!

I have always been a 'big' girl, the chubby one in the group. I am a boredom eater and hoping to break some bad, bad, bad habits.

I am actually just starting my 4th week of SS (so not really a complete newbie). Just back from my 3rd weigh in and thats a stone in 3 weeks.....so pleased, love this diet!

How have I found it? A complete mixed bag to be honest......some days I'm on cloud 9 and feel in control of my then other days I am willing the time to go faster because the fridge is literally calling to me!

On the whole its been fine the quick losses have kept me eager and motivated. I know I have a way to go but I will get there....I will :)

Thanks for your support!

Think my weight loss journey has just got a lot easier thanks to my CDC.....she said she used to use her Choc tetra as milk in a coffee and hey presto....a mocha!

I can't drink black coffee so I have been missing my lovely milky coffees.....I had 3 coffees this morning out of my one tetra! Lush!

It put me in such a good mood and have been perky all day......or is that just the caffeine......either way! ;-)

Hey best of luck.. a stone gone already you are gona be a fabulous bride in an amazing dress before you know it =D

Ok, so after a little bit of a shaky weekend.....3 vodka and soda's at a party I still managed to lose 3 lbs this week.....yey!

I had planned to have a few, the plan was 2 pure soda waters then a vodka in the 3rd. I think I was so stressed about knocking myself out of ketosis that it most definately wasn't worth it! Oh well lesson learnt.....

Anyhoo......like I said 3lbs off and I'm in 12's......haven't seen that number in a long while :-D

Great loss! I know what you mean about stressing when you eat/drink something off diet - takes all the enjoyment out of it. I have a dinner coming up on Sat at a really nice restaurant (we made reservations 2 months ago!) and all I can think is how to minimize the damage. :sigh:

Ah well - must keep an eye on the goal. Speaking of which, have you chosen your wedding dress yet? I sometimes watch the show "Say Yes to the Dress" - amazing the different dress styles out there and all the emotion and drama that goes along with choosing one!

Brill Loss! you are well on your way :)

Be careful about drinking while in ketosis though in future as it can be quite dangerous. I think theres a sticky on the main board about the effects.

I think that was why I was soooo upright, lol. I had read that stickie and wouldn't normally risk things like that. Like I said I won't be doing it again while I'm in ketosis!

I have read all the wedding mags fuzzy so I have ideas in my head but everyone I speak to says "try them all on...you never know what'll look best"

Its funny, before I started this diet I couldn't imagine enjoying going shopping for the dress but in the last 4 weeks it has become one of the highlights of my 2012!! :-D

Glad to hear that you're enjoying shopping for the dress. I hate shopping for clothes...I haven't enjoyed it in years. It's one of the things I'm looking forward to - being able to try things on in normal sizes and have them look good. Gotta have goals! :)

I complete agree! I have loads of ideas for what I'd like my dress to be but I have no idea what my body will look like when I hit my goal around July. Can't try any on until then either how annoying! lol

I hope to reach goal in May so going to start shopping then but I have no idea what will suit me either.

I just can't wait to have lots of choice of fab dresses rather than pick from the ones that make me look slimmer, lol.

When is your wedding?

I know what you mean! Could never imagine myself in one of those long slim dresses but who knows in a couple of months!
Our wedding isn't until August next year so we have plenty of time :)

Ok, so fifth week is done.....another 3lbs gone. Happy with that, its not coming off as quickly as some of you but its consistent, lol.

Been bit of tough week, been a bit down about being on the diet 100%......OH has been great keeping me going with 'its not forever' and I know he's completely right! Just had to turn down a few social outings. I know its not worth coming off it, but 6 nations time was not the best time to go tee-total! Especially when Wales are going for the Grand Slam......Cymru am byth! ;-)

Congratulations on another 3lbs!!! Way to go!

How are you getting on?

Hiya,

Had an absolute rubbish week, work has been ultra-stressful which has led to me picking at things....only little things and mostly chicken but I know I should have been better. Haven't drunk enough water either. This is all a long winded way of saying I stayed the same this week, lol.

I'm feeling much more positive this week so looking for a good loss next week :-D

Hows things with you? How are you getting on?

We all get those weeks! Never mind now just move on and get straight back to it :)

Things are ok for me, been back on 4 days now after coming off at the weekend so hopefully shift anything I gained by next weigh in!

OK, so I'm in London for 3 nights with work and determined to stick to SS 100%. I've brought all my bars and tetras.

I'm meeting a friend tomorrow night who I haven't seen since I started Cambridge. I'm hoping any nice things she might say about my weight loss will deter any alcohol consumption on my part......we usually get pickled! She is one of my oldest, bestest friends so I know she'll be totally supportive.

I really want to write on here tomorrow that I was perfect......coz I know I can do this! :)

I'm sure you'll do great! I saw some friends on Friday I havent seen since I started and they were very complimentary, really boosts your confidence and motivation :)
Looking forward to finding out how you got on!

Back