This is it.

This weight has really knocked my confidence. I look back at pictures and wonder what the hell I've done to look like what I am now. From being a beautiful, bubbly, care free and funnloving girl, to becoming all isolated depressed being. i hardly interact with people because of it.

So today I have decided to sort this problem for once and for all. I'm going to face this with all my efforts. AND THIS SITE IS BRILLIANT to help me! I'm going to use this thread and report on it my daily activities associated with losing weight.

Knowing that people have acces to my thread will sort of put pressure on me to work hard. I'll know that even if I decide to cheat i will have to write it on here and that will make me think twice hopefully! :)

(I can't believe I've found this site it's brialliant!!! :))

Starting weight: 83 kg :sigh:
Goal weight: 69 kg

Meals today:

break fast: 1 spicy fried egg + little bit of lettuce

Lunch: 1 fried egg + little bit of lettuce + half can of tuna

Dinner: 2 chicken legs + 1 chicken wing (no chicken skin, oven cooked)

Edit: 1 spicy fried egg + half can of tune + little bit of lettuce

Carbs: 1 kiwi, 1 small mango
4 pieces of dark chocolate (couldnt resist)

Last edited:
Hi and welcome!

I just started to post here, myself. I have been on the site for a couple of years now and tried many other approaches.

You are off to a great start. Don't eat too little cos you might suddenly get very hungry and that would be discouraging.

We all look in the mirror at some point and think, enough is enough. I once weighed 20st 7lbs, a top weight reached (not for long) by lying in bed after a bad back injury and nibbling for comfort. Ten years ago I decided to tackle it for real.

I have kept more than nine stones off for eight of those years, and fought with the last few stones since.

Now I have 21lb to go to take me to below 10st and I am so glad I undertook the hard work needed.

Good luck! You will get there.

Hi Sona And Girlygirl!

thanks very much for your support! :)

Girlygirl, I'm sorry to hear about the injury that has contributed to your weight. But I can't believe you've lost so much! That's is a huge achievement.

I agree with you that I should probably eat a bit more than I have so far (I am starving actually!! lol). will probably have another egg and some tuna. thanks for your support and good luck with those 21 lbs! :)

Sona, good look for when you start! And I will look out for your threads! :)

Just wanted to say good luck

xx

Hi Sona And Girlygirl!

thanks very much for your support! :)

Girlygirl, I'm sorry to hear about the injury that has contributed to your weight. But I can't believe you've lost so much! That's is a huge achievement.

I agree with you that I should probably eat a bit more than I have so far (I am starving actually!! lol). will probably have another egg and some tuna. thanks for your support and good luck with those 21 lbs! :)

Sona, good look for when you start! And I will look out for your threads! :)

Yes please do eat more! You can afford to on Atkins, and indeed you must. Under-eating can slow down weight loss.

You should eat when hungry especially during induction, just keep the carbs mostly veg and salad and eat plenty of protein.

Frankly I love low carbing! It gets to be a way of life and feels right.

Hi sponge and welcome :D.. I know how you feel when you have put on weight and look at old pictures of yourself and ask why did I let myself go.. You can do it I've lost over 40 pounds and still maintaining.. keep a pic of yourself and also take pics with every 10 pounds that you lose or inches.. always remember to measure yourself because losing inches is also losing weight too.. There are many of us on here who has lost weight and still losing weight.. welcome again and everyone here is very helpful and want to see you suceed.. :)

Hi there :)

I think alot of us can empathise with feeling like you want to lock yourself away. I certainly have felt like that. Im glad you feel in the right place to make changes.

I am a choco fiend and the atkins bars see me through any dodgy spells - so Id suggest you stock up - the chocolate brownie ones are my faves :) I know that feeling you wrote about re the dark choc - cant resist! In a short time as I had substituted my choc fix with atkins bars my cravings just left and have never cime back :)

Good luck and we are all here to help you along the way :)

and yes - EAT!! :)

I agree with all your comments. I am having a bit of a hard time right now. I find that if I switch from one diet to another over the space of a couple of weeks that it is sometimes easier. I am doing low carb right now, well staring Monday for as long as I can. I have a target Nov weight loss of 15 pds. I am down 3 so far. Is there anyone else who does this, switching of diets to relieve the boredom?

Hi again hun just noticed you are eating fruit on your menu fruit is not allowed on induction just thought I would let you know. Your carbs should mainly be made up of leafy greens. Lettuce has very little carbs so you would have to eat an awful lot to reach the recommended 12-15 per day which you should be having. Cabbage is good shredded made into coleslaw with some mayo its 4grams per cup. I also have spinach, brocolli, green peppers and cauliflower

xx

xx

Hi SB and welcome love, have you read my stickie at the top of this forum, that goes into detail about what you can eat and what not. :)

Back